Update from today's high risk OB appt

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By L-SBB

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2013, 11:35 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
It went pretty well, baby looks good (yay) and I continue to measure 1 full week ahead (27wks) which has been consistently the case since about 8wks even though we're not tinkering with my EDD. The baby's growth is solidly average (slightly above) so that becomes my benchmark on the growth chart curve that they'll now use to determine whether baby's growth slows at all.

A couple of unexpected things from the appt - high risk OB is now making the decision for my OB (which she was supposed to make at my 28wk appt) that he wants to perform all of the growth scans from here until delivery now. And instead of doing them monthly - so I was kind of only mentally prepared for 3 more - he will do the next one at 30 weeks but then starting at 32 weeks he wants to do them weekly I wish I could enjoy them more, instead I get so anxious about these that I feel like a panicky mess, so not really excited to do so many.

He also confirmed what I feared, they definitely want to induce me early - in fact earlier than I anticipated - he's saying his recommendation to my OB will be to induce between 38-39weeks, due primarily to the blood thinners i'm on. I'll get more info on this at my 28wk appt with my OB....what was interesting was that he was talking to me about my challenges with Savannah's induction and telling me how they can do a more relaxed induction process with this one(possibly even sending me home if i'm not progressing) almost as if he plans to be there...I don't think my OB is asking him to be present (that's really only for super high risk patients I think?) but I'll have to ask her.

Anyway, pics are kind of poor (sorry, cellphone) but here's the best of the group today:
Anitha, rebecca0217 and Lucy S. like this.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)

Last edited by L-SBB; June 18th, 2013 at 11:38 AM.
June 18th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Veteran
I'm sorry, I've been on here so sporadically--why are you high risk? I've never measured ahead, but have always had big babies.
Excited for #4!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 18th, 2013, 11:55 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophielee View Post
I'm sorry, I've been on here so sporadically--why are you high risk? I've never measured ahead, but have always had big babies.
I'm high risk for a combination of issues - hetero for Factor II & elevated anticardiolipins (treated with blood thinners throughout pregnancy) is the most significant, but also my loss history and age. Without the blood thinners, I don't think I'd be monitored as closely though (or induced early).

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
June 18th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad that baby is doing well and growth is average. Also nice that your high risk OB seems to be addressing your concerns about a difficult induction...I can understand how anxious you must get with them monitoring you this much. But try to focus on the fact that atleast they are taking good care of you and making sure everything is ok. T & Ps that everything goes smooth for you. That's an adorable pic

June 18th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Baby looks great! Your high risk OB sounds like a nice guy-I hope that you can find a way to make the induction go smoothly.

*Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!*
June 18th, 2013, 01:14 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
baby looks good
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

June 18th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Heidijens1's Avatar Super Mommy
The baby looks great. I am glad that the baby is doing good and that your Dr's are working with you to do whats best for you and baby.
June 18th, 2013, 09:29 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
I am always anxious at ultrasounds too. I have been a paranoid mess the majority of this pregnancy.

Glad they are keeping a close eye on you though. Baby looks good!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
June 18th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am glad baby looks good and that they are keeping a close eye on you!

June 19th, 2013, 03:37 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I'm glad she's growing well! Sorry to hear about the scans being so frequent - I was terrified before my viability and anatomy scans so I can only imagine. Hopefully it gets easier and you can get a little more enjoyment out of it at least.

I do think it's good of them to be mindful of your induction concerns and hope they can find a method that works well for you.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
June 19th, 2013, 05:34 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
*lurking from TTCMA*

So glad everything is going well and that they are taking good care of you! Sometimes it is hard to find doctors that are thorough, so I think it is kind of nice that you have doctors fighting over you

Can't believe you are almost in the 3rd trimester...hooray

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

June 19th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Sounds like your appointment went great. I hope your induction goes easy... Scarey we are talking inductions already. My top count down is to my planned ( but not scheduled) induction.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search