If one more person...

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 5 Post By ValyntineG
  • 1 Post By MamaLaurie
  • 1 Post By kimberlyw
  • 1 Post By mommy2lilmen
  • 1 Post By amyhk
  • 1 Post By mommyof4plus

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Super Mommy
Holy cow!

all weekend people kept asking me " so, how much longer" expecting me to say 1 or 2 more weeks since I am HUGE.

When i tell them 2 months, their face goes blank and they don't know what to say. I try and joke and say, "yeah I know. i'm huge I make big babies". Then they back pedal and try and cover up and tell me my body looks greta, just a belly, or wow, really the whole summer to go, or haha, big baby.

it is driving me insane.
July 29th, 2013, 09:14 AM
ValyntineG's Avatar Based on a True Story
I get the same thing and it's making me crazy flakes. People will go so far as to tell me "Are you sure there's just ONE baby in there?" "I don't think you'll make it to September!"

Or my personal favorite:

"Are you SURE you're due in September?"

What the **** do you mean, am I SURE? I'm ******* 30. I can do ******* math. At the very least, I can count to 9. So go **** yourself. Hard.

claire1979 is my siggy hero

www.etsy.com/shop/68cents
Go there. Buy stuff.

July 29th, 2013, 09:26 AM
MamaLaurie's Avatar Veteran
I've been getting this too. My MIL says no way will I possibly go over my due date because I am so HUGE! I am really, REALLY, trying to let comments like this and others roll off my back. It can be really annoying. I also get comments from people who think I look great, so I dunno what to think really. Whatever, I am what I am, can't do a thing about it anyway. Except maybe punch a few people in the face, that would feel real good!!!!!!
stacyag likes this.
July 29th, 2013, 09:28 AM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacyag View Post
Holy cow!

all weekend people kept asking me " so, how much longer" expecting me to say 1 or 2 more weeks since I am HUGE.

When i tell them 2 months, their face goes blank and they don't know what to say. I try and joke and say, "yeah I know. i'm huge I make big babies". Then they back pedal and try and cover up and tell me my body looks greta, just a belly, or wow, really the whole summer to go, or haha, big baby.

it is driving me insane.
I am dealing with the same thing. It's so frustrating!!!! they look at you like your some kind of freak!!! I just want to lock myself in the house and not come out until I deliver. HUGS to you!!! I sympathize

July 29th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You aren't alone - I'm getting it too. As a matter of fact, I've been getting it for a few months now, but this confuses me. Anyone can see that I'm pregnant, and I've chunked up a bit all over, but my belly isn't really all that big for as far along as I am. I think that many people don't realize what we are supposed to look like (especially that this comes in a variety of shapes and sizes), and the fact that sometimes it's better to not make comments like these...It all boils down to a combination of ignorance and a lack of manners. Fortunately we won't have to deal with it too much longer.
July 29th, 2013, 10:21 AM
321abc
People are saying the same things to me :/ and my belly is actually measuring a week behind! (Baby is ahead though)
I'm more self conscious about it this time because I'm projecting to gain more than 25 lbs this time and I'm sure it won't melt away like it did my last pregnancy.
I am really small framed. I only weigh 115-120 not pregnant so my belly probably does look huge. It even irritates me when people say "you're all baby" ugh hormones. My baby doesn't weigh 20lbs lol
July 29th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am getting the same kinds of comments/looks I just keep laughing it off and blaming it on the fact that it is my sixth so my uterus is all stretched out haha! Oh well - people will forever be making stupid comments....
MamaLaurie likes this.

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
July 29th, 2013, 03:10 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get that all to then I get the wow your smaller than the boys were.

I also get these unsolicited advice , little do they realize this is NOT my first child, my FIRST girl yes NOT first child.Then I mention the amount of kids I have. I get the blank look to lol and its like uhhhh hello. I didn't just grow another head did I? then they ask, no really?? ya, no its not true I just pulled a random number off the top of my head. "oh did you keep trying for a girl. " no actually we stopped "trying" for a girl cus it was selfish and we let nature take its course. Ugh I want to just shut them up. Then if I felt comfy and told them Alyssa will be a child with DS they either say nothing, change subject, or again try to give unsolicited advice and reassure me of things. I don't need that, I didn't mention anything to get reassurance on her.

