Coughing has to STOP!

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2013, 12:58 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
This has been going on for over a week now.. I am about to lose it. Its a "productive" cough.. I have "phlegm" coming up... it just won't end!

Last night I got into a coughing fit so bad I almost threw up so then I started crying. So I am sitting in bed, in the middle of the night crying because of this **** cough.

The nurse at the OB office told me to take Mucinex, so I am taking that. I have been on it for several days... not sure if its helping or not.

I am so paranoid all this coughing will hurt baby girl. Even though the nurse told me no.. I just can't help but worry

She still moves around a lot, so I know she is ok.

I just don't know what else to do! I am miserable.. my stomach muscles hurt.. my back hurts.. My voice is even raspy.

JUST STOP IT COUGH!!!!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
June 19th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Ugh, that sounds terrible.

My dh is FINALLY getting over a nasty cough. He had this awful, persistent, heavy cough for over *5 weeks*. He ended up going in for antibiotics around the 3 week mark, and they also had a chest x-ray done to rule out pneumonia (his lungs looked clear, but the sheer length of the illness has our doctor thinking it may have been some kind of atypical pneumonia after all). It was pretty miserable for him, but we just kept giving him Emergen-c Immune + drinks (which cured up a bug I had a few months ago quick) for the first couple weeks because he never actually broke into a fever or anything and would have times where he felt almost normal (before it came back in full force).

Not to freak you out! I'm sure yours won't stick around for that long. I just wanted to offer some by-proxy commiseration. I hope you feel better soon. Is it just in your chest? If it's sinuses too (dh's moved up there eventually), you might want to try a neti pot. At the very least, it will help keep things cleared out.

And no, you won't hurt your baby. I definitely don't blame you for wondering, though - it's hard not to be paranoid about how EVERYTHING effects the baby, especially if it's illness related.

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
June 21st, 2013, 04:30 PM
I hoped I didn't have anything major causing the cough. I looked up everything to check for symptoms.. but my only issue was the coughing!

I slept sitting up the past two nights just so I didn't cough all night long.

But what is making it worse is that I pulled a muscle in my back from coughing! So now when it cough I am in pain! DH keeps saying he wishing he could cough for me.. haha. I said I wish!

Called the nurse again and she suggested Claritin just in case it is allergies. I go to the doc Tuesday and if its not better we will try something else. It is in my chest.. you can hear the rattle sometimes and I cough stuff up.. sorry gross.

I am glad baby girl will be ok.. I feel so bad shaking her around

My Art Page!
June 23rd, 2013, 12:05 AM
bevyvuska's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to bevyvuska
I feel for you. I came down with a full blown cold this week & it's been absolutely miserable! I hate summer colds, plus being pregnant on top of it just is the cherry on top. I to had to sit up on the side of the bed for at least 5-10 mins before I could lay down due to the pressure in my head.

Hang in there, mine is starting to go away, I hope yours does the same also!

June 23rd, 2013, 01:42 PM
CARLACB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You too?? I have been having a cough for the past month but it's nothing but phlegm. My family doctor said it's due to allergies and pregnancy hormones? Everything in our body is heightened according to her so I have just been dealing with it

Blended Family of 5 and 1 on the way.
Makhari 6
Maleaha 5
Coty, Jr 7
June 23rd, 2013, 05:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How are you feeling now? Is the cough any better? I hope it is.

June 23rd, 2013, 08:49 PM
Heidijens1's Avatar Super Mommy
I hope you are feeling better.
June 23rd, 2013, 09:20 PM
I hope you're doing better too!

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

June 24th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLACB View Post
You too?? I have been having a cough for the past month but it's nothing but phlegm. My family doctor said it's due to allergies and pregnancy hormones? Everything in our body is heightened according to her so I have just been dealing with it
Sucks you have it too The nurse said the same thing.. allergies or just pregnancy related. JOY!

Thanks guys! I am quite a bit better with the coughing.. but NOT with the back/side pain. I know I pulled muscles or something. My ribs are sore and getting in and out of bed is painful.

I am not sure if its safe to use a heating pad, so I am going to ask the doc tomorrow at my appointment. I need SOME sort of relief.

My Art Page!
June 24th, 2013, 01:25 PM
I'm pretty sure that heating pads are fine, but I hope your doctor can confirm and you can get some relief.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search