baby clothes!

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2013, 09:58 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
my biggest suggestion for girls stuff is carters! AND buy long sleeve onesies with fold over mittens because i haven't seen a baby yet that doesn't scratch themself and those baby mittens do NOTHING.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
May 4th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have never known a baby who scratched itself and no one I know covers their hands! Our hospital and ped also discourage covering baby's hands.
Babybear4 likes this.

May 4th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensma View Post
my biggest suggestion for girls stuff is carters! AND buy long sleeve onesies with fold over mittens because i haven't seen a baby yet that doesn't scratch themself and those baby mittens do NOTHING.
My nephew scratched himself up a lot, and so did a couple of my dsc.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
May 4th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Super Mommy
DS hated being bundled, swaddled or wearing mittens. he spent the first 4 days of his life nakey (except a diaper) in a incubator and I think he got use to nothing restricting him...he FREAKED out when I swaddled him tight or put mits on him and I don't really remember him scratching himself too badly.
May 4th, 2013, 08:00 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
my daughter scratched the crap out of her face, she was even born with long nails. i was shocked. i scoffed at covering my son's hands, though he scratched himself too, but i really used those with my daughter. both of my kids liked being swaddled. i'm sure its another one of those matter of opinion things, but they worked well for her.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
May 5th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Veteran
Also, as cute as 2 peice baby clothes/outfits are, they are SO annoying for newborns. (at least to me!) because the shirt/top ends up in their armpits with their belly hanging out. For me and my babies, two peice outfits didn't really work until about 9+ months when they are sitting up and crawling on their own.

Oh, and I am not a fan of the "baby" shade of pink or a closet full of pastels. I was at Kohls a couple days ago and they had some SUPER cute girl clothes that were bright colors and prints. A few outfits I know I am going to go back and buy if we get confirmation that this babe is a girl! Just a tip if you also like the brighter colors (kohls also carries carters brand stuff)
DS ~ October 2007
May 5th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8ermaiden View Post
I have never known a baby who scratched itself and no one I know covers their hands! Our hospital and ped also discourage covering baby's hands.
Ditto this. We did swaddle my son a lot, though but DD was held so much and slept with us so I guess she just never really had the chance.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search