Back from an unexpected trip to L&D :S

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2013, 10:59 PM
Veteran
So, for those who don't know, I have complete previa, so my doc told me to go immediately to the hospital when I experience any bleeding. Every single time I get to a comfortable point in my pregnancy, something goes wrong. I literally mentioned to DH this morning how nice it is to not worry about finding blood whenever I go to the bathroom (after 2 loses and this diagnosis, I still inspect the TP every single time). Well, I went to the bathroom and saw brown spotting..sorry I had DH come inspect (we have a weirdly open relationship) and we concluded that we weren't going to worry about it. Then a huge black chunk came out and I completely freaked out! I called the OB and we went right to the hospital. They hooked me up to the fetal monitors (HR was 125-145 depending on my anxiety level) and she was moving around so much that the monitor was moving. After poking and proding at me for 2 hours and asking me about 200 questions, they let me go home since I should have an US booked next week anyway. So, for those of you with previa, they told me to call anytime I worried, but that it is likely not cause for concern unless there is red blood with cramping or heavy period-like bleeding. They said it was probably old blood/dead placenta bits that came out. Hoefully it's a sign that the placnta is moving! So happy to be home and know she's ok, but what a scare!
June 24th, 2013, 12:40 AM
Badass
Oh wow that does sound like it would give you a heart attack! I have a high posterior placenta and even I still find myself checking the TP every time I need to use the bathroom (I guess that is just years of convincing myself I am infertile due to endometriosis and will never have kids), so I can imagine how much worse it is like that. Hopefully that's the only time you experience it with this little one and good luck with your ultrasound next week!
June 24th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow that must have been scary!! Glad all is well. I hope the ultrasound gives you the good news that the placenta is moving away..!

June 24th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How scary for you!! I'm glad everything is okay, but hope that your US shows that the placenta is moving to a better place so you can actually relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.
June 24th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow! How scary. I am glad that it seems everything is okay. Hopefully you get more good news at your next U/S!

*Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!*
June 24th, 2013, 08:28 AM
ValyntineG's Avatar Based on a True Story
I would have been terrified! So glad everything is OK!

claire1979 is my siggy hero

www.etsy.com/shop/68cents
Go there. Buy stuff.

June 24th, 2013, 08:51 AM
TayAnd2Angels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Scary!! Thank goodness you and the babe are ok.

June 24th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Alpha_allie1010's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Scary! I had a previa with my daughter. I only had one time that I spotted but it did move and was only "partial" by 34 weeks. and "very low lying" by 37. I was able to attempt a vaginal birth. If you have any question I would be happy to share my story! Hit me up on fb tho cuz I can check it from my phone a lot easier and faster than JM . https://www.facebook.com/allison.legnon

Thanks Kiliki for my AWESOME siggie!!!
June 24th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Veteran
Unfortunately I think I'll have to go back. I'm pretty sure I lost my mucus plug over night, so I'm now waiting for my OB to call me back. I feel kinda crampy, but have off and on all pregnancy. They didn't do an US yesterday to know whether my cervix is closed or dialated, but I assume I'd be bleeding much heavier if it were open.
Send me your positive vibes ladies! Trying not to freak out...
June 24th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Alpha_allie1010's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope everything is OK. If it helps at all you can lose chunks of your mucus plug and it regenerates.
Keakie likes this.

Thanks Kiliki for my AWESOME siggie!!!
June 24th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_allie1010 View Post
Hope everything is OK. If it helps at all you can lose chunks of your mucus plug and it regenerates.
I'm hoping that's what's going on. The little creature was stomping all over my cervix last night, so I'm hoping she losened something in the process. My OB hasn't called back yet, so I'm hoping that means she's not too concerned. I'm still losing bits here and there, but at least it has let up a bit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_allie1010 View Post
Scary! I had a previa with my daughter. I only had one time that I spotted but it did move and was only "partial" by 34 weeks. and "very low lying" by 37. I was able to attempt a vaginal birth. If you have any question I would be happy to share my story! Hit me up on fb tho cuz I can check it from my phone a lot easier and faster than JM . https://www.facebook.com/allison.legnon
I'll definitely hit you up on FB! It's nice to have someone who's gone through something similar.
June 24th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
How scary! Sending you lots of positive vibes! Fingers crossed all is well and it is as simple as your mucus plug needing to regenerate a little bit.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
June 24th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Veteran
My OB doesn't have a clue what's going on, so she told me to go to the hospital again in an hour since she'll be on call. FML.
June 24th, 2013, 05:30 PM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yikes! I can't imagine having to deal with the anxiety of placenta previa. So glad all is well and you've had no red bleeding. That's awesome!

[/url]

June 24th, 2013, 06:08 PM
CARLACB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my!! Please keep us posted. When my doctor first told me about my previa (which is gone now), he said any bleeding call and go to the hospital which I am so glad that you did. I hope everything goes well with your visit tonight at the hospital. Try not to freak out to much and please keep us posted!!!!

Blended Family of 5 and 1 on the way.
Makhari 6
Maleaha 5
Coty, Jr 7
June 24th, 2013, 06:48 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow what a scare. I didn't read all the replies but I wanted to ask, did they not do an internal, Im not saying with fingers. Im saying with the thingy that opens you up. Ugh embarrassing that I don't know the term lol and Im a woman. Old placenta?? Umm that sounds odd? Did you have SCH also in early pregnancy?
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

June 24th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Veteran
Update! I went back to L&D and got to see my OB. All our vitals are perfect. My OB did an ultrasound and the baby looks perfect - doc confirmed that she's dancing in my cervix as she's now breech (doesn't matter much since c-section will be necessary). The 'gunk' as she calls it is cervical in origin, but I got an internal exam with the speculum (I think this is the word you're looking for) although they can't poke at me with the previa, and the cervix looks closed, at least for now. She did a fFN swab, so I'll get those results in 1.5 hours. She also reordered the 28 week US to check cervical length. I'll post the results when she calls me. I never had a SCH.
CARLACB and AshleighR like this.
June 24th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Veteran
fFN was positive. My OB says that it can be a false positive because of the blood in the discharge, so there's no way to know for sure what's going on. She submitted a request for an US ASAP to see what's going on with the cervix, so we'll have to wait and see.
June 24th, 2013, 10:13 PM
CARLACB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was just coming to check on your update before I went to bed. I am excited to see that the baby is perfect. With a positive fFN, does that mean you will go into preterm labor? If so, I hope they can keep your baby baking for as long as safely possible. Good luck hun. I'll check back in the A.M for another update. Breathe!!!

Blended Family of 5 and 1 on the way.
Makhari 6
Maleaha 5
Coty, Jr 7
June 24th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Veteran
Breathing is difficult, and DH is now convinced that he doesn't understand what the doctor said because he doesn't feel the impending doom that I do, but he doesn't worry like I do...
It doesn't necessairly mean that I'll go into preterm labour since blood also triggers a positive result, and there's loads of old blood coming out with the 'gunk'. She said she ordered the fFN test so that it would comfort me if it came back negative, but told me before I left that a positive test doesn't really mean anything.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search