Baby Registry Question...

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2013, 11:35 AM
manda622's Avatar First Time Mommy-To-Be
So, my aunt is throwing my baby shower and the date and time are a surprise for me (although I know its sometime at the end of August). I gave her the guest list and addresses and registry information and she was taking it from there. I'm super grateful because I honestly wasn't sure I'd have one otherwise- my sister isn't in a great place financially, my bestie is going through a tough time (plus she just did my wedding shower last August) and my mom and grandmom passed away years ago... But, from what I've heard she made a few mistakes on the invitations, and I'm pretty bummed. The first one was that she put the wrong day of the week but right date...

The second mistake is that she apparently forgot to list my amazon.com registry. My babiesrus and amazon registries are almost a 50/50 split, and neither of them is excessively large- I wanted to register for what we will need in the first 6-8 months, and basically only that. We don't have much space or finances, so I was really hoping to get most of the essentials. I did tons of research to decide on what might work for us... I was already nervous people wouldn't shop the amazon registry because I know for my wedding most people waited til the week of to make their purchases. But, now, I'm super worried it will get missed.

I added a note to the top of the babiesrus registry that we are also registered at amazon, and I know a couple of friends are trying to spread the word. But, there's a few groups who won't get told unless I go out of my way to get the info to them in some way.... IDK though, I don't know if I should do anything, or just roll with it and hope for the best?

Also, I'm not sure what she's doing to get the correct information about the date out to people- but I don't know how to approach her about it?

BFP: 1/31/2013
First OB Visit: 02/19/2013
Dating Ultrasound: 02/20/2013 Got to see the baby move! HB 170!
Level 2 Ultrasound: 4/24/2013 It's a boy! HB 148!

July 18th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Veteran
Do you have a close friend who can discuss with her how to get the correct information to people?
July 18th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just wanted to say don't sweat it too much. Your friends will know and hopefully a few other people. I learned the hard way, and then from hanging out for years on mommy boards, that pretty much 99% of people will purchase your gift the day of or day before your shower. Online registries usually get totally overlooked. I know the only thing bought off mine was my diaper bag by my sister!

It's something I've seen literally hundreds of times since I had E and started paying attention. People don't buy enough in advance to order online. The people most likely to do it are the very tech savvy or young.

July 18th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
That's a tough one. I was also wondering if you had a friend or SIL or something who you could have ask your MIL about those things and see if she can include your information.

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
July 18th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Yeah, I think I'm going to have my best friend bring it up to my aunt and just offer to send out an email or something. I know the online registry will get mostly overlooked anyway, but the fact that it isn't even on the invite just bugs me because it'll be totally overlooked instead of mostly. Plus I was thinking that at least people who choose to buy gift cards might do amazon instead of babiesrus, if they know we are registered there as well. Know what I mean?

July 18th, 2013, 10:43 PM
mommyof2boys0207's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd just go with it. In the end you will have what you need and it really is just a baby shower.
DD- Savannah - June 30th, 2011
DS- Jameson - September 18th, 2013
July 19th, 2013, 06:31 AM
AmbzAsh's Avatar Little Miss Sunshine
Sorry you're so stressed hun
But, FWIW, I've been in the same boat with you for the past 2 months....my friend, who is throwing the shower, screwed up stuff on the invites as well, didn't put EITHER of my registries on there, and then put her cell phone down as an RSVP (my mom's as well).....and then changed her number the week she sent out the invites. ***?! So now, we've barely had 25 people RSVP out of the 65 that were invited and none of them knew where I was registered. And no one can get in touch with my friend.

BUT, my mom has seriously made me calm down over the past few weeks....because there is truly nothing I can do about it at this point. I'm just going to roll with it, appreciate the things that I do get and the people that do come and be happy!

Hang in there hun, don't let it stress you too much! Some people may just give you money instead of buying anything from the registry...then you guys can go buy what it is that you didn't get
July 19th, 2013, 10:40 AM
bevyvuska's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to bevyvuska
Yea, it's hard. Just breathe. It'll work out. I know most people who are close usually don't use the online registries & will only (if they use any of them) use the ones they can go into a physical store for. The only people who have used our Amazon registry in the past have been our out of state family. 99% of my husbands family is in Iowa & we are in California, so we have all got into a habit of making Amazon wish lists for all occasion gifts. They do tend to be the only people that use our online lists.

My shower is tomorrow & I have stayed out of it. Answered questions when asked, but left it all up to my girlfriends & mom.

July 19th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Thanks ladies! The two most important things on the amazon registry are out monitor and combo swing/bouncy chair. Everything else is either smaller items or nursery decor type things, or things we won't need for a while, so I'm just going to not stress over it! We will be able to purchase the necessities off of that registry if we need to. Still a little bummed, because my family and friends are all actually really good about shopping registries and for our wedding we didn't get a lot off of our online registry, but we did get like 5-6 items. Oh well, my close friends and family know, so we'll just see how it goes!

Amber- that's TERRIBLE!!! Way more stressful than my situation. I'm glad your mom calmed you down.

July 19th, 2013, 08:28 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
I am glad you are feeling better about it! I have tried not to worry too much about our shower either. I was a spaz when I had to register because I didn't want to forget anything, but after I finished with that I was ok.

My sister did our invites and shes kinda OCD so they turned out good.

I found out too that not many people bought stuff off Amazon. (I peeked at the registry.. I couldn't help it!) Thankfully I had the majority of important stuff on the babies r us registry.. And whatever we don't get we will just get ourselves later when we need it.

It will all work out!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
July 20th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Super Mommy
If those are the 2 big ticket items you are concerned about, just pick something out from your other 2 registry places so you won't be stuck with a gap and need to purchase the expensive items yourself.

Good luck. It will be fine! I never had a shower and ended up getting most of my big items off my registries as baby gifts when the baby was born. I also got a lot of crap from buy buy baby and babies r us. I returned it and bought the rest of my registry things with the credit.
July 20th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Unfortunately babiesrus doesn't carry the monitor or baby swing I want. It's a swing and bouncer seat combo. Its foot print is the size of a bouncy seat. We are in a small apartment so combo items like that are important to me, so that will have to stay put on the Amazon registry. As for the monitor I could do one on babiesrus instead but they don't have the same one and they are more expensive than the one I like on amazon so it seems silly. But I'll look again and maybe put on there instead to increase the chances of actually getting one thanks again ladies !

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search