hospital bag

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rebecca0217

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2013, 09:08 AM
jewelsgurl23's Avatar Abby and Amber's Momma
hey ladies,

hubby reminded me this morning that i should start packing my hospital bag so im not rushing around to get everything. what all are you ladies packing in yours? i used the hospital gown till it was time to go home with my first daughter. it was so much easier then pulling pants off to get checked a million times.

im going to be wearing yoga pants and a tshirt home and my sandals. im also this time going to bring my robe also. i didn't last time. i already have ambers stuff already packed mostly. just have to put wipes and diapers in hers. please tell me im not the only crazy person putting there daughter in a newborn outfit after she comes out? also are you ladies going to use your own pads or the hospitals. i hated the hospital pads but i might just use them again idk yet of that one.

i have to figure out what our 3 year old is going to wear also while we are there. thats going to be a fun job since shes so picky about what she wears. she doesn't even like to wear pjs.

thanks for reading

July 21st, 2013, 10:38 AM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I mentioned in the diaper bag thread that I'm a minimalist. Well for the hospital bag I am NOT, lol. We had a completely unexpected 5 day stay in the hospital last time, and I learned just how realistic "My husband can just run home and grab anything I need" really was! Nope. I am prepared mama this time! Let me go find my list...

For my labor bag:
Binsi skirt
Soft Nursing Bra
Swimsuit Bottoms
Contact Case
Solution & drops
Honey sticks and snacks
Fully charged camera
New memory card
Driver’s License
Insurance Card
Debit card
Credit card
Copies of birth plan
Flip Flops

For the Hospital:
Shampoo and conditioner
Face scrub
Bravado tank
2 ON jersey knit skirts
2 shirts
2 dresses
Cell Phone and charger
Laptop, Charger
Camera charger
Mousse and clips
Toothbrush x2
Breast pads
Going home outfit for baby
Belly bandit
Baby gowns
Baby carrier
For Chris:
2 Changes clothes
Workout Pants (he'll sleep in these probably)
Cell phone

For me, I LIVED in the mesh panties (people either love or hate these) and my comfy jersey knit dresses postpartum for a really long time. Some people prefer to wear hospital stuff the whole time, but I wanted in my clothes the second I could be. I think with how incredibly horrible my recovery was it made me feel a bit more human. I plan to wear the same type of stuff this time. I had a c-section last time and could not handle ANYTHING applying any kid of pressure near my scar. So no pants of any kind for me this time either, just in case.

I use the hospital pads, and will probably put the baby in newborn gowns. They're our preferred newborn clothes, and extremely easy for the nurses to pull up and do what they need to do.

Last edited by Sk8ermaiden; July 21st, 2013 at 10:42 AM.
July 21st, 2013, 01:10 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
i'm a mesh panties fan...no sense in grossing up your own. if you don't like them, definitely buy dark HUGE ones because you have to have something to stuff the giant pads into.

I over packed the first time, this time it will be minimal again. comfy clothes, my pillow, maybe a blanket. we may overpack a smidge and leave things in the car if i need to. none of the hospitals are far but we still haven't figured out which one we're going to deliver at. i also THINK i'm going to send my hubs home with the kids at night. not sure on that one yet. But either way last time the only thing i didn't remember was my shampoo, so not too bad.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
July 21st, 2013, 01:56 PM
I don't think you'll be needing diapers and wipes. The hospital will provide diapers and the usually don't allow you to use wipes
They want you to use a wash cloth instead. Check the policy on changing the baby before you go home some hospitals want the babies in the little tshirts they supply. Bring a few of your own pads but the first day you're going to be bleeding pretty heavy so the huge hospital pads are a must in my opinion

I responded like you were a first time mom, I apologize. I didn't read your post closely enough.
July 21st, 2013, 03:33 PM
jewelsgurl23's Avatar Abby and Amber's Momma
thanks for the replies ladies. now time to get my booty in gear and start the long bag packing process.

July 21st, 2013, 03:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I like packing my own toiletries. The hospital has soap but I like having my own so I go and pick up travel sized versions of shampoo, condition, deodorant, mouth wash, toothpaste, shaving cream and 1 disposable razor. I do this also because sometimes you don't have time to grab anything really and those aren't things I want to do without and I obviously can't pack my everyday stuff and unpack it everytime I need to use it KWIM? This way everything stays in the bag-the only things I have to grab before I leave will be my saline solution and my glasses.
321abc likes this.

*Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!*
July 21st, 2013, 06:54 PM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't packed yet and won't for a bit longer. I'm afraid I'll jinx myself!!

When I had the twins I didn't have a bag ready so I scrambled while in labor!!
stephanie, wife to adam, mommy to rylan, dakota, and baby girl on the way!

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
July 22nd, 2013, 08:19 AM
manda622's Avatar First Time Mommy-To-Be
I haven't packed yet, but I am starting to put together my list, so threads like this are very helpful for a ftm like me! I think we will try to go pretty light.

So far I'm thinking a couple changes of clothes for the hubs, a robe, slippers, night gown (in case I decide to try something other than a the hospital gowns), socks, bras, and going home clothes for me. Toiletries. Camera, sd cards, phones, chargers. Snacks. Newborn gowns (maybe) and going home outfit.

I'm debating whether or not to bring my boppy and whether to bring any entertainment stuff (dvds, cards, laptop, kindle, etc).

BFP: 1/31/2013
First OB Visit: 02/19/2013
Dating Ultrasound: 02/20/2013 Got to see the baby move! HB 170!
Level 2 Ultrasound: 4/24/2013 It's a boy! HB 148!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search