Anyone feel like their water might break?

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dolly Lama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2013, 12:17 PM
AIK112018's Avatar Elizabeth
This has never happened with any of my previous pregnancies.
This baby has been head down for 2 weeks now and she hasnt turned at all. She gets really low sometimes - and call me crazy, but it feels like shes trying to rip open the amniotic sac. Anyone else feeling like this?
It has happened 2-3 times now over the last 3 days. Its like a pinching feeling down by my cervix, but it kind of like "bounces back"... does that make any sense? It feels like the elasticity when you try to pop a ballon with your bare hands....

... i hope im making sense. lol

She gets so low to the point where i have to sit or bend over because the pressure was too much. i went grocery shopping yesterday and had to lean over my cart a couple times. the cart was holding me up.
..I have a feeling I am not going to make it to 39 weeks this time around.
July 5th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know if it's the same, but I've been having some weird sensations in the cervix...that and what feels like pressure sometimes. It's uncomfortable to a point where I've been looking for signs of mucus plug or water leaking. Thankfully nothing that that has come up yet.

Hopefully whatever is going on, you make it to full term at least. I don't know about you, but 37 weeks instead of 40 would make me really happy.
July 5th, 2013, 01:11 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Those "pains" are pretty normal I think. I've had them in all of my pregnancies and I've gone past my due date both times. It may be a sign for you though since you have never experienced it before?

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
July 5th, 2013, 01:13 PM
AIK112018's Avatar Elizabeth
I have had a speck of blood on my tp yesterday but nothing after that so no clue whats going on. baby is still kicking around like crazy and im drinking plenty of water.. if it persists i will be talking to my midwife about it at my appointment next week.
July 5th, 2013, 01:13 PM
321abc
I've had the exact feelings! Like she's trying to climb out down there! Lol
I feel like one more punch and my water is going to break. I don't think I'll make it to my due date either. 32 weeks tomorrow and she weighed over 4 lbs on Tuesday.
July 5th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Quote:
I've had them in all of my pregnancies and I've gone past my due date both times.
Thanks for bursting my bubble! lol
TnPhotoMama81 likes this.
July 5th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel like baby is trying to escape. Mostly it happens when I have been up on my feet for a long time or just doing a lot. I "feel" like she won't stay in until her due date but that might just be be hoping I don't go until then because it sounds so far away and I am already uncomfy. I would be happy if she came 2 weeks early but no sooner. Too much trouble nursing earlier than that. DD came at 37 weeks and it was not horrible but it was still tough. DS#1 came at 38 and life was good! The other 2 came on time. The last 2-3 weeks was tough!!

* Thank you Kiliki for my adorable siggy!*
July 5th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have this sensation along with intense pressure. I went in to get it checked out today, because I've dealt with PTL with both of my other pregnancies and sure enough, his head is LOW, LOW, LOW. So low the doctor was shocked and didn't quite know how to deal with it, since my cervix seems to be holding up to the pressure for now, though he did recommend I stay off of my feet as much as possible and cut my visits down to only the high risk OB's for now, so they can monitor my cervix more closely.

So, IMO, it's worth a call if it's a unusual feeling for you.

July 5th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Quote:
sure enough, his head is LOW, LOW, LOW. So low the doctor was shocked and didn't quite know how to deal with it, since my cervix seems to be holding up to the pressure for now
Dumb question, but how can they tell how low the baby's head is?
July 5th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolly Lama View Post
Dumb question, but how can they tell how low the baby's head is?
When he checked my cervix, he could feel the hardness of baby's head in my vagina. I can actually feel his head, myself when I check my cervix. It's like this big, hard roundness inside of my vagina. I don't really know how to describe it but being an experienced self-checker, it's definitely undeniable when I feel it.

With my last son, he was so low that when they did the 32 week ultrasound, the tech thought he was breech because when she started the ultrasound at the VERY bottom of my belly, right above my pubic bone, where they usually see a baby's head, she couldn't see his head since it was so low. She had to put the transducer OVER my pelvic bone and angle it down to get any shots of his head at all. I guess my pelvis is just WIDE open, waiting for a baby to drop down into it.

ETA: When I went in to the doctor today, my complaint was that it literally feels like this child is going to just FALL out of my vagina. When he checked, he goes "Well, yeah, there is DEFINITELY a baby down there. Wow!" And did the whole "Hmm, huh." thing while he was trying to decide what I should do. I guess I am just used to hearing it because this is the third time I've shocked doctors with my bodies ability to carry babies REALLY low, to full term (hopefully!). I never "drop" before labor because baby is typically engaged for weeks before then. Lucky me.

Last edited by Babybear4; July 5th, 2013 at 07:10 PM.
July 6th, 2013, 05:26 AM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hm. I don't think I've ever had that one. When I was in labor and walking around the store getting groceries (yes) with my 3rd baby, I kept feeling a bulge near my rear (on the inside) every time I had a contraction. I thought it was just the baby being pushed down for a moment during the contraction. Later (after I got to the hospital and my water shot across the room and the baby was out 20-ish minutes after we arrived) I realized that feeling was my water about to break! I'm quite sure now it was my amniotic sac ballooning out every time I had a contraction. LOL Good thing I didn't have my daughter in aisle 5!

But my mom described her water breaking (before she was in labor) as a feeling like someone snapped a rubber band inside her belly. She said she could almost feel or hear the "Pop" and wondered for a split second what it was when water gushed everywhere.

It will be interesting to see if your water does break early on or not (hopefully not TOO early, of course )

[/url]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search