Landed myself in the hospital, again. *Graphic, M/C ment (Not me)*

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mirdeemrlvs

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2013, 12:07 PM
kaylacaroline's Avatar Veteran
**The last half of this is a bit graphic and awfully sad.**

My gallbladder strikes again! I am so over this! I just want it out.

The doctor at Emerg told me they just want to wait and see if it resolves itself. Um, I've been admitted 4 times and have been dealing with this for 6 months. When exactly do you think it's going to resolve itself? Not to mention the two days I spent there over the weekend. I have kept down a single piece of toast since Sunday afternoon. I have had maybe 6 hours sleep since then too. In a lazy boy chair hooked up to an I.V. When do the benefits of surgery start out weighing the risks? They wanted to wait for viability, well I'm at that point.

Everything I eat comes back up, even sips of water. Which means I can't take the medication they have prescribed to me because it won't stay down. So, here I sit in pain that is beyond words and hope for the best? Not good enough for me. I just can't cope any more. The pain has me exhausted, physically and mentally. I'm starving and half the time I'm inches from a hypoglycemic fit.

Last night though, I thanked my lucky stars for the position I'm in. I was able to see Cooper twice and hear his heartbeat a few times. My baby is such a trooper through all this.

The reason I was even more thankful was because while I was in the hospital a girl the same age as me was rushed in because she had had a miscarriage at 18 weeks. I heard the doctors and nurses talking about it. I wanted to run in there and give her a hug. My nurse was six months pregnant too and both of us were in tears. The ambulance attendant had a Walmart bag in his hand and as he threw it on the counter he said it was the fetus. I wanted to be sick. I have prayed for that girl 10,000 times since last night. Even though I don't usually pray and I don't know her, I pray that what ever god she believes in gives her the strength to get through this. Her husband sat two lazy-boy chairs down from me and just cried silently the whole time. I had to look away, my heart was so broken for this couple, still is broken.

June 11th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Veteran
Oh my god! What a horrible story! My heart aches for anyone who has to go through a loss, especially one as horrible as that!
Regarding your gall bladder...is there any chance you can get a second opinion? It doesn't seem like it would be good for your baby to have its mom unable to consume anything for 6 months!
June 11th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow! I will pray for her and her husband as well. What a heartbreaking ordeal.
Hopefully you also find some relief from your problems! I can't remember if you have mentioned this before or not, but are they not wanting to remove it because you are pg? My Mom had her gallbladder removed and is much better off now!

* Thank you Kiliki for my adorable siggy!*
June 11th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
That's so heartbreaking. I could barely read that without tearing up. That poor girl and her dh.

I'm really sorry that your gallbladder is still causing you so many issues. I can't even imagine having to go through all of that. Are there any other options for you at this point? I'm also worried about you not being able to keep anything down including water.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
June 11th, 2013, 03:22 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sounds SO miserable! I can't imagine being you right now. So sorry you had to witness that horrible situation. I guess it kind of puts what your going through into a different perspective, huh??? HUGS!!! So sad. :-(

I can't tell whether you are in the hospital or not. After I had dd#3, I had trouble keeping anything down, I had very bad sulfur burps and pain between my shoulder blades. I went to the ER, but they couldn't/didn't diagnose me. I do/did have gall stones. After that, everytime I'd get the pain in my shoulder blades "squeezing gall bladder pain" I'd take 1 tbl apple cider vinegar with a little water and the pain would go away immediately. The Bragg acv with the mother in it is the best! If you are having the pain, and your at home, it's worth a try.

I hope you are able to get some kind of relief soon. I pray you and baby are strengthened.

June 12th, 2013, 01:11 AM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

June 12th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You have been through so much these last six months I wish they can do something for you!! What is your OB saying in all of this? I hope they find some resolution soon.

That is horrible about the miscarriage definitely puts things in perspective though. Praying for that couple!

June 12th, 2013, 10:21 AM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
I am sorry you are still dealing with all this I can't even imagine it.

I couldn't read through the last part without crying. That poor couple. Breaks my heart

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
June 12th, 2013, 08:00 PM
kaylacaroline, how are you doing today???

June 13th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Thanks for the support ladies. It's been a rough few days. I can finally get back to you all.

As of right now, they are doing nothing. The doctors told me there isn't a surgeon in that hospital that will touch me. Now, I understand the risks of surgery completely. I have thoroughly researched having a chole done and at this point, the perks of getting the surgery out weigh the risks.

One day of anesthesia and pain blockers vs a whole pregnancy of pain killers and malnutrition. The surgery has been proven successful and hardly harmful to a baby if done laparoscopically and in the right window of time. The only risks to baby are ones a surgeon would make themselves, like nicking my uterus. I am at full viability and the chances of nicking my uterus are slim, because it's still not that high into my abdomen. But hey, I'm just a patient, I know nothing.

Anyways, the last few days have been painful. I had a stone sitting in my bile duct, a stone so big my duct was twice the normal size. This is what was causing the vomitting. My liver stopped functioning properly and began to back up. The blocked duct was preventing food from being digested because the bile couldn't get around the stone. I did eventually pass it and have spent the last 24 hours trying to recoup from all the pain, because man it's exhausting.

At this point I am beyond natural remedies and avoiding certain foods. This just happens on it's own, regardless of what I eat or don't eat. It's truly a miserable existence. The attacks last days now, instead of just a few hours. I've lost another 4 pounds, just from this weekend alone.

I will find out what my OB thinks next week, but she'll probably feel the same way as the other doctors. I am hoping not, but that's just how it goes.

I just keep telling myself, 15 more weeks and it will be over.. 15 more weeks.

June 13th, 2013, 10:18 AM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hang in there. You are certainly having a rough go of it!

But witnessing that horrible situation at the hospital would sure make you thank God for a healthy baby, despite all the suffering you are going through. Oh my goodness, let me just say that if I saw someone put my "fetus" in a WALMART BAG and PLOP IT ON THE COUNTER it would be difficult to not jump up and choke him! How disrespectful! If the mother or father saw that they will probably remember it for the rest of their lives. That's their child.

Soooo sad.

[/url]

June 13th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraJo29 View Post
Hang in there. You are certainly having a rough go of it!

But witnessing that horrible situation at the hospital would sure make you thank God for a healthy baby, despite all the suffering you are going through. Oh my goodness, let me just say that if I saw someone put my "fetus" in a WALMART BAG and PLOP IT ON THE COUNTER it would be difficult to not jump up and choke him! How disrespectful! If the mother or father saw that they will probably remember it for the rest of their lives. That's their child.

Soooo sad.

Doesn't it make you want to bawl? God, I wanted to puke so bad. Not from disgust but from grief for that poor couple. I mean, think of what we all knew and felt at 18 weeks! The movement, knowing the sex... I have had m/c before and I don't think I could handle a loss so far along. I think it would kill me. The ambulance attendant was a man and didn't seem to be a parent. He was nice enough, but you're right.. Had that couple's door been open.. I can't imagine how it would feel for someone to handle my child like that.

June 13th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Veteran
Are you feeling any relief now that the stone has moved? Any chance you can go to a different hospital? What a giant pain! I can't imagine how you must be feeling!
June 13th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Our hearts are with you! So sorry you have to be going through this now. Keep positive. I hope and pray that you have relief soon.
TaraJo29 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search