Shortness of breath, fatigue , muscle weekness blah blah :(

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mrspinky
  • 1 Post By Dolly Lama
  • 1 Post By iCathy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
This morning has sucked so far....I feel like an 80 yr old...very short of breath, I have to take deep breaths every couple of minutes...my muscles feel like I just did something physically active (which I have not - I am just sitting here at my desk) and I generally feel fatigued. It was so hard getting ready and coming in to work today. I don't even have much work to do...All I have to do today is sit at my desk & monitor emails. I have my personal lap top here beside my work laptop and I can browse all I want. But all I want to do right now is go home and lay down on my side...I called DH and he asked me to to the same. The thing is, this happened a few days back, but the feeling passed after I came to the office and settled down and relaxed. Today its not going away...and the thing is I don't get paid if I dont clock the hours here Since there isn't much work right now anyway, my boss wont let me 'work' from home. I feel so guilty losing hours...**** being a consultant sucks. They pay me good money but I have no sick time, PTO nothing. I can never take time off without feeling like I am losing money!! Plus I am like I still have 10 weeks to go...if I feel like this now, how the heck am I going to be able to make it work all the way until deliver Just wanted to vent Thanks for reading.

July 19th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Veteran
Sorry you're feeling this way! I had this feeling the other day and I felt like the day dragged on forever!! Something that helped me was just getting up and walking around for a little bit. Visiting coworkers and chatting. It gets you away from thinking about how miserable you are feeling. Also, TGIF so only a few more hours!
Anitha likes this.
July 19th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm dealing with similar things, but don't work FT right now - it's difficult to imagine how hard this must be while working every day.

I don't know about you, but the heat is making everything so much worse - it's been near 100 degrees here and very humid. I was taking the trash out just the other day and got and attack of feeling dizzy, nauseous, and weak just being outside for a few minutes - it was literally hard to breathe.

Maybe breathing will get easier for you when the baby drops...Otherwise hang in there - we're almost at the finish line.
Anitha likes this.
July 19th, 2013, 09:32 AM
iCathy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have days like that too, and I have found that I can tie it back to a salty meal that I had. If I have too much sodium the day before, the next day I wake up feeling dizzy, I have to sit down a lot just to get ready for work, and at work I'm dizzy sitting down, groggy and achy. That may not be the same for you, but I'm really trying to watch my salt intake now, which basically means I can't eat out!
Anitha likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my sweet siggy!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 19th, 2013, 09:36 AM
MamaLaurie's Avatar Veteran
I know how you're feeling, I am dealing with the same. Some days are much, much, worse than others. I really feel for you, I stay home all day. Can't imagine having to get up daily and get ready to go somewhere. On the days that I do, I get completely wiped out! I think baby has dropped some though, because breathing at least has gotten easier. Hope you get feeling better!
July 19th, 2013, 09:46 AM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
I'm sorry you feel so bad. I am having some pretty lousy days too. I am off right now, but I am DREADING when school starts back. I ache all the time and the though of being in a classroom full of preteens makes me want to freak out.

Have you tried drinking a lot of water? I have noticed I am always thirsty and drinking a big glass of ice water does help some. So maybe sodium does have something to do with it.. I should probably watch that too.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
July 19th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thank you ladies for empathizing ladies. I feel better now. I was even able to go out and get lunch to escape the crappy cafeteria fare they have here. The heat was bad but just getting up and walking and taking my mind off it like Mrs Pinky said has helped. Also I went with a coworker and she drove. I am munching on some Fazlois pasta now and so glad I didn't go home and rode through it.

Cathy, that's interesting...I will keep track of what I am eating the previous nights on mornings that I feel this way...

Laurie, I am glad to hear that the baby dropped some for you..there is something I can look forward to!

Kelli, water used to help. That's the first thing I did as soon as I got in this AM - drank a whole glass of water. Today's bout of fatigue was just too much though and it took so long for me to finally feel better. Thank you

July 19th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I definitely know that feeling. Sometimes my muscles just feel exhausted like I've been working out or something (except that I haven't been). When I *do* do something strenuous, it tends to kick my butt too. I scrubbed my kitchen and laundry room floors the other day and my legs are STILL aching from being on my hands and knees for so long. Water does help, but sometimes I just feel so weak.

For me, it's also a sign that I forgot to take my iron supplement .

I'm glad that you're feeling better!

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
July 19th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Veteran
Misery loves company! It seems we're all sore and cranky today! I woke up feeling like someone was electrocuting my back and hips all night. I'm hot, my office chair is uncomfortable, and I have a house full of people coming over this evening. All I want is a hot bath, my bed, and a good book. Oh, and air conditioning!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search