When to pack bag

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2013, 07:58 AM
321abc
I think I was packed and ready at 30 ish weeks for my first born. I'm now 35 and haven't packed a thing.
When did or when will you ladies be packed?
In fact I haven't even gotten the car seat out of the box!
July 25th, 2013, 08:04 AM
iCathy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't even purchased a car seat yet! I have been so bad at procrastinating!! I did just buy a crib yesterday, and it should be in within a week or so, maybe then it will click that I have a baby coming in less than 2 months!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my sweet siggy!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 25th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hmm....I will probably START packing in a week or two, but just add things as I go. I don't expect to need a bag until after my due date!

July 25th, 2013, 08:24 AM
mommyof2boys0207's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I usually start to pack my bag and baby's around 35/36 weeks
DD- Savannah - June 30th, 2011
DS- Jameson - September 18th, 2013
July 25th, 2013, 08:27 AM
MamaLaurie's Avatar Veteran
I don't think I will pack a bag until a couple weeks before I'm due. I usually go very close to my due date, so I won't be in too big of a rush to pack stuff. I really should start locating all the baby things we've packed away around the house, though. I completely forgot about a car seat!! We got a brand new one with our last and I have absolutely no idea where it even is. I should get on that soon!
July 25th, 2013, 09:42 AM
CARLACB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have packed the babies items, 2 outfits for me, some lotion and that's about it. The hospital provides everything else that will be needed like pads and such. I will just have to throw in the laptop and cell phone charger.

Blended Family of 5 and 1 on the way.
Makhari 6
Maleaha 5
Coty, Jr 7
July 25th, 2013, 09:46 AM
AIK112018's Avatar Elizabeth
I packed the diaper bag (just baby clothes) around 27 weeks i think?
I dont even have a carseat yet...
July 25th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have everything packed for baby. Don't have clothes for me going home yet and there are a few things I can't packuntil last minute-like saline solution, glasses and camera. But if baby came today I would be ready.

* Thank you Kiliki for my adorable siggy!*
July 25th, 2013, 10:08 AM
manda622's Avatar First Time Mommy-To-Be
I've made a packing list, but that's as far as I've gotten. I still need a lot of things on the list, and I'm waiting for my shower for most of it (shower isn't until 8/24) so I will probably get what I have on hand packed in the next week or so and have the rest packed by 8/26 (plan is to go shopping day after the shower for anything we didn't get that we'll need right away). I'll be just over 36 weeks at that point, hopefully that'll be soon enough!

BFP: 1/31/2013
First OB Visit: 02/19/2013
Dating Ultrasound: 02/20/2013 Got to see the baby move! HB 170!
Level 2 Ultrasound: 4/24/2013 It's a boy! HB 148!

July 25th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Grlsshp9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll wait until I am 37 weeks to pack a bag..

July 25th, 2013, 10:59 AM
321abc
I went ahead and packed baby's bag today. Just going home outfit, an extra onesie, socks, mittens, a cute hat and a pink blanket. The hospital provides diapers. I threw in some sensitive wipes but the hospital frowns upon wipes.
I still need to buy myself some granny panties and pads. I don't like the hospital kind. I want to be ready by 36 weeks just in case.
July 25th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would suggest bringing at least 1 back up outfit for baby-I had an outfit for DD that was the one I wanted pictures taken in and the nurses were checking her and changing her and for some reason the nurse was taking forever to put the diaper back on her so the baby ended up peeing all over the outfit. I was so irritated. So yeah, I would plan on having extra tee shirts especially because they do pee and spit up and can dirty a couple outfits in no time!!

* Thank you Kiliki for my adorable siggy!*
July 25th, 2013, 11:21 AM
321abc
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca0217 View Post
I would suggest bringing at least 1 back up outfit for baby-I had an outfit for DD that was the one I wanted pictures taken in and the nurses were checking her and changing her and for some reason the nurse was taking forever to put the diaper back on her so the baby ended up peeing all over the outfit. I was so irritated. So yeah, I would plan on having extra tee shirts especially because they do pee and spit up and can dirty a couple outfits in no time!!
The hospital I deliver at makes you leave them in the clothes they provide until right before its time to go home. But I did throw an extra onesie in there!
July 25th, 2013, 11:49 AM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I packed half my bag. Just need to pack my brush, tooth brush, charger, money, change of under wear, socks and maybe a top. since I am unsure on what bottoms, I will wear back what I had on.
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

July 25th, 2013, 11:55 AM
beckiethedoula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll pack a "in case of transfer" bag at 36 weeks when my midwife drops off the birth supplies. I'm 99% sure this baby isn't coming until at least 41 weeks, but better safe than sorry! (And if I should, for some random reason, go before 37 weeks it would be straight to the hospital for me, making that bag super necessary...)
321abc likes this.

July 25th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Super Mommy
I packed my bag with DS at 35 weeks...right after my dr. told me I was in early labour....this baby is likely coming early as well so I started packing my bag and the baby's bag this week (34 weeks). I just need to throw in stuff like toothbrush, phone charger etc.
July 27th, 2013, 12:29 AM
TayAnd2Angels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll be packing my bag in the next week or so.

July 27th, 2013, 02:43 AM
Veteran
I dont need to pack a bag for the baby, the hospital here provides everything as well as a packed bag to take home with.(filled with samples of everything I will need to take care of him) I just will have hubby bring 2 outfits with him when I check out for the baby. As for myself.... almost 32 weeks and I know what I want in the bag, I just haven't packed it yet. I am doing well so far and haven't had any problems, so figure I can wait till 37ish weeks to pack it. My next appointment is a 32 weeks so we will see how things are going from there.
July 28th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't even finished shopping yet haha!! I will probably pack my bag around 35 weeks only because two of my babies came in the 36th week (not gonna lie - I am kinda hoping the same for this one lol).

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
July 28th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I haven't even thought about it yet. I probably should. I don't know that I'll need to pack a ton of stuff (I'm delivering at a birth center, not a hospital, so I shouldn't be there for very long). Maybe I'll make a list this weekend.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search