Traveling late in pregnancy...

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kimberlyw

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So I guess next week we will be traveling to Florida to pick up the boys from our parents It will be a 12 hr drive for us, and roughly about the same for them. We are meeting halfway and going to spend a couple days together in FL before heading back home. It will be a nice little minication before school/baby. I have never traveled this late in pregnancy so I am just hoping it will be an incident free trip!

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
July 29th, 2013, 12:44 PM
321abc
I'm assuming you spoke to your doctor/midwife about it?
I just traveled 4.5 hours away for 5 days and I ended up staying te night in the hospital when we got home. Drink extra water and rest.
July 29th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
After spending a night in L&D myself recently, I'll second the idea of resting and drinking lots of water. Enjoy your trip!
July 29th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Good luck! Last month, between driving for work-related reasons, to pick up and drop off my stepkiddos and going on vacation and coming back home, we clocked about 85 hours in the car for July. I had some minor swelling in my feet after some of the longer drives but otherwise held up okay. My midwife sent me with a copy of my prenatal care records just in case, but I didn't need them (thankfully). Drink lots of water and take lots of breaks! I am glad that they're meeting you halfway.

Have fun!

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
July 29th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Super Mommy
We just came back from a 5 hr trip. The way there we stopped every 1.5 hours to walk and pee.

Way back we stopped 1time and I was a bit swollen. Sat with my feet up on the dash as long as u stop to walk u should be fine! Have fun!
July 29th, 2013, 09:47 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
I agree.. just take plenty of breaks! We are going to Austin (around 4 hours away) this weekend.

I have a doc app. tomorrow so I am going to ask the doc just in case.

Have fun in FL!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
July 30th, 2013, 07:02 AM
manda622's Avatar First Time Mommy-To-Be
Take lots of breaks and drink lots and lots of water. Also, maybe bring a copy of you medical records, just in case?

BFP: 1/31/2013
First OB Visit: 02/19/2013
Dating Ultrasound: 02/20/2013 Got to see the baby move! HB 170!
Level 2 Ultrasound: 4/24/2013 It's a boy! HB 148!

July 30th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay so now I am a bit peeved. I called the MW's office to let her know about my travel plans (even though the paperwork says you only need your MW's permission if you are flying past 34 weeks), and they told me that she was furloughed. WTH. She is no longer seeing patients for appointments and is only doing deliveries on L&D a couple days a week. My next appt is with someone I have never even met on 8/14. So I didn't even bother saying anything about my travel plans. We plan on stopping every hour and half or so (we will have to anyway with as often as I have to pee and traveling with a 3yo and 4yo haha)- I will have plenty of breaks to walk around I will definitely make sure I drink enough too.

At our midwife clinic they have this thing called "passport to pregnancy" *insert eye roll here*, so it has all my pertinent medical information pertaining to pregnancy in it. I have it with me at all times in my purse -mostly so I don't have to worry about forgetting to bring it in for appts haha! Anyway, that is what you have to bring to L&D when you go into labor so I think it should suffice.

On another note, I caught my kids' stomach virus from last week and haven't been able to keep anything down since I woke up. Nothing from the other end yet thankfully. This is the third or fourth stomach virus we have caught since Christmas - craziness! I am hoping to be feeling better by this afternoon...
321abc likes this.

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
August 1st, 2013, 06:51 AM
Veteran
I just traveled 10 hours to New Orleans last week for my brothers wedding and make the drive from Maryland to FL and back twice a month. It's really not that bad. Enjoy your trip!
DS ~ October 2007

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search