People say the RUDEST things.

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By kaylacaroline
  • 2 Post By rebecca0217
  • 1 Post By littlecatlady
  • 1 Post By iCathy
  • 1 Post By Kai452
  • 1 Post By littlecatlady

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2013, 08:27 AM
kaylacaroline's Avatar Veteran
I know there was post about people remarking on how huge some of us were, or pushing watermelons out of our vaginas and I have dealt with my fair share of comments too but nothing has bothered me until....

"We're gonna have an evacuation party as soon as you get that little ******* out of ya"

This came from my SIL yesterday. If I had a brick, guaranteed she would have worn it. As I sat completely stunned, she continued to say we were going to get rip roaring drunk after the delivery, because I'm going to need it having the spawn of her brother.

1. DO NOT CALL MY BABY NAMES YOU INCONSIDERATE ******* COW.

2. I will be breastfeeding. I will NOT be getting rip roaring drunk. That is NOT my top priority.

3. Please stop insulting my wonderful, charming sweet man. I don't care if he's your brother.

Next, we have an insert from a conversation with his mother.

"His father was a demon child, a holy terror. Hope you're prepared for this one to be a demon too."

1. His father was a normal boy that you just didn't have the patience to raise. While his sister may have done nothing, not even colour on the walls, that does not make him a demon child.

2. AGAIN, PLEASE STOP CALLING MY BABY NAMES. It's downright rude and I am starting to feel really violent towards you.

3. I will love my baby even if he comes out climbing the walls. I am looking forward to mud pie masterpieces and tree climbing. I don't want a baby who doesn't get into trouble, that's all the fun. Just because a child is curious does NOT make him a little demon.

I am sick and ******* tired of having to hear comments like this. From his aunts, cousins and family friends. I have to endure another family lunch this Sunday and you can bet your bottom dollar the first person to say bad about my unborn child is going to feel my wrath. I am over biting my tongue and keeping the peace.

Sorry for the vent, I'm just so mad and my Mom isn't available to ***** and cry to this morning.
iCathy likes this.

July 13th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
That's insanely rude on both of their parts. I'm so sorry that you're catching comments like that. Unbelievable!

*Excitedly expecting baby girl number two!*

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
July 13th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow. That is crazy. I can understand a grandmother warning you that her son was a "handful" but that is where it should end. I honestly think that so many people give children a bad wrap simply because they don't come out acting like adults. And honestly, if your kid misbehaves most of the time its your own **** fault. I notice that with my siblings. I had to flat out tell my mother that her boys would not be so rude, say inappropriate things etc. if they were more careful about #1 the things they are allowed to watch and #2 if my Dad and the oldest brother didn't cuss and say the exact same things that the boys should not be saying. Kids live what they see and hear from their surroundings...so the next time your MIL calls your son a demon tell her "Monkey see, Monkey do." and see if that shuts her up.
sophielee and kaylacaroline like this.

*Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!*
July 13th, 2013, 11:04 AM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
That is very rude of them :[

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
July 13th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Veteran
What a bunch of *****es! Maybe take a brick with you next time
kaylacaroline likes this.
July 13th, 2013, 12:45 PM
321abc
Oh I wouldn't have bitten my tongue.
Children are precious gifts from The Lord they are not demons or monsters or whatever else rude people call them.
I turn as red as a beet when my mother thinks its funny to call my 18 month old a brat.
If you have to call him something besides his name call him something sweet!

I totally wouldn't blame you if you said "listen b**** don't call my blessing a name again! It doesn't feel good does it!?"

People these days.. They don't know when to keep their mouths shut
July 13th, 2013, 02:08 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
Ugh.. how rude! I wouldn't have been able to keep my mouth shut. The worst my mom has said is that she will be spoiled.. by her! Haha.

People should NOT say anything like that about a child.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
July 13th, 2013, 08:11 PM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, completely obnoxious and rude.

[/url]

July 13th, 2013, 08:29 PM
iCathy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How horrible!! I don't even know what I would say, but that is just so inappropriate! I think I would say something to the effect of "well, I plan to spend time with my kid and be a good mom, so I'm sure I won't have that problem" ugh!!
MyFantasticFour likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my sweet siggy!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 15th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Veteran
That's awful. I'm sorry they're being such *****es.

I'd definitely say something about it. I'd try being nice at first. Something like "I'm glad you feel like sharing stories from hubby's childhood, but please remember that you are not being nice or encouraging. Also, I don't take it as a joke when you call my child a demon, so please don't."

If that doesn't work, something closer to, "listen, lady. I like you and everything, but if you don't stop insulting my husband and my child, I am fully prepared to release the ten-headed hydra that is pregnant-lady-wrath. Don't test me."
July 18th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Thanks ladies.

This week I have stayed in bed, miserable. I think the comments have a part in my mood. I'm mad at myself for not having a backbone, when usually I am a seriously confrontational ***** when it comes to me and mine. My Mom says it's probably just hormones making me a softy and I will probably go back to full blown cow after birth. Which is good because I think the comments are only going to get worse.

Now we can add the comments about what I eat and what I do now that I have gestational diabetes. I told DH to shut the **** up and don't talk to me when we were at dinner at his parents house. He was going on about what I did to cause myself to get GD. I didn't ******* do anything. I even went as far as to tell him to keep his ******* hands off me when he tried to rub my belly later on that night. I know he was just kidding about the GD, but he obviously doesn't realize how upset I am about it.

I did however tell his sister to take a flying leap last night when she referred to Cooper as her brother's "spawn". Like he was the ******* spawn of Satan himself. I told her she was lucky I didn't punch the **** out of her. I think it scared her a bit. But oh well. LOL.

July 18th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I'm sorry that your dh was being so insensitive about your GD diagnosis. I'm glad that you know that it's total bull**** for anyone to suggest that you caused it in some way.

And good for you for telling his sister where she could shove it. I can't even imagine having people refer to our baby that way, jokingly or otherwise.

*Excitedly expecting baby girl number two!*

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
July 18th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keakie View Post
I'm sorry that your dh was being so insensitive about your GD diagnosis. I'm glad that you know that it's total bull**** for anyone to suggest that you caused it in some way.

And good for you for telling his sister where she could shove it. I can't even imagine having people refer to our baby that way, jokingly or otherwise.
DH is just typical man. Which is so frustrating some times. We try to make light of awful situations, because we are usually a magnet for them. But these days, I'm finding it hard. We're going to have a talk about it tonight. I'm hoping he'll be more sympathetic afterwards. If not, I'm going to find a brick to use on him and his stupid sister.

July 18th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylacaroline View Post
DH is just typical man. Which is so frustrating some times. We try to make light of awful situations, because we are usually a magnet for them. But these days, I'm finding it hard. We're going to have a talk about it tonight. I'm hoping he'll be more sympathetic afterwards. If not, I'm going to find a brick to use on him and his stupid sister.
Haha! I wish you lived in BC instead of Ontario!
July 18th, 2013, 04:50 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG I have had my fair share to, insults and all, and this has brought back memories Im sorry your enduring such things to. I know somes sarcasim and jokes to them is just that, but do they know exactly what is coming out of their mouths? I also feel extremely bad for us mamas this trimester, we are all going through a lot, and for these words to be given to us, makes us want to eat them. No wonder wild animals have rep of eating each other.. maybe cus of same than this, ugh
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

July 18th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecatlady View Post
Haha! I wish you lived in BC instead of Ontario!
Are you fond of bricks too?

HAHAHA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2lilmen View Post
OMG I have had my fair share to, insults and all, and this has brought back memories Im sorry your enduring such things to. I know somes sarcasim and jokes to them is just that, but do they know exactly what is coming out of their mouths? I also feel extremely bad for us mamas this trimester, we are all going through a lot, and for these words to be given to us, makes us want to eat them. No wonder wild animals have rep of eating each other.. maybe cus of same than this, ugh
I know, what the hell is going on in this DDC? Seems we're all destined to have some serious crappy factors in our pregnancies!!

Wouldn't it just be easier if we mated and then killed them like spiders? Hahaha! But then who would get us chocolate cake at 11 o'clock at night? *Sigh*

July 18th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylacaroline View Post
Are you fond of bricks too?

HAHAHA.
I've said on countless occasions that I need a torpedo gun that fires rotten eggs at whomever I choose...that would be sweet, but so would a brick to the face...difficult decision...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search