How lonnng!

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Keakie
  • 3 Post By Keakie
  • 1 Post By Anitha
  • 1 Post By mommy to alexander

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Grlsshp9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How long is this hemorroid supposed to last? I'm so over it, it has been almost a week and its painful, and I want it to go away, It's external too, so it is horrible.

July 18th, 2013, 02:15 PM
beckiethedoula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You'll probably have to manage it until you deliver. Most hemorrhoids during pregnancy are caused by, well, pregnancy. So, you're stuck with them until the baby is out.

July 18th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Unfortunately, that's the truth - they don't usually go away until after you have the baby. In the meantime, there are things that you can do to help manage the discomfort. Have you tried anything?
July 18th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I feel your pain. FWIW, my thrombosed one started easing up on Monday afternoon and today I almost can't notice it anymore. It's still there and () I've had some light bleeding, which I think was actually the clot loosening up, but the pain has gone away. I would keep doing whatever you're doing to manage pain (I was using ointment, witch hazel, sitting in warm water, sitting on ice packs and a lidocaine gel and Tylenol when it was at its worst) and try to lay on your side as much as possible.

I doubt I'm finished with them for good, but I'm enjoying the relief while I can. Last time I got a little over four weeks between flare ups. My mw also recommended Domeboro packets (you put it in the warm water to sit in) for future flare ups and (if you're interested - this is more aimed at healing the blood vessels than it is treating discomfort - it's a homeopathic remedy) called Avenoc. I can't attest to how well either of them work as mine eased up before I could pick them up, but I plan to keep both on hand through the rest of pregnancy.
beckiethedoula likes this.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
July 18th, 2013, 03:37 PM
UGH, I really do not want to deal with this for the remainder of the pregnancy, I am already so uncomfortable! & my mom said it gets worse after delivery because you are straining..I'm scared to even poop, I don't even want to think about the force I will have to use to push a 7 pound baby out. I haven't been using anything for discomfort either, it gets worse when I am at work, when I have to stand up for 4 hours at a time, and all of the pressure, I don't even want to talk about how swollen my legs gets, it's kind of scary.

July 18th, 2013, 03:51 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
mine lasted 2 weeks and it bled. I assume it will return ugh
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

July 18th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
You *could* ask your doctor about removal surgery. If it's thrombosed (has a blood clot/several blood clots in it) they can make an incision and remove the clots (which would still leave the hemmie itself but the clots are a huge part of what make painful ones so painful). You could also have the entire hemmie removed. Personally, after talking to my mw and doing a lot of reading, I don't know that I would bother during pregnancy, especially this close to the end - the procedures themselves are painful and the recovery is also pretty painful, and since the root cause of the hemmies (pregnancy) is still going to be a reality for awhile, it's likely that another will come up in its place and you'll have gone through all of that crap for nothing. That's just me, though.

If you haven't used anything yet, I would start there. It stinks that you're on your feet as much as you are, but FWIW sitting isn't much better (and no one can really be on their side all day long) so it's a bit lose-lose unfortunately. I would try some kind of pain relief for now and see how you're feeling.

I expressed some of the same concerns to my mw (especially about being scared of pushing during labor with them) and she did say that there are ways that she and/or the other mw can use their hands to hold the hemmies during labor to minimize the discomfort from them. I don't know how comfortable you are with your doctor, but he or the nurses might be able to do something similar.

I will say that, in the meantime, I know it's scary, but try not to delay going to the restroom if you have to go. Holding it can actually cause the stool to become harder and because of that, it becomes even more difficult to push out. I take calcium magnesium every night and one of the handy side effects of magnesium is that it's a natural stool softener, but you can pick up OTC stool softeners that might be a little stronger if that's an issue right now too. The quicker you can get on and off the toilet, the better.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
July 18th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Thank you for the advice, very helpful!! (:

July 18th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Kayla has given you some great advice. Make sure you are not constipated even a little bit....hugs. My ankles are starting to swell and I am sitting down all day. Last time the swelling didn't start until I was abt 34 -35 weeks!! Ugh...Hang in there..we are all in the home stretch. It will be ok soon and it will all be worth it.
Grlsshp9 likes this.

July 18th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Veteran
I'm jumping in from the April board, but I had horrible hemorrhoids during my pregnancy. Horrible pain and bleeding, hurt to walk, sit, you name it. I finally asked my Dr if there was anything she could give me because I had tried everything from the store. She prescribed me a suppository that you used at night. It was gone the next morning, but she had me continue using them because I had so many and they were so big. I stopped when they had been gone awhile, but would use one when another would pop up, they were great to have after delivery also.
Grlsshp9 likes this.

July 18th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Alright, ill have to talk to my OB about it. I have an appointment next week.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search