Blah... Weight check-in

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2013, 12:41 PM
TayAnd2Angels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just had my 29 week appointment and I'm up 14 pounds. That's all fine and good, but I'm kinda bummed because the weight I'm at now is only 1 pound shy of what I weighed when I gave birth to Rylan. I'm trying to not let it bother me since I started out 8 pounds heavier at the beginning of this pregnancy (Rylan was only 8 months old when I got this BFP), but it still kinda bums me out.

Anyway, how much have you gained and how many weeks are you, if you're up for sharing?

June 18th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Veteran
Lol-apparently no one wants to share! I actually turn away when they weigh me. I eat so healthy and exercise plenty whenever I'm pregnant, but in all of my pregnancies I've gained about 55 pounds. I don't get it.
It always depressed me when I entered into that out of control weight gain of the third trimester, so I'm just going to turn a deaf ear.
I have no idea what I weigh right now and I feel great.
iCathy likes this.
Excited for #4!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 18th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am up about 14 lbs, which is the least I have gained at this point with any pregnancy. With DD, I gained 50 lbs total and with DS, I gained 40 lbs total, 25 or so of them being from 12-24 weeks.

June 18th, 2013, 12:18 PM
AmbzAsh's Avatar Little Miss Sunshine
Eh, at my last appt I had gained 15lbs. But my doc said for my height (5'9") and my build, my weight was perfect. And everyone tells me how skinny I look. I think by now, I've gained about 18-19lbs.
June 18th, 2013, 12:20 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
I go back to the doc next week.. but at my last appointment I had only gained 2 lbs.

BUT I was already overweight, so it was really good. Baby is just helping me balance out

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
June 18th, 2013, 12:23 PM
manda622's Avatar First Time Mommy-To-Be
I'm 26 weeks and up about 9 lbs- according to the md office. But, it's actually more like 6-7 because I go to my appointments at night, and my weight really fluctuates and goes up throughout the day! I way at home in the mornings and according to that I'm between 6-7 lbs higher than my weight the day after my BFP.

I'm clinically obese and am only suppsed to gain 15 lbs...so I don't like that the MD office already has me down at +9, I'm waiting to start getting lectures, but hopefully not!

BFP: 1/31/2013
First OB Visit: 02/19/2013
Dating Ultrasound: 02/20/2013 Got to see the baby move! HB 170!
Level 2 Ultrasound: 4/24/2013 It's a boy! HB 148!

June 18th, 2013, 12:41 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
as of 24wk appt I was only up a few lbs, but I think I've gained another 2-3 in past 2 weeks so about 6lbs total. But I had HG so only started to come off my meds 2 weeks ago and feeling well enough to eat reasonably well...if this follows Savannah's preg i'm about to start packing on the lbs now - I gained like 2-3lbs/week (!!) starting at 30wks with her.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
June 18th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I *think* I have gained abt 18 lbs now compared to pre-pregnancy, The OB office informed me I had gained 5 lbs since my last appt which was abt a month back - that scares me a little bit. But they are not too concerned and I am trying not to either!

June 18th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
From my healthy weight I am up about 15lbs. Before I got pg with #4 I got hit with this nasty flu bug that just laid me out and so when I started that pg I was way too small. This time I think I am gaining faster that I have with previous pregnancies but I took better records with my daughter (baby#3). At this stage-28weeks- I was a few pounds lighter than I am this time around. My tummy is also bigger around-about 38" this time. With DD I was 31 1/2" at this stage!

*Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!*
June 18th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Grlsshp9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have gained 26 pounds. & I will be 29 weeks tomorrow. I'm right on track so I'm happy! & the baby is measuring ahead, so yeah.

