Day at the waterpark turns into an evening in L&D

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bevyvuska

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2013, 11:52 AM
bevyvuska's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to bevyvuska
NO, I didn't do crazy rides or anything! OK Here is what happened.
My brother & I took my son to Boomerang Bay at California's Great America. We hung out in the wave pool & played for about 2 hours. Then DS & I got out to go to the bathroom & then to the lazy river. Well, I was a dork & didn't put my sandals back on to go the bathroom. With the neuropathy in my left leg/foot & ankle I don't have strong muscle control in it. So when I came out of the stall I hit a big puddle of water & my left leg just went right out from under me. I was able to slow myself enough that I didn't hit my belly too hard, but still landed on my belly & hit my chin on the pavement. Split my chin open. :/

So after getting patched up there, we went to the hospital to see about possible stitches. As soon as I tell them I am abt 33 wks pregnant & fell on my belly, they call L&D and I get sent up there pretty much straight away. Everything was going fine, I felt fine, etc. Got into a room, after about 15 mins & just after they got me hooked up to the fetal monitors I started feeling lightheaded, dizzy & cold. Thankfully I was lying in bed because I passed out.
My BP bottomed out. I was out for about 10 mins. Thankfully my Mom had gotten there & was sitting with me & DS when this all happened. So she was able to take him out while they worked on me. Poor guy, he has seen me in pretty rough shape & since my accident 2 years ago becomes a little worry wart & wants to fix it all. I felt bad. Mom said when she took him out that he really wants his brother but REALLY needs his Mommy.

So turned out that I was dehydrated. They got me on IV fluids & oxygen. Thankfully that was all that was wrong. Guess not having my water bottle that day was a huge mistake. Normally I walk around with a 12oz thing of water that I refill constantly. I figured I would drink there & well, I didn't. Big mistake.

Thankfully, Baby Boy & I are both fine. They did an ultrasound & nothing was harmed in the fall. Placenta & fluid looked just fine. I was contracting, even though I couldn't really feel it. Though they weren't productive, no dilation or anything. They did slow down & stopped after they got me re-hydrated.

All is well that ends well I guess.
Made for a bit of an interesting day.

July 19th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What a day! Glad that everything ended up being fine. Water is super important and it is insane how something so simple can cause problems for us pregnant ladies.

*Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!*
July 19th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Veteran
Well, that was certainly an exciting day! Glad both of you are okay! We should start a list of the injuries we've suffered during the third trimester. I bet it'd get interesting!
July 19th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
What a day! I'm glad everything was alright, though, and you and baby are doing well.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
July 19th, 2013, 12:51 PM
manda622's Avatar First Time Mommy-To-Be
So glad you are OK!!! It's nuts how strong of an effect dehydration can have on us (and how much more quickly we can get that way) when we are pregnant.

BFP: 1/31/2013
First OB Visit: 02/19/2013
Dating Ultrasound: 02/20/2013 Got to see the baby move! HB 170!
Level 2 Ultrasound: 4/24/2013 It's a boy! HB 148!

July 19th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What an eventful day you had!! I'm glad that everything turned out okay...its amazing what dehydration can do to us.
July 19th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How scary with first the fall and then the passing out! So glad that everything turned out ok...

July 19th, 2013, 08:14 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
How scary! I am glad it all turned out to be ok. Guess we need more fluids than we think.. maybe that is why I am thirsty ALL the time!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
July 19th, 2013, 10:03 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
aww glad things are ok. stay hydrated mama and out of the water parks! xx
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

July 20th, 2013, 01:05 AM
bevyvuska's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to bevyvuska
Yea, couldn't believe it would hit that fast, since otherwise I am constantly drinking!
So today my cup didn't leave my side. Added Gatorade to the mix as well, just to be on top of things.
Keakie likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search