ugggg the misery of BH and pre-labour

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By SaraSara
  • 1 Post By SaraSara
  • 1 Post By SaraSara

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Super Mommy
Ugggg the Braxton hicks I've been having lately are KILLING ME....

I had the same with DS, crazy, intense regular contractions for like 2 weeks before he was born..it totally sucked. In fact, I was told 10 days before he was born that I was likely in early labour and would probably deliver in a day or two...10 days of contracting later..he was born.

Last night they were so painful, I didn't sleep so today I feel like crap. My stomach/uterine muscles actually hurt from the "workout" they got.

It wouldn't be so bad if I knew it was because I was actually in labour...but the worst is knowing that it could go one for days and days and days.

To make it worse, I am pretty sure this baby is upside down and the pain in my lower, lower back/butt area is AWFULLL. I have zero appetite and no energy

I just want to waiting to be over. My OB told me last week that I was likely going early, as in the next couple weeks. I just want to go into labour so the uncertainty is over and I know I don't have to deal with these nasty contractions everyday anymore.

Rant over!
mommyof4plus likes this.
July 29th, 2013, 05:45 PM
mommyof2boys0207's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry your having sooo much pain ((hugs)). How many weeks are you for your Dr to say you'll probably go in the next couple of weeks?
DD- Savannah - June 30th, 2011
DS- Jameson - September 18th, 2013
July 29th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Super Mommy
I am 35 weeks...DS was born at 36 weeks.
July 29th, 2013, 06:05 PM
mommyof2boys0207's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh okay..I hope LO stays put until at least 37 weeks
DD- Savannah - June 30th, 2011
DS- Jameson - September 18th, 2013
July 30th, 2013, 07:00 AM
321abc
I've been having the same. I'm 35 weeks 3 days.
I'm wondering how worried I need to be about the contractions? Would it be awful if I let them go too long and ended up too progressed to stop the labor? I want baby to be healthy but I'm getting tired of hurting
July 30th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by skye10 View Post
I've been having the same. I'm 35 weeks 3 days.
I'm wondering how worried I need to be about the contractions? Would it be awful if I let them go too long and ended up too progressed to stop the labor? I want baby to be healthy but I'm getting tired of hurting
meee tooo!!!

So with DS, they told me to come in to L&D if my contractions ever got regular, even if they were only like 8-10 min apart if I was before 37 weeks. With that being said, If I followed that advice, I'd have been going in everyday to be checked for almost 2 weeks as every day they would build up to about 8 min apart...so I ignored the advice. When I went into real labour it was SO MUCH MORE PAINFUL then the BH.

For me, they are usually worse at night so my rule is if they don't go away during the night or get worse or closer then 8 min I will go in.

I think pay attention to trends, if you notice them coming frequently, start timing.

A baby at 35 weeks is usually very healthy. Occasionally, they have minor breathing difficulties BUT if you go into labour now, I don't think they would stop it. At least, that is what my dr. told me.
321abc likes this.
July 30th, 2013, 10:43 AM
321abc
My doc doesn't usually stop after 34 weeks unless he catches it early enough. I think she will stay in for a couple of more weeks.
July 30th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Super Mommy
That's good to here. My Dr. thinks this baby is coming anytime...I m basically right on track from when DS was born in terms of "indications of impending labour"
321abc likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search