Hospital bed rest for pre-term labor

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Hi guys! I haven't posted in this much since I usually check the boards from my phone as a fun thing to browse through to learn more about pregnancy and what to expect. But I thought I would post in here as I am now on hospital bed rest and am actually on a laptop where I can actually post, and I would love to hear some advice if anyone has been in a similar situation!

My due date is September 13 but I woke up early Monday morning at 3 am with painful contractions that were about 1-2 minutes apart. Needless to say we called my doctor's off-hours line right away and were told to go into the hospital. I found out when we got there that I was 3 cm dialated and would need some medication to help develop baby to prepare for a pre-term birth, but also slow down labor to buy some time. They didn't say whether it would be in the next few hours or few days because they did not know, so I was totally freaked out but willing to do anything it would take to help my baby's chances of survival. Just a couple of hours later after contractions did not cease, they checked my cervix again and I was dialated 4.5 cm. They then told me baby would be born within 24 hours and I could ask for an epidural at any time. You can imagine my shock as a FTM who thought she had two more months to go!

Luckily, since then contracted have calmed down a LOT and doctors now say that baby could stay inside for a couple more weeks. So fingers crossed he has more time - at only 32 weeks tomorrow, he is still tiny and I am praying that when he is born he won't need a NICU stay. If he does end up needed the extra support, the hospital we are at is incredible and I know we are in good hands.

So it sounds like I will be here for a while hooked up to labor-stopping meds - anyone have any advice on what to do with my time on bed rest?
July 18th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Heidijens1's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm sorry to head this. I hope baby stays in several more weeks for you.
July 18th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Veteran
No advice, but sorry you're going through this Hopefully your little guy will stay put for several more weeks! You're in the right place!
July 18th, 2013, 03:54 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We share the same due date!
I am sorry your on hospital bed rest. I was on home bedrest last pregnancy and I got a lot of books, magazines, internet and sleep. Cus once baby comes sleep don't come keep baking little one atleast till week 36!!! Make sure they keep you hydrated to
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

July 18th, 2013, 04:01 PM
kaylacaroline's Avatar Veteran
Whoa, that's some heavy stuff. I'm glad you might get a few more weeks of cooking before baby comes.

My friend just delivered her son at 32 weeks and he is doing amazing so far, so there's a positive story for you!

July 18th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
How scary! I'm glad that it looks like the baby should keep baking for another couple of weeks, although I'm sorry you're stuck on bed rest.

Keep us posted! Sending you lots of prayers!

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my fabulous siggie!
July 18th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sending T & Ps ! Glad that baby seems to be staying put for now.

July 18th, 2013, 11:44 PM
TayAnd2Angels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's rough. I hope the baby stays put. Maybe you could learn to knit and make something for the baby?

July 19th, 2013, 06:00 AM
AmbzAsh's Avatar Little Miss Sunshine
Sending positive thoughts and vibes your way! Hope baby stays put for another couple of weeks! I was going to suggest maybe learning to knit and making something for baby but Victory beat me to it Maybe you can start a blog...blogging about being a first time mommy, what your pregnancy has been like and what being on bedrest is like....maybe it will help other mommies in the future that are in the same situation

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search