24 week appt - X posted

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Keakie
  • 1 Post By kaylacaroline

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had my 24 week appt on Friday The hb was between 145 and lower 150s. Belly/Uterus measured appropriate. BP normal. I had gained 5 lbs since the last appt But the OB was ok with it...I spoke to the doctor about pushing positions..._ I know its early but I wanted to start some dialogue abt the whole birthing process with her. I was happy with her answers.
OB: Are you planning on getting the epidural
Me: I am not opposed to it, but last time around I only got it because I was told the pain would intensify after the water was broken which they were planning on doing shortly then and the water breaking process would also be more comfortable with an epidural and that point was the best time to get an epidural if I did decide to get one. But then I personally didn't feel like the pain was unbearable at that point.
OB: Here we try to take as much of a natural approach as possible, We let things take their natural course and don't intervene unless help is truly needed. We wont urge you to get the epidural at a certain point - like at 4 cm dilation etc. unless you ask for it and you need it. And if you do not get an epidural there is no reason why you cant push on all fours or squatting or any other position comfortable to you. I have delivered babies with moms in any of these positions. However with an epidural, even a great one, you may not have the leg strength to support your self in any other position, you can lay down on your side may be. But I dont want you to worry, you seem to have done great during last delivery being that it was your first and the baby was posterior having a vaginal delivery was a best case scenario!! I am confident that you will find this time around to be easier overall and we will let things take their own course.

I felt great at her response. With that the appt was over. She gave me a bottle of lemon lime flavored glucose test drink for next time. But I have 4 more weeks for that
Expecting baby girl September 29th

June 17th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
That's definitely a good response! I'm glad you're feeling great about it too. Good luck with the glucose drink next time! I chose lemon lime too and thought it tasted like flat, overly syrupy Sprite.
Anitha likes this.

*Excitedly expecting baby girl number two!*

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
June 18th, 2013, 06:10 AM
kaylacaroline's Avatar Veteran
Yay for a good appointment! Your OB sounds pretty darn awesome! I have yet to do my glucose test.. Keep putting it off. Lol
Anitha likes this.

June 18th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thank you ladies. Yeah I really felt good abt this appt and my OB. I wasn't so sure before especially because she made me get that flu shot in one of my first appts! But I feel much better abt her now!
Expecting baby girl September 29th

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search