June 18th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I gained very very quickly in the beginning and now I'm fighting to keep to a healthy weight. I started at 136 (very top end for me being 5'2) and now I'm about 160. So about 24 pounds gained at 26 weeks. I'm FINALLY slowing the weight gain down. I have to eat about 1900 calories to keep this weight manageable. I'm shooting to gain about 7 more pounds. Hope I can do it!
June 18th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just had an appointment today and found out that I lost a couple of pounds since my last visit, so my net gain at almost 26 weeks is 6lbs. I guess there is a bright side to all of the nausea and vomiting after all.
June 18th, 2013, 03:31 PM
TayAnd2Angels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am going to try to have a good attitude about it like you guys are. I have to remind myself that every pregnancy is different.

With Taylee I gained 38 pounds, she was only 4 lbs. at birth, and by my 6-week check-up I had lost it all.

With Rylan I gained 28 pounds, but when I got my BFP when she was 8 months old, I still had 8 pounds hanging around from her. And she was 7'2" at birth.

I'm hoping I can keep it around 25 pounds this time, but I think the older I get, the harder it is to lose the weight afterwards. Hoping I'm wrong and it just falls off. A girl can dream!

June 18th, 2013, 07:01 PM
amyhk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm up 20 pounds. How in the world that happened I have no idea, since I was barely gaining in the beginning. If I gain a pound a week I'm looking at 35 pounds at 40 weeks so I guess that's okay.
iCathy likes this.

June 18th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
As of last week, I'm up somewhere between 12 and 15 pounds total. I guess that's pretty normal, looking at y'all's numbers too. It's been freaking me out a little because about 10 of those pounds have packed on in the last month. I'm hoping it's been more of a spurt and isn't par for the course for the remaining months.

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
June 18th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
but I think the older I get, the harder it is to lose the weight afterwards.
And here's the problem...I swear, it's so much harder to lose weight at this age. When I had my first baby 17 years ago, the weight melted off with practically no effort afterwards - I can't even remember having to diet or exercise. With my 12 year old, I never really did lose all of the weight even though I was trying, then just seemed to add a pound here and there for years. I'm afraid of what it will take to get the weight off if I gain too much with this one. :/
June 19th, 2013, 12:36 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
i'm sitting exactly at the weight i was at when i delivered my daughter...i agree, its annoying. i've gained 20, which is fine, (was still holding on to 10lb from her pregnancy at 10mpp) but i'm freaking out like its going to be a ton more. at this point though i'm just like, whatever, i'll worry about it after he's born. What else can you do
iCathy likes this.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!

Last edited by jensma; June 19th, 2013 at 12:40 PM.
June 19th, 2013, 01:20 PM
iCathy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyhk View Post
I'm up 20 pounds. How in the world that happened I have no idea, since I was barely gaining in the beginning. If I gain a pound a week I'm looking at 35 pounds at 40 weeks so I guess that's okay.
This is me to a "T"! I hardly gained anything in the beginning, but now at 25 weeks, I am up 18-20 lbs! I'm really trying to watch what I eat, and will begin walking to get a bit more exercise and hope I can keep total weight gain to 40 lbs or less! It bothers me a bit, but I know I will get back down to a size 6 eventually, so I'm really trying not to stress!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my sweet siggy!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 19th, 2013, 01:43 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm up about 23 lbs. I am only 24 weeks, lol. I gained 5 lbs in the past 3 weeks. I gained 42 lbs with my first and 50 with my second.

I weighed about 122-124 when I got pregnant this time. I am hoping to gain no more than 40 lbs this time. I am about to go grocery shopping tonight and start eating healthier. I have been eating a lot of sugary junk lately.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
June 19th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had stayed the same, but then this month I'm down 8 lbs. We've been camping twice and I've been taking my 4 year old to the pool every other day. I've cut out 90% of my fast food habit. Honestly, I'm doing whatever I can to keep this going! I have a lot of weight to lose, so if a bunch comes off there's no risk.

I gained 12 lbs. with Elizabeth.

My BFF gained 80 lbs with her first and lost all of it by the time he was one, and more by the time he was 2. Her second one she only gained like 40 and lost it all too. Every person and every pregnancy is just different.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search