Major Freak Out!

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By beckiethedoula

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2013, 06:32 AM
AmbzAsh's Avatar Little Miss Sunshine
Okay so seriously, am I the ONLY one freaking out right now?! I just realized that I have less than 80 days to get soooo much stuff done.

We went for our L&D tour last night and I think that is what prompted this whole freakout thing. I think some of the other new mommies there were freaking out too.

I mean, I have NOTHING for myself for the hospital. No nursing tanks/bras...no comfy clothes (other than the huge pair of Golds Gym mens workout pants that I have to wear now because they are the only ones that fit). I am trying to switch out my diaper bag....I feel like the print it way too girly (even though I LOVE the bag). Still have to have the room painted, border put up, crib put together, get a dresser.

And my mom said she has barely gotten ANY RSVPs for my shower. Wanna know why? My friend (who is seriously slacking in the friend department lately....she hasn't responded to a single text/phone call in 3 weeks) who was in charge of the invites didn't put an RSVP date on there. So we are just assuming that everyone is going to RSVP in their own time...making it hard for my mom and gma who are preparing all of the food.

What if I dont get everything I need at my baby showers? What if?! What if?!

I am starting to nest...and all I want to do is clean, organize and get rid of things....but I feel like I have no time or energy to do ANYTHING.

Mind you, I don't say any of this stuff out loud...I just kinda keep it to myself and freak out in my head.

Blah. I just needed to get all of that stuff out.
July 10th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Super Mommy
Don't freak out! you will be ready and you will eventually have everything you need!

nursing bras and tanks are not necessary for the hospital, comfy clothes is like yoga pants and tshirt. You can wear your regular bra home if need be, the milk doesn't come in until day later anyway.

I would get moving on painting the room. the crib there is still time for..

if you don't get everything you need at the shower...its OK...
one trip to target, babies r us etc and you can get all the essential you need ( baby shampoo, baby cream, diaper, burp cloth, sheet for crib, changing pad and cover, a few onesies, a few stretchies).

I didn't get most of the my baby things until AFTER my first was born. I went out at 6day PP with my brother and we dropped $300 at buy buy baby.

Then you'll be inundated by baby presents and will spend lots of time returning and exchanging and be at those stores all the time to get anything you are missing
July 10th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Veteran
It's ok We're all in the same boat
Your little guy isn't going to care if his room isn't painted or if things aren't completely organized, so I think the list of crap that HAS to be done is often much more managable than what we want to get done before our babies arrive. I've gone through this exact thing. I don't really want a baby shower - I hate being the centre of attention anyway, people buy what they want rather than what you need, and most of my family lives in Nova Scotia - so we're trying to get everything together with very little help, which can be scary.
If it helps, I made a list of everything I want to get done before our LO arrives. On the weekend (or evenings if I feel ambitious) we do as many of the 'important' things we can and work our way down to things we want to do. It feels much more satisfying to cross things off our list, even when you remember new things to go on it, than it does to worry about the massive jobs ahead
PS, I also have most of the stuff you listed my list still
July 10th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Super Mommy
Try not to stress! I know, easier said than done! The "do-lists' can be overwhelming. Just try and tackle one thing at a time and be able to cross stuff on your list. its the best feeling! When is your baby shower? Because if you dont get everything, you can always go out after and just purchase the stuff then before baby comes. Im trying to finish two online courses right now before baby comes and im panicking! I have like 4 essays to write still! Plus a final exam next month! I think we need to remember to just 'breathe'!!!!

*Thanks so much Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!*
06/12 11/12

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 10th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also freaked out not too long ago because I have literally only bought clothes at this point. Nothing else. I was feeling anxious because I don't have a nursery ready, don't have all of the supplies, don't have anything that I need really. I know there's so much to be done, but I seriously feel like crap most of the time and can't muster up the energy to get too much of anything done.

Oh well. I've decided that I don't really care - I can't. I'm going to order what I need from Amazon, make a quick run to Walmart for the creams, diapers, ect, and call it a day. If I can't manage to get a nursery together beforehand, I'll just do it afterwards when I feel better - realistically speaking, she's hardly ever going to be in there in the beginning anyway.

As far as the stuff for me goes - I've never owned a nursing bra, nursing tank, or anything of that nature (didn't even know they existed back then! lol). I survived in regular comfy clothes (sweats, tanks, t-shirts) and sports bras with pads for the leaking, and plan on pretty much doing the same this time.

Try not to freak out too much because you'll be fine regardless...Lawson won't care that the border isn't up in his room, I promise.
July 10th, 2013, 02:12 PM
beckiethedoula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can absolutely promise you that it will be okay. Babies NEED something to wear, something to eat, somewhere safe to sleep, and a car seat to make it around safely. That's IT. Anything beyond that is extra.

I also promise he won't care if his room is painted or what color your diaper bag is. He will only want you and food and sleep. And you will figure out how to provide all those things for him <3 Relax.
Babybear4 and Keakie like this.

July 10th, 2013, 02:43 PM
amyhk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbzAsh View Post
I am starting to nest...and all I want to do is clean, organize and get rid of things....but I feel like I have no time or energy to do ANYTHING.
This is me! I think the panic is coming from a place of wanting everything to be as PERFECT as possible and then dealing with the reality that I. Am. Exhausted.

With my first I barely had anything ready and I still had to go out and buy stuff after he was born. It was okay. And you still have time! Prioritize your list to "has to get done" and "would be nice if it's done" and you'll feel better.

July 10th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am freaking out but just quietly pretending this isn't happening in 2 months or less.

I am with you on the nesting, too but I am in so much pain that I literally just can't. I physically cannot do it and it makes me want to scream.

July 10th, 2013, 05:08 PM
321abc
I'm freaking out about mothering two kids which will only be 20ish months apart.
My son is starting the terrible twos early and he's in to everything and ignores me constantly. /:
July 11th, 2013, 06:43 AM
manda622's Avatar First Time Mommy-To-Be
I'm also freaking out- but just trying to narrow down our long to do list to the priorities and convince myself that everything else is gravy!! But, honestly, what's stresing me out most is I don't think my shower is until the last weekend of August :/ and I also don't think my aunt has even sent out the invites yet. I'm so afraid we are going to find out 3 weeks before the due date that we need a TON of stuff. Ah well.

BFP: 1/31/2013
First OB Visit: 02/19/2013
Dating Ultrasound: 02/20/2013 Got to see the baby move! HB 170!
Level 2 Ultrasound: 4/24/2013 It's a boy! HB 148!

July 11th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by skye10 View Post
I'm freaking out about mothering two kids which will only be 20ish months apart.
My son is starting the terrible twos early and he's in to everything and ignores me constantly. /:
20 momths seems like an ideal age gap to me. It will be tough at first for your little guy to get use to not getting all your attention, but they'll end up being so close as they get older
For what it's worth, my MIL has 4 boys who are all 2 years apart. She said having 4 was not that much different than having 1 (and my DH who was born last was horrible apparently, she tells me this often). According to her mom, it doesn't get that much tougher until you reach #5
July 12th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Right there with you, mama. The fact that we're under the two-month mark has me totally freaking out about everything that isn't ready yet.

I'm glad we have so many level-headed BTDT mommies here to offer wisdom.

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search