Let's Get Positive!

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree31Likes
  • 3 Post By kaylacaroline
  • 4 Post By rebecca0217
  • 2 Post By Anitha
  • 4 Post By manda622
  • 2 Post By MamaLaurie
  • 2 Post By TayAnd2Angels
  • 3 Post By Halyanne
  • 3 Post By MyFantasticFour
  • 3 Post By kaylacaroline
  • 5 Post By Keakie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2013, 07:13 PM
kaylacaroline's Avatar Veteran
I've noticed that there are quite a few threads in here that aren't the most positive. Probably because we're all feeling large, uncomfortable and sweaty! So I think we should all post things that we love about ourselves. Not just about being pregnant either. Let's dig deep and spread some positivity!

Anyone want to share some self love?
Anitha, Grlsshp9 and manda622 like this.

June 20th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I actually got some stuff done today! I am a major procrastinator and its been something I have been working on for a while. Today I made a stuffed animal "chain" using twine and clothes pins so now all the kids stuffed animals are up and off the ground! I CAN be crafty sometimes so it was a nice boost to my day when I could show DH that accomplishment.
I also love how after DH and I have a disagreement we can still laugh, cuddle and even DTD afterwards Its nice to have learned from my parents (and he from his) about how we DON'T want to handle things. We literally discussed an issue for an hour and ended up very passionately making up afterwards! I am very proud that I have become a person who can apologize, admit when they are wrong and not resent the other person for being right. I was SO not that way as a teenager-DH and I like to say we trained each other to be better people since we have been together since I was 17 and he was a little over 18.
Today I also took all 4 of my kids to a local store all by myself and everyone did great. It was not stressful, they all behaved great and we didn't have any break downs over not being able to have something and my 5 and 4 yo's did not wander off. (THe other two were in the cart)
That is all I can think of right now since its stuff that has happened in the last couple days!
Good thread idea!

*Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!*
June 20th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well I just won an ebay auction on cute necklace and earing set! Does that count ? Ok ok pregnancy related...hmm Voila baby's movement! Its gotten so frequent and prominent now! I love it. I got my DD to feel the baby and talk to the baby today it was awesome! Can't wait for my little girls to meet each other
Keakie and kaylacaroline like this.

June 21st, 2013, 07:34 AM
manda622's Avatar First Time Mommy-To-Be
I love feeling and WATCHING the baby move! He was going crazy the other night and for about a half hour my belly was moving all over the place. sooooo much love for that. Last night my hubster got a to see a little too.

Tomorrow's my 30th birthday! We're having a cookout at my dad's with some friends and family, I'm looking forward to that.

BFP: 1/31/2013
First OB Visit: 02/19/2013
Dating Ultrasound: 02/20/2013 Got to see the baby move! HB 170!
Level 2 Ultrasound: 4/24/2013 It's a boy! HB 148!

June 21st, 2013, 09:59 AM
MamaLaurie's Avatar Veteran
Baby has been moving like crazy today. We got a new camper last night because of the new addition to our family we outgrew our old one. My kiddos are super excited. I also found a really cute diaper bag that I love and a blanket and coming home outfit for our little guy. It's been a good week!
Anitha and kaylacaroline like this.
June 21st, 2013, 10:53 PM
TayAnd2Angels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I made a really yummy dinner tonight!

We also registered this week and got a ton of stuff done for the nursery. Woohoo!
Anitha and kaylacaroline like this.

June 22nd, 2013, 12:52 AM
Veteran
Our babys room is almost cleaned out! We'll be able to start painting this week!
Anitha, kaylacaroline and manda622 like this.
June 22nd, 2013, 06:58 AM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
I am ECSTATIC to be moving and finally in a stable position to buy a house! We were supposed to buy a house a few months back but DH's job was talking lay-offs so he just got a new one!! We have to relocate but it's worth it.
Anitha, kaylacaroline and manda622 like this.

June 22nd, 2013, 10:51 AM
Happy Birthday Manda!!

See, we just got to dig deep!

I for one am completely impressed with myself today. I have cleaned my entire house from top to bottom. I mean windows, floors, cupboards, you name it. And I haven't passed out yet!

I also had an amazing OB appt on Thursday. I still haven't gained a pound! I actually went back down the four pounds I had though I gained. Baby is healthy so my OB isn't concerned at all. Being below my pre-pregnancy weight makes me feel amazing to be honest. Everyone though I would blow up really bad and I have proved them wrong!
TnPhotoMama81, Anitha and manda622 like this.

June 22nd, 2013, 06:53 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I love this thread idea!

Some non-pregnancy related positives: I like to think I have a good sense of humor. I am a good cook. I am a loving person to my family and friends.

Not really anything to do with me, really, but something that made me smile today: I was pushing my littlest two stepkids on the swingset. My 6 yo dsd was on a two person swing and my 4 yo dss tried to join her, but he didn't know how to help push so she quickly asked him to get off because he was too heavy. She then looked at me and smiled and said, "When Evelyn is here, she could swing with me on here". She was also asking me when Evelyn will be born, and I told her it would probably be either late August or early September depending on when she decided to show up. Dsd has late September birthday, so I wasn't sure how she'd feel about a new baby potentially encroaching on her birthday month, but she said, "I really hope that she comes in September!"

It just makes me really happy to hear my stepchildren express excitement about the baby. It's so tough to introduce a new family member, especially in blended family situations. I'm happy and hopeful that integrating all of the kids may go more smoothly than expected.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
June 23rd, 2013, 08:17 AM
That's so cute! I'm glad your step-kids are getting excited! That really is some feel good stuff!

You reminded me, I didn't post non-pregnancy related things!

Hmm, well I always seem to have people laughing, even when it's not my intention. I naturally demand the attention of a crowd or group of people. I'm also the person my friends and family come to for advice and I love being able to help and support them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search