Sorry but I get more than the belly thing and I just wanna ....
AshleighR likes this.
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

July 29th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolly Lama View Post
You aren't alone - I'm getting it too. As a matter of fact, I've been getting it for a few months now, but this confuses me. Anyone can see that I'm pregnant, and I've chunked up a bit all over, but my belly isn't really all that big for as far along as I am. I think that many people don't realize what we are supposed to look like (especially that this comes in a variety of shapes and sizes), and the fact that sometimes it's better to not make comments like these...It all boils down to a combination of ignorance and a lack of manners. Fortunately we won't have to deal with it too much longer.
I have had some of people doing this too- saying wow, it won't be long now, as I think well... it is still a bit off. But I quoted Dolly because based off something that happened at my DH's work, I think she is right and it has a lot more to do with other people not having a clue.

A woman there is a month or two behind me, and my DH's coworker said, "She is huge, do you think she is carrying twins," and my DH looked at her, and saw she actually only had a small bump at this point (since he has me as a frame of reference), and told his coworker that she wasn't actually that big.

So yeah, I think laypeople don't have a clue AND I bet most pregnancy models are not 8-9 months along, making people think that what they see in ads is what a pregnant person looks like, and anything bigger must be really close to due.

July 29th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Super Mommy
I wish it was lay people. It's fellow moms. One even said " oh, my daughter is due next week and you are way bigger"

At least we are all dealing with idiots!
July 29th, 2013, 05:20 PM
amyhk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I too get blank stares when I tell people that not only am I due in September, I'm due at the END of September. Everyone is assuming my DD is in August and it can't be much more time now. Um, yes... I'm only 31 weeks. I still have quite a bit to go.
iCathy likes this.

July 29th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Veteran
All of my friends have not said a word! The only tedious comment I received was from my obnoxious neighbour. I'm sorry that you ladies are dealing with such ignorant people!
July 29th, 2013, 08:31 PM
iCathy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyhk View Post
I too get blank stares when I tell people that not only am I due in September, I'm due at the END of September. Everyone is assuming my DD is in August and it can't be much more time now. Um, yes... I'm only 31 weeks. I still have quite a bit to go.
^^^^This exactly. And if I say "she may even be an Oct baby" they don't know what to say but " wow"

Thank you *Kiliki* for my sweet siggy!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 29th, 2013, 09:11 PM
ValyntineG's Avatar Based on a True Story
I honestly think that people just forget or have no idea what a true "full term" baby belly looks like. Some of which is probably due to the fact that women that pregnant rarely leave the house. I went to visit a girlfriend during her 36th week of pregnancy last year and was kind of shocked at how big she looked. To me, she looked WAY done... but in reality she had another month. Then when I was in my 38th week with Sebastian, I was like "Oh yeah. THIS is what that looks like. Awesome."

claire1979 is my siggy hero

www.etsy.com/shop/68cents
Go there. Buy stuff.

July 29th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Super Mommy
Im getting those comments a lot too.... and its driving me nuts!!! I actually had a stranger say, "I cant imagine you getting any bigger!" Go screw yourself!

*Thanks so much Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!*
06/12 11/12

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 30th, 2013, 03:09 AM
mommyof4plus's Avatar Veteran
I'm actually having the opposite problem. At work there's another girl due the day after me, and she does look huge.. I love her belly and am envious, and when some people find out I'm pregnant they are like "really, I didn't know you're pregnant". My belly isn't as big with this one as it was with my others, and although I'm glad I'm not as uncomfortable with only a month left to go, it worries me a little and I'd rather it be obvious I'm pregnant rather than looking fat. I think when I'm wearing maternity cloths it's a lot more obvious though, I think it has a lot to do with what you wear.
AshleighR likes this.
July 30th, 2013, 07:01 AM
manda622's Avatar First Time Mommy-To-Be
Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm getting sooooo much of this, and I swear I'm going to punch someone. Are you sure there aren't twins in there???? Um yeah, I'm sure. Thanks. How big is that baby!??!! UGH. So much hate. lol

BFP: 1/31/2013
First OB Visit: 02/19/2013
Dating Ultrasound: 02/20/2013 Got to see the baby move! HB 170!
Level 2 Ultrasound: 4/24/2013 It's a boy! HB 148!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search