Recommendations for baby supplies?

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By H_Hplus1

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
One of my kids is grown and the other is a pre-teen, so needless to say I am definitely out of the loop when it comes latest and greatest baby items. There are so many new things that I'm confused about what I actually need versus what would be a waste of money.

If anyone has any recommendations for strollers, bassinets (Is it even worth it, or is it better to use what comes with the pack and play?), carriers (Moby wrap looks good, but I'm afraid I'd need a class to even begin using it ), swings, or anything of that nature, I'd love to hear about them. What are the things that you can't live without? What things did you get that aren't so useful?
June 17th, 2013, 06:09 AM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
For little little babies, I'm not sure. I actually didn't like the Moby wrap, I use soft-structured carriers but I haven't used them with a newborn yet. I hear a lot of nice things about the Rock N Play Sleeper but you just have to be sure you wash it right, I think, because it got recalled for mold or something.

June 18th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've heard so many wonderful things about this Moby wrap, but to me it just looked complicated. Do you remember what you didn't like about it?
June 20th, 2013, 01:25 PM
H_Hplus1's Avatar Supermom to 6
My biggest lifesaver honestly was the swing. I prefer the older style that the feet fit through (like the FP rainforest) and make sure it plugs in. I got a FP one for $100 at Wal-Mart. I don't use basinets because none of my babies would sleep in them. I don't know much about the Moby...sorry. Looked to complicated for me as well. I love the Chicco keyfit system for strollers/carseat. The handlebar is adjustable for those who are taller. If you go on craigslist you can usually find a lot of what you need there. Also check out Kid2Kid and other consignment shops.
Also read the reviews. I go on Amazon to check out and read the reviews of things I am interested. I have found that to be really helpful!!
Dolly Lama likes this.

Jace Allan 7 lb 3 oz, 20 1/2 "

My other beautiful children and precious baby Grandson!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search