98 days to go!

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2013, 11:18 AM
AIK112018's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Until my "due date"!
I am freaking out! I have some clothes for the baby, and a baby bath. 1 package of diapers, and one container of wipes. The nursery isnt painted, I have no where for the baby to sleep yet either, or a carseat! I am NOT ready. I am sure I will feel much better after my baby shower at 30 weeks, but it just feels like the pressure is on now. My gestational clock is friggen ticking. lol.

I am nesting like crazy, and its stressing everybody out. (Anyone have tips on how to clean dirty blinds?)

Anyone else feeling unprepared, like me? GAH!
June 17th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Definitely feeling a bit of that here, although considering we started from scratch from a move less than a month ago we're doing really well. Even has been having some "sympathy nesting" urges. I don't think a day has gone by that he's been at home (not traveling for work) and hasn't done at least 2 projects around the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIK112018 View Post
I am nesting like crazy, and its stressing everybody out. (Anyone have tips on how to clean dirty blinds?)
If they aren't made of wood and normal dusting isn't enough, you can take them down and soak them in a tub. I'm probably going to have to do that with the blinds here at some point.

*Excitedly expecting baby girl number two!*

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
June 17th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Grlsshp9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have 79 days to go and I have like 5 outfits for her and a crib, that is literally it. Im not getting anything until after my baby shower, and I will be 33 weeks at my shower. Im not nesting either, i think that will come later.

June 17th, 2013, 11:33 AM
kaylacaroline's Avatar Veteran
Wooo! Getting close!

I hear you though. I have a few bags of clothes, mostly sleepers from 3 to 6ms and a crib. And I just hit 99 days to go!!

For the blinds, I hang them across my shower, spray em down with TSP and give them a rinse.

June 17th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Veteran
Nesting for sure! We're finally making some progress so I'm not completely freaking out.
Re. the blinds, I put mine in the tub, wash them with a broom, and rinse them with my shower head.
June 18th, 2013, 12:29 PM
manda622's Avatar First Time Mommy-To-Be
I hear ya!!!! We have our NB dipes (we're using cloth) and some clothes... That's about it! My dad and stepmom are buying our crib and glider, but everytime I ask if we can order it they say "soon". GRRRR. In the meantime, we are waiting til our shower to buy anything else... I'm being surprised for my shower but from what I gather it's going to be like mid August. Running around to finish things in the last month stresses me out! I wish they were throwing it in July, but I'm just grateful to be having one...

Meanwhile, we need to get our apartment in order- we have sooooo much stuff and need to get organized and get rid of some more stuff/move things to storage unit. The spot we are using for the "nursery" is currently used as storage, so we need to get it cleared out ASAP. Sigh...

BFP: 1/31/2013
First OB Visit: 02/19/2013
Dating Ultrasound: 02/20/2013 Got to see the baby move! HB 170!
Level 2 Ultrasound: 4/24/2013 It's a boy! HB 148!

June 18th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Don't get me started on the nesting...I am psychologically nesting but physically sooo not upto anything. My house is always such a mess and I can't get DH to act at the pace that I want him to. But in his defense, he has been doing a lot! Its just busy and we have no time I have a few new born and 0-3 month outfits, a blanket, crib sheet and some hangers. DD's crib is in her room( she has her own big girl bed now), but the drop side railing is in the garage and I have to get DH to fix it on the crib (the kids will be sharing the room). I need DH to fix a row of hanger rails under the existing ones in DD's closet so that I will have space to hang up LO's clothes. I am also debating on a dresser or if I should just get those plastic pull out draws for the little stuff like burp cloths, socks etc.
We have a car seat and stroller, but have to purchase an extra base for DH's car, got to get two swings and/or one bouncer, playmat, breast pump, OMG I am freaking out now

June 18th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I am psychologically nesting but physically sooo not upto anything.
This is about where I'm at...Can't wait to get motivated to actually do something.

I did go out and buy a TON of baby clothes this weekend, but that's it. This poor child has nothing to sleep in, bathe in, ride in, rock in - nothing at all! The couple of babies from the August DDC who were born recently should have been enough to get me moving, but I still haven't managed to do much of anything. Guess it's time to get on the ball!
June 18th, 2013, 03:57 PM
TayAnd2Angels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm freaking out, bigtime!

We have to re-do the girls' room. Yep! Moving my 14-month-old in with my 4-year-old to make room for Levi... She's going from a crib to a toddler bed. That right there is enough to send me over the edge.

Have to redecorate the entire nursery, since right now it is purple, and that just won't work.

Having a garage sale next weekend to sell as many of the tiny pink things as we can to make room in the garage.

We have a 4-day trip to LA planned and a 7-day trip to Lake Shasta planned. The Shasta trip will be on a houseboat, with both kids. Rylan will be 15 months old at the time, and everyone keeps saying things like, "Oh it's gonna be so fun," or "It will be so relaxing." But in my mind, spending a whole week trying to keep my tiny one from going into the lake is going to be exhausting.

My baby shower will be on Aug. 4, and my c-section will probably be Aug. 28, so that doesn't leave a ton of time to fill in the gaps.

Ok, now that I'm typing it out, I am so overwhelmed!

June 20th, 2013, 03:20 AM
Badass
I can understand your pain!

Because we are renting our house and the landlords are stingy we cannot even paint the room and we aren't allowed to put anything up on the walls so I'm extremely frustrated with that.

As for baby gear so far we have a capsule, car-seat, bassinet, baby bath and a mix of second hand and new gender neutral clothing. Oh, and a sterilizer, bottles and two dummies (which I probably wont end up using because I didn't like how attached my brother got to his dummies) which I got last week. There is still a lot on my list we need and so far everything it tucked away in my wardrobe and not set up.

What's even worse is that because I have a separate room than my partner (I don't use it but it still has my stuff in it) we are relying on our flatmate to move out before we can even set it up! I'm getting twitchy fingers!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search