Looking Ahead: Labor

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Does anyone use hypnobabies? I am TRYING but I don't have the whole course-just the audio stuff and I have very little time that I could sit and listen to it where I won't be disturbed Having 4 kids running around does not make it easy to have quiet time!
I need to get back into my prental yoga. Should be doing that in the morning instead of watching Supernatural reruns on TNT.

*Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!*
June 18th, 2013, 01:12 PM
manda622's Avatar First Time Mommy-To-Be
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca0217 View Post
Does anyone use hypnobabies? I am TRYING but I don't have the whole course-just the audio stuff and I have very little time that I could sit and listen to it where I won't be disturbed Having 4 kids running around does not make it easy to have quiet time!
I need to get back into my prental yoga. Should be doing that in the morning instead of watching Supernatural reruns on TNT.
But supernatural is soooo good! lol
rebecca0217 likes this.

BFP: 1/31/2013
First OB Visit: 02/19/2013
Dating Ultrasound: 02/20/2013 Got to see the baby move! HB 170!
Level 2 Ultrasound: 4/24/2013 It's a boy! HB 148!

June 20th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Veteran
I havent done any prep work...I neeeed to start walking but I live in Leavenworth and don't really feel comfortable walking by myself....with US Penitentiary in the same town and a correctional facility (that almost always has escapees) in a neighboring town....and I can't convince DH to go walk with me!!!

I bought evening primrose oil capsules...kind of on accident...but I'll save them for 37 weeks+. I meant to buy some Vit E oil because I read that if you use that as a massage oil for *down there* it could help prevent tears.

And I desperately want to do this whole thing without meds because I am TERRIFIED of needles and even more terrified of a c-section....so DH will be the only one in the room....I dont know how pleasant I will be so...we'll just keep the audience to a minimum.
June 20th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Veteran
I just realized I didn't answer the last question. Who will be in the room/house? Hubby, midwife, midwife assistant, photographer, my two kids, and hopefully my best friend.
DS ~ October 2007
June 20th, 2013, 08:29 PM
CARLACB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nothing. I did schedule a hospital tour only because the day I was supposed to attend my last one, I was at the hospital in labor lol I figured it would be fun for me and SO to do together. I also scheduled a breastfeeding class for my SO to attend with me so he could be apart of everything.

I am planning on my mom, my fiance and my best friend (she can't have children at all so I want her to experience child birth through me) in the room. Before I start pushing, anyone can come in; I don't mind it at all.

Blended Family of 5 and 1 on the way.
Makhari 6
Maleaha 5
Coty, Jr 7
June 25th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Veteran
I've been thinking about taking a childbirth class, but then I really don't want to pay for it.

I've been walking a little, but since it's gotten so hot, I haven't been as active as I should be.

I'm kind of terrified of labor, actually, but mostly because I don't really know what to expect. I have a decent tolerance for pain and apparently the hospital where I'm delivering has nitrous oxide gas as a pain relief option, so I think I'll be alright. If that gas can get me through the grinding and such that they do before they put crowns on your teeth, I think it will get me through labor.

As far as who will be in the room, I think just DH and my mom. Maybe my best friend, but maybe not. She wants to be there, but she's also a single mom of two kids under 5, so it's hard to plan for her presence.
June 25th, 2013, 02:26 PM
ValyntineG's Avatar Based on a True Story
I have done... a whole lot of nothing. Which is stupid, but I do this EVERY freaking time. I'm not allowed to do a lot of physical stuff like walking... but I'll do it in the last couple weeks. I don't know. I feel like if I prepare for something then I have expectations and expectations turn into disappointments.

I just like to go with the flow, man!

My husband and my mom will be in the room with me. I can't imagine not having either of them there. Last time, my mom was at dinner when I got to 10 centimeters. I REFUSED to push until she got to the room LOL.

claire1979 is my siggy hero

www.etsy.com/shop/68cents
Go there. Buy stuff.

Tags
pregnancy qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search