~ September 2013 DDC MOTW: Tayand2Angels ~

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Keakie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith

Please welcome our next MOTW, Tayand2Angels!

Name? Victory

Where are you from? Fresno, CA

How many weeks along are you now? 34 weeks, 5 days

Team blue, pink or green? Blue!

Tell us 3 things that we might not have already known about you! (Fun facts, interests, hobbies, etc.)

I once kissed DH for 6 hours in a kissing contest. We were trying to win tickets to an Eminem concert.

I used to be obsessed with Rascal Flatts, and I tried out for the video for their song "Summer Nights". Don't judge me for not getting it... I was only 3 months PP from having Taylee.

I am an English teacher, and I despise the Twilight series.

Some pics of me:

DH and I when we got married in 2006:

Me when I was a little girl:

Our maternity photos:

And here is me at 34 weeks on our trip to Shasta last week. Fat guy in a little coat!

Anitha and manda622 like this.

*Excitedly expecting baby girl number two!*

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!

Last edited by Keakie; July 29th, 2013 at 08:24 PM.
July 29th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Love the pictures!

So... did you win the tickets to the Eminem concert?

Have you always lived in CA? What about dh?

How did you and your dh meet?

*Excitedly expecting baby girl number two!*

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
July 29th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Veteran
Nice pics!
I definitely want to know whether you won the contest!
What do you and your DH do for work?
What hobbies do you have?
Have you traveled much? If so, where have you been?
July 29th, 2013, 08:48 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
6 hours?? OMG.. haha. I'm curious too.. did you win??

Cute pictures.. wish I could wear a swimsuit in public!

* I see you hate the Twilight series.. I will admit. I read them all.. twice. I HATED the movies. Kristen Stewart sucks. Books are always better anyways. So what books do you recommend as an English teacher?? I love to read

* Any pets??

* If you could meet any author (past/present) who would it be and why?

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
July 29th, 2013, 10:20 PM
ValyntineG's Avatar Based on a True Story
Your pictures are so cute! Props on the 6 hour make out session. That's hardcore.

Also props on hating Twilight. Granted, I read them. A couple times. But they were the worst books ever.

On to some questions:

1. I currently have, in my possession, I full head mask that looks like a unicorn. It is simultaneously the most awesome and the stupidest thing I have ever seen. So, if I paid you 1,000 bucks, would you wear this mask to the following events?

- A wedding
- A funeral
- A meeting of Congress
- A Brian Adams concert

2. What is your professional opinion of the term "YOLO?"

3. What is the coolest place you have ever boned someone?

4. If you were to put a bullet in the head of any cartoon character on Earth, which would it be?

5. What is the most annoying thing your husband has done during this pregnancy? How did/do you react?

claire1979 is my siggy hero

www.etsy.com/shop/68cents
Go there. Buy stuff.

July 29th, 2013, 11:38 PM
TayAnd2Angels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Love the pictures!

Thank you!

So... did you win the tickets to the Eminem concert?

We didn't they called the competition at the 6-hour mark and did a drawing with the couples that were left. We were pissed! We did see him in concert twice though. I used to have a huge crush on him.

Have you always lived in CA? What about dh?

We both have. I was born in Lindsay, CA and he was born in San Francisco. Our families both moved to Fresno when we were kids.

How did you and your dh meet?

He was my little brother's friend in high school. He was a pothead and I was in Leadership class. He had a crush on me, and I thought he was a loser. When I was a sophomore in college he and my brother started coming to my college town, San Luis Opispo, for visits. After that it was all over.

July 29th, 2013, 11:45 PM
Nice pics!

Thanks!

I definitely want to know whether you won the contest!

Nope.

What do you and your DH do for work?

I teach 12th grade English and DH is a cop.

What hobbies do you have?

I love to read. DH and I also snowboard. I'm not good. At all. But I can't wait to go this year when I'm done being pregnant. I also LOVE to cook.

Have you traveled much? If so, where have you been?

Hmmm... Not a ton. I've been to Mexico a million times, and also to St. Lucia. I've been to quite a few of the states. My favorite was New York. We went when Taylee was 2.

July 29th, 2013, 11:51 PM
Cute pictures.. wish I could wear a swimsuit in public!

Thanks! I probably shouldn't, but I just said screw it.

* I see you hate the Twilight series.. I will admit. I read them all.. twice. I HATED the movies. Kristen Stewart sucks. Books are always better anyways. So what books do you recommend as an English teacher?? I love to read

I love Sophie Kinsella. Best chick lit author that I can think of. I'm not sure that's the English teacher in me though. I have to read so many classics at work that I like to read mindless stuff on my own time.

* Any pets??

Yep! We have a Jack Russell named Sydney and a cat named Casey. Sydney used to be our child. We took her everywhere, let her sleep in our bed, etc. Now she is am outdoor dog. Funny how babies change your priorities.

* If you could meet any author (past/present) who would it be and why?

Harper Lee. To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my absolute favorite books. I'd also like to meet Suzanne Collins so I could clear up a few questions I have about The Hunger Games. I teach it to my seniors, and I want to know all of the answers.

July 30th, 2013, 12:04 AM
You always come up with the best questions.

Your pictures are so cute! Props on the 6 hour make out session. That's hardcore.

Why thank you! It was in a shopping mall too, so there's that.

Also props on hating Twilight. Granted, I read them. A couple times. But they were the worst books ever.

Yeah, I really have an issue with the message it sends young girls about being so dependent and so stupid for their men. Not to mention the writing is terrible.

On to some questions:

1. I currently have, in my possession, I full head mask that looks like a unicorn. It is simultaneously the most awesome and the stupidest thing I have ever seen. So, if I paid you 1,000 bucks, would you wear this mask to the following events?

I'm going to need more information. Is it $1,000 per event, or just if I completed all 4 challenges?

- A wedding

Is it someone snooty who has a stick up their butt about their wedding being perfect? If so, then yes.

- A funeral

I'm going with no on this one, even if it was someone I didn't like so much. Cause chances are I would like some of the people attending the funeral, and I wouldn't want to hurt them. I might have Taylee wear it though and say she was wearing it because unicorns were her and the deceased's thing.

- A meeting of Congress

I probably wouldn't go to a meeting of congress with or without a unicorn head.

- A Brian Adams concert

This is a no-brainer. Obviously, yes.

2. What is your professional opinion of the term "YOLO?"

Even my teenage students think it is ridiculous.

3. What is the coolest place you have ever boned someone?

This one time we were leaving from a bar and we went down to the parking garage and did it on the hood of the car. Good times. Like really good.

4. If you were to put a bullet in the head of any cartoon character on Earth, which would it be?

Dora, to see if she died in English or in Spanish.

5. What is the most annoying thing your husband has done during this pregnancy? How did/do you react?

The other day I was wearing my Color Me Rad t-shirt to paint in, and he said, "You're rocking that like a freight train, huh?" I punched him in the face. Just kidding, but I should have.

Last edited by TayAnd2Angels; July 30th, 2013 at 12:06 AM.
July 30th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Whoa 6 hrs !! You guys rock ! It seriously sucks that they didn't just give the tickets to all the couples that lasted that far :/

Love all your pics. The pic of you as a little girl reminds me of child artist Billi Bruno who played Gracie in 'According to Jim' - cute

1)Do you love, like, tolerate or hate being pregnant?
2)If you could move to anywhere else in the country where would you?
3)If you both could have any other professions what would they be?

July 30th, 2013, 09:00 AM
manda622's Avatar First Time Mommy-To-Be
Beautiful family! