I'm running out of friends who are more pregnant than me!

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dolly Lama
  • 1 Post By beckiethedoula

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2013, 09:41 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
My cousin had her baby yesterday (he showed up exactly on her due date) and it made me realize that my list of friends and family who are further along than me is quickly dwindling. A former co-worker also had her baby within the last week, and another friend of mine had her twins a couple of weeks ago.

I think I'm officially down to one friend who's technically due before me (and there's one other mama in one of my Facebook groups who's due before me, but we're more acquaintances than anything else and she isn't actually on my friends list). Considering that when I got pregnant, I had about 12 miscellaneous friends and family members who were ahead of me, that's kind of terrifying.

I'm really curious to know who'll end up going first in our DDC. I know we have a few mommies with a history of early labor and at least a couple scheduled c-sections for medical reasons, plus a few straddling August/September.

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
July 21st, 2013, 11:45 AM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Well I know I won't be first LOL I am usually close to last.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
July 21st, 2013, 11:47 AM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
Same here! I think I'm next in my group of friends! Lots of deliveries last week...

July 21st, 2013, 12:30 PM
Veteran
Getting scared here! Two months from today is our due date
July 21st, 2013, 01:07 PM
Heidijens1's Avatar Super Mommy
There where a couple of people I know who where due before me, they have already had there babies. Now I have 2 friends of facebook who are due after me but that's all I know who are preggo right now.

I'm pretty sure I wont be first in our DDC in fact sense I am due the last day of Sept and have late babies I'm probably going to be the last one to have their baby!
July 21st, 2013, 01:14 PM
On the other board I go to...Sept had their first birth day before yesterday.
July 21st, 2013, 02:04 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haven't given it much thought, but am the most pregnant woman I know personally know now - Everyone else is in the 3-5 month range.

Hmmm...Who will go first here? I'd love to volunteer, but I am not exactly the best candidate. Someone here had a c-section scheduled in the last week of August (can't remember who now), so maybe it will be her? Then again, maybe not - plenty of you are due in the beginning of Sept, so someone is bound to go a couple of weeks early at least. I'm really looking forward to not having to stalk other DDCs to see the cute baby pics!
iCathy likes this.
July 21st, 2013, 03:20 PM
beckiethedoula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll probably be one of the later ones to go... I hold on to babies forever...
iCathy likes this.

July 21st, 2013, 08:07 PM
AmbzAsh's Avatar Little Miss Sunshine
I'm anxious to see who goes first as well! We're getting down to the wire ladies! Eeeeek! I have this weird feeling that I won't make it to my due date but I won't be super early either....maybe a week early....but we shall see
July 21st, 2013, 09:53 PM
ValyntineG's Avatar Based on a True Story
My official guess is Skye10 since she's due in August and that's the logical answer. But I know from experience that it really could be anyone at this point!

Not me though. I've decided that she's just staying in there until her due date. We took bets at my baby shower this weekend and my mom's guess is August 11th based on (in her words) "How your body looks and how uncomfortable you are."

Are you kidding me, woman?! Granted, she has a point about me being uncomfortable and my body looking as though it's going to give up at any moment. Ah well. I'm still saying she's going to stay put.

claire1979 is my siggy hero

www.etsy.com/shop/68cents
Go there. Buy stuff.

July 22nd, 2013, 07:21 AM
Veteran
My cousins wife is due 5 weeks before me. And another friend is due 6 weeks after me. No one else I know of is pregnant. Most of my friends have had kids already. Since I'm 40 and this is our first kid... Everyone has had them already!
July 22nd, 2013, 09:44 AM
Veteran
I have had 2 friends that had their babies (one in June and one last week!). I have a coworker who's due mid-august. I'm 4 weeks after her, and then another good coworker of mine is due 4 weeks after me! What sometimes freaks me out is that when I go to the JM website and look for our board, we just get lower and lower on the list and more months are being added on top of us!
July 22nd, 2013, 10:50 AM
Veteran
I have one other friend who's pregnant, but she's 37 weeks now. She'll certainly have that baby before I have mine. She better, at least, since I'm only 31.

I'm definitely starting to get nervous about it. My due date is 2 months from tomorrow.
July 22nd, 2013, 12:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd be one of the last in the DDC. But I can't wait until the babies start coming - only when they well baked and ready though

July 22nd, 2013, 12:34 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitha View Post
I'd be one of the last in the DDC. But I can't wait until the babies start coming - only when they well baked and ready though
Your due date the 30th too? Though I have to admit, while my due date is at the end of the month, chances I will deliver at 38/39 weeks is high via a c-section. Mostly due to high blood pressure and high risk pregnancy (will be 41 by then)
July 22nd, 2013, 04:06 PM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
Someone in my Aug DDC voted me last to go in August. I really hope not. I'm due Aug 27th but my midwife and have discussed breaking my water around the 13-20th (38th week).

July 22nd, 2013, 07:23 PM
amyhk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will be early, most likely, but not first as I'm "due" the end of September. I had my son at 37 weeks and this baby is tracking exactly like him, so I'm guessing first week of September for me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search