I absolutely HATE pregnancy hormones! *rant*

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By manda622
  • 3 Post By littlecatlady
  • 1 Post By AmbzAsh
  • 1 Post By Keakie
  • 1 Post By kimberlyw

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2013, 01:42 AM
Badass
First of all, I have suffered from many years of anger issues (think it was caused by my father and step father abusing me as a child) and so my temper has never really been too easy to deal with, let alone with these **** hormones. However I thought I was doing pretty good, just getting annoyed and giving my partner the silent treatment instead of punching things (I have broken my knuckle 3 times in the past by punching walls >.<) during this... Interesting time of my life.

NOPE!

Tonight me and my partner were watching American Ninja Warriors and ended up having an argument about the course and whether they were tested first to make sure people could actually do them or not (I was right, not him) and he just kept pushing my buttons and flatly refusing to give in or accept that he was wrong. Now, throwing things just is NOT something I do but not only did I slam my phone on the couch while asking him to stop winding me up (obviously he didn't) I sort of had a dumb moment and grabbed my cup of coca~cola and threw it all over the ground in anger... I spent 7 hours cleaning the house today getting it PERFECT just to ruin it by spazzing out! He pretty much wet himself with laughter over it and I haven't been so upset about something in a long time... He knows what my temper is like and winds me up like this every now and again but it is me who is always left feeling useless for losing control again.

I hate this, please be September already I just want to cuddle my baby and calm down... My partner simply went to his room to play games and said I was being a cry-baby :'(

Anyone else have any interesting stories about how they reacted over the top to something during pregnancy? Please say I'm not the only one!
July 26th, 2013, 05:38 AM
manda622's Avatar First Time Mommy-To-Be
I've had some very strong emotional reactions to things that shouldn't have gotten me so wound up. I also have a bit of a temper.

I went to my dads a few weeks ago to prep cloth diapers when they were away, and I couldn't get the washer to "work" and after hours finally realized they didn't have hot water hooked up. It's not like they intentionally didn't tell me that- they probably just didn't think of it. But, I had a total preggo meltdown. Like I was crying and yelling at the washer. Luckily no one was home to witness the ridiculous scene!
AshleighR likes this.

BFP: 1/31/2013
First OB Visit: 02/19/2013
Dating Ultrasound: 02/20/2013 Got to see the baby move! HB 170!
Level 2 Ultrasound: 4/24/2013 It's a boy! HB 148!

July 26th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Veteran
My hubby was pushing my buttons in the grocery store awhile back, I told him to **** off, he thought I was playing around so he didn't, so I ended up hitting him with a cucumber at the checkout.
July 26th, 2013, 08:09 AM
AmbzAsh's Avatar Little Miss Sunshine
I've been having a massive meltdown all morning. I've actually been unable to see patients because I've been crying all morning. I'm just sick of being hormonal all the time. My relationship with my bf isn't the best right now and it's seriously stressing me out. He is so lazy and I am left to do most things by myself. I'm tired, getting fatter by the day and feel so alone a lot of the time. The only thing keeping me going is the little kicks I feel all day, every day. He constantly reminds me that I am never alone
AshleighR likes this.
July 26th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I've been doing alright lately, but I couldn't read without sending big hugs to all of you. I'm so sorry that the hormones are kicking the crap out of some of you and hope you feel better soon! We're almost there, ladies!
AshleighR likes this.

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
July 26th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Badass
Okay that cheered me up quite a bit thank you all! It's just so hard at the moment trying to sort everything out and males do NOT help with hormonal issues (wish THEY could carry babies around for 9 months, see how much they like it).
July 27th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Veteran
I've told DH that I wish I could give her to him if only for a couple of hours just to feel my normal body for a bit.
It was actually pretty funny when we took our cat to the vet the other day. She is 16 lbs (even on reduced calorie vet food), and we were in a rush to take her in. I had to park down the street so we were rushing along and he was panting and groaning about how difficult it was to carry the extra weight and rush around at the same time. I glared at him and had the biggest smile on my face that I think I ever had in my life and said "I understand dear!"
July 27th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Badass
Hahahaha oh man that is funny! My partner AND best friend were complaining about their achy backs yesterday because they had been sitting on the floor playing scrabble for too long, I just sat there and glared at them because I'm at the point of needing a bit of a hand to get up off my couch (I swear it just swallows me up now a days) and don't even get me started on sore backs XD
July 30th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Veteran
@Amber,

I'm with you. I end up doing most things by myself, or I get a friend to come help. DH just isn't interested in helping me get things ready. Or in helping me clean the house. Or in picking up after himself. Or in much at all, really, other than work, drinking with his buddies and watching tv. It's really starting to make me crazy. And kind of scared.

I just have to hope that everything will calm back down when the baby gets here.
July 30th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I do find myself more impatient and easily frustrated as well as very emotional. I went and saw Grown Ups 2 and cried at the end. Seriously. I won't ruin it for anyone planning on seeing it-there was nothing to be sad about at all. But I still teared up and even did so again when telling the story to my Mom later that evening!
DH likes to irritate me and most of the time he is really good at telling where the line is and when he needs to stop...I find that it does not take much or long for him to find it nowadays!

*Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!*
July 30th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I cried last weekend watching The Croods with my kids haha! So crazy!

Saturday night I had a nightmare that DH confessed to me that he had been cheating on me and gave me an STD. He said he had picked up the meds for me to take and when I read the bottle it said "Do not take if pregnant - may cause severe birth defects". I was so upset in my dream - screaming at him and crying.

I woke up to him trying to get frisky with me - I shot straight up in bed and just glared at him. I told him about my dream, and that I was just too upset from it to want to do anything with him. He pretty much called me crazy for that one hahaha! I was so disturbed by that dream all morning, luckily though he had his way with my that night

My dreams/moods/hormones have been SO intense this pregnancy....
AshleighR likes this.

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
July 30th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Badass
I cried during The Croods as well, my partner couldn't believe it!

As for the crazy hormonal dreams I can definitely relate! Yesterday morning my partner got up for work without giving me a kiss goodbye (I usually go back to sleep for an hour or two) and I was screaming and crying about how our relationship must be over because he has given me a kiss EVERY morning before going to work since we got together and then... I woke up to him kissing me goodbye. I actually burst into tears and almost made him late for work because I was so scared that if I let go he wouldn't come home haha, he found it funny at least.

Also, my partner has been given the cold shoulder a few times after I've had a dream that he's cheated on me, poor guy doesn't seem to understand that even though nothing obviously happened it still puts us out of the mood!!
July 30th, 2013, 07:11 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
I know its not funny, but I can relate to a lot of what you guys said.

I will cry over something that is so stupid. Like having to take the dogs out to potty at bed time.. or DH not helping me decorate the baby's room.

If I hear a pretty song I cry.

So I am ready to be normal again.. or not as MUCH of a sap. Hehe.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
July 30th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Badass
I keep hearing horror stories of it sticking around a while after giving birth D:

My friend gave birth to her amazingly beautiful daughter last year and it wasn't until recently where she stopped crying practically every time she look at her because she couldn't believe she made such a beautiful baby haha.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search