32 week appt. update

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By ValyntineG
  • 1 Post By littlecatlady

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2013, 09:35 AM
ValyntineG's Avatar Based on a True Story
I swear, every time I go to a doctor's appointment it turns into the stupidest, most frustrating day ever. I had hoped to be in and out of this one, but noooooooo....

My MIL has been trying very hard to smooth things over with me and I don't hold grudges, so she came over to babysit the kids. Imagine my shock when she showed up 10 MINUTES EARLY! She is usually almost an hour late, so it was pretty incredible. I told her I would be gone for about an hour and left.

Of course, right when I get there I start having contractions. I kind of didn't want to say anything, but the secretary noticed and told my doctor. So immediately, they hooked me up to the stupid monitor and I got to count contractions for 45 minutes. Hooray!

I had quite a few, so my doctor insisted that I go to the MFM for an ultrasound and a vaginal cervix check... PLUS, she put me on a regular Procardia script for the next 5 weeks. F*ck everything. At that point it was 12:30 and the MFM couldn't see me until 2:45. My MIL had to be somewhere at 3, so I had to call my mom and ask her to meet me at my house at 2.

Got to the MFM at 2:30 and they told me they were running behind, so there would be a long wait. PLUS, they screwed up my insurance and were trying to charge me 300 bucks when I have TOTALLY met my deductible. Which was BS (by the way, Allison, this is why I didn't end up calling you back yesterday. Sorry, hot stuff). Anyway, by "running behind", they apparently meant that I would be sitting there waiting for 2 AND A HALF HOURS. At which point I was ready to lose my freaking mind.

Once they finally got me in, they did an ultrasound and little Eisley is doing great They were worried at first because her stomach is measuring behind, but her head is right on track, so it's all good. She is head down and SO low! She's also pressing right up against my cervix, so they couldn't get a very good measurement without switching to the vaginal wand. Because that's totally what I needed at the end of my day. A strange man putting a dildo wand in my junk. Thanks Universe.

After that and the manual check they told me I was 2 cent. dilated (which I was a few weeks ago too, so it's good there's been no change there). But cervix is very soft and about 40% effaced. I'm going in for a steroid shot for baby tomorrow, but doc did seem (at least to me) relatively confident that I could still carry her to term. Assuming that I stay on the Procardia every day and bed rest as much as possible.

I'm hoping that she surprises everyone and hangs on in there until 41 weeks
CARLACB, Anitha, iCathy and 2 others like this.

claire1979 is my siggy hero

www.etsy.com/shop/68cents
Go there. Buy stuff.

July 18th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow! What a day! I was frustrated waiting for my midwife for 20 minutes Can't imagine waiting as long as you did.
I hope that she stays put as long as you need/want her to

*Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!*
July 18th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValyntineG View Post
Once they finally got me in, they did an ultrasound and little Eisley is doing great They were worried at first because her stomach is measuring behind, but her head is right on track, so it's all good. She is head down and SO low! She's also pressing right up against my cervix, so they couldn't get a very good measurement without switching to the vaginal wand. Because that's totally what I needed at the end of my day. A strange man putting a dildo wand in my junk. Thanks Universe.
You crack me up! I think the exact same thing whenever I have to have my placenta checked!

Glad to hear that despite losing your entire day you ended up with good news! AND that your MIL was actually responsible! Who would have thought?!
TnPhotoMama81 likes this.
July 18th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What a long day! I am glad baby is fine and the dilation hasn't progressed. ROFL abt the dildo thing. I actually didn't get the vaginal u/s even once this pregnancy. oops I hope I didn't just jinx myself!

July 18th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Heidijens1's Avatar Super Mommy
Sorry it took so long. I'm glad baby looks good. I must be very lucky, this is my 5th kid and I've nver had to have a vaginal ultrasound. That sounds terrible to me i hope to never have to have one.
July 18th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
ROFL abt the dildo thing.
I've gotten dildo'd twice so far this pregnancy - it's long, skinny, and hasn't exactly been my favorite thing to have done.

I'm glad the baby is still doing well - hopefully she hangs tight for a while longer.
July 18th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
What a day. So sorry that you had to deal with all of that for what should have been a pretty simple appointment! I'm glad that Eisley is doing well, though. Fingers crossed that she keeps on baking as long as possible!

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
July 18th, 2013, 04:24 PM
kaylacaroline's Avatar Veteran
Ugh, it's so much worse when a dude has to use the magical wand on you.

At least baby is doing great! That kinda news always seems to make a craptastic day way better.

July 18th, 2013, 09:48 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
The wand sucks. When I had it at 4 weeks (they didnt know how far along) she was so rough. It's not a stick shift lady.
But I do hope baby stays put!
July 18th, 2013, 11:35 PM
TayAnd2Angels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What an annoying day. I'm glad to hear that Eisley is good though!

July 19th, 2013, 06:25 AM
AmbzAsh's Avatar Little Miss Sunshine
Geez mama, what a day! Craziness! But I'm glad little Eisley is doing well Let's hope she stays put for awhile longer!!

Btw, I've gotten the dildo wand twice this pregnancy as well....the first time, a guy did it (second time was a woman) and surprisingly, the guy was MUCH more gentle that the woman! I wonder if he was as weirded out by it as I was?
July 19th, 2013, 09:51 AM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
Man I have gotten the wand WAY too many times to count! We started off at an RE and did an IUI, so they had to monitor follicle growth, then all of my ultrasounds at the beginning were with the beloved dildo. We became quite close

Sorry your day way so long! I HATE waiting at the doc. I always wait for about an hour at the OB. Ticks me off every time.

Glad baby girl is doing good though! I love her name BTW... I may have already said that.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search