Where is everyone?

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree19Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Heidijens1's Avatar Super Mommy
Sorry, I need to post more just 4 kids + summer= crazy around here.
July 29th, 2013, 08:25 PM
iCathy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm here too, and hate to say it, but a FB group would be soooo much easier! We still have our JM Sept 09 group going full force on FB. But I know a lot of ladies are against it. I will try to post more here!
Babybear4 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my sweet siggy!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 29th, 2013, 09:12 PM
ValyntineG's Avatar Based on a True Story
BAH I would post in a facebook group all the time. So much easier LOL.
Babybear4 likes this.

claire1979 is my siggy hero

www.etsy.com/shop/68cents
Go there. Buy stuff.

July 29th, 2013, 09:21 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
^ ditto! I would do a FB group too! Would be easier on my phone for just a quick update.

I would still post here too of course.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
July 29th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've read that September is the month of the year that has the least birthdays. So maybe that's why. I guess December is too crazy and hectic for people to try to get preggo. Not us though! We did it six days in a row to make sure! !!
stacyag, TayAnd2Angels and amyhk like this.
July 29th, 2013, 11:23 PM
TayAnd2Angels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In one of my previous DDCs the hosts would post a QOTD. I know we used to do it in here too. It's a quick and easy way for everyone to participate.

July 30th, 2013, 04:22 AM
Badass
I try to comment where I can, but I can't really put my two cents in on a lot of issues as I've never come across them before being a first timer. I'm usually a lot more informative but my area of expertise has ALWAYS been early pregnancy, the rest of it I've just been winging!

But I must admit I've noticed a lot more rant posts recently, not that I'm complaining considering I think we can ALL agree that some days are too much and when we are all at around the same level of uncomfortable it can be reassuring knowing you aren't in it completely alone. Hopefully though we will notice an increase in happy posts soon once the little ones start to arrive!! And then that will quickly turn to tired mommies who want nothing more then to sleep

As for the Facebook idea, I'd be very interested! I find it a LOT easier to do that then come on here where everything loads quite slowly.
July 30th, 2013, 05:31 AM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
Usually the hesitation with a FB group is inactivity but since we're already a pretty calm board, I kind of agree! I'm here but there's not a lot to post on and lately I'm too much of a bum to start threads!

July 30th, 2013, 05:50 AM
AmbzAsh's Avatar Little Miss Sunshine
I would post in a FB group too! It's easier to access from my phone!
July 30th, 2013, 06:36 AM
manda622's Avatar First Time Mommy-To-Be
I'm a total lurker a lot of the time- I'm on the board at least a few times a day to check posts, but usually from my phone and like others have said- it's a PITA to post from your phone. I log in from a PC at least once a day (other than weekends) usually to respond to posts, but it's all in a cluster and I definitely miss things!

BFP: 1/31/2013
First OB Visit: 02/19/2013
Dating Ultrasound: 02/20/2013 Got to see the baby move! HB 170!
Level 2 Ultrasound: 4/24/2013 It's a boy! HB 148!

July 30th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
DDCs pretty much die when a Facebook group is created. Personally, I like the message board format and know that not all of our members have Facebook/would be comfortable using their Facebook with their real name, location, etc. I certainly can't force anyone to post here, though, or not to make a FB group.
MoreThanEnough and manda622 like this.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
July 30th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
DDCs pretty much die when a Facebook group is created. Personally, I like the message board format and know that not all of our members have Facebook/would be comfortable using their Facebook with their real name, location, etc. I certainly can't force anyone to post here, though, or not to make a FB group.
I'm not a fan of FB, but would create a page just to participate if that's what everyone wanted to do.
July 30th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I normally get on here daily except for on the weekends, but since DH has stopped logging he is home and on the office computer more. Also we had a super busy weekend getting stuff done in our yard.

I think FB is easier for most people, but it is true that the DDC on JM will suffer. It happened with my DDC for Oct 2011. It got REALLY slow here on JM and eventually ppl kinda forgot about it.

*Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!*
July 30th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't post a whole lot mostly because, like Beckie, I am a grumpy, tired pregnant lady. I get on here with every intention to respond and then I just get blah and don't want to type.

I am usually not one to suggest a FB group because I feel like it KILLS DDC's but this one is already pretty dead so I definitely wouldn't be opposed to it. And it would be a lot easier to copy and paste my updates from my FB groups.
MyFantasticFour likes this.

July 31st, 2013, 06:16 AM
AIK112018's Avatar Elizabeth
I am here! Hopefully I will be posting a lot more as I have internet now...
stacyag likes this.
July 31st, 2013, 06:32 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Well, I'm just here to keep things active and enjoyable for our members on JM. I'm certainly not in charge of anyone, and it seems like I'm the only one who prefers the board. If I'm failing to keep it active and enjoyable to come post on anyway... I'll see what I can do.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!

Last edited by Keakie; July 31st, 2013 at 06:38 AM.
July 31st, 2013, 08:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I like the forum too! Sometimes on FB things get overwhelming and I lose track of certain posts and stuff.

Plus-I love getting to see my siggy and tickers

*Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!*
July 31st, 2013, 10:46 AM
Super Mommy
I like the message board forum.

As someone else pointed out, posts gets lots of reads but not many responses. I know everyone is busy ( myself incuded) but we are here for a support group for one another. If someone posts and no one responds, it really isn't a support group and discourages your from posting again...which turns into a cycle of no activity.

Plus some of our mommies are more active in other DDC's.... just saying

We are mostly at the home stretch here!!

babies are gonna start popping out soon and we will all be excited!

Let's try not to forget about us mom's due later in the month..... don't get too busy with your new LO
July 31st, 2013, 04:50 PM
bevyvuska's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to bevyvuska
I am around. I try to post when I can. Personally I think a FB thing would be great, especially after babies arrive. I have had it bork here and erase a long post I had created & then just never re-did it.

July 31st, 2013, 05:09 PM
Badass
I don't think we are doing too bad when it comes to activity, maybe the others just have more to say? I do like the idea of a question of the day though

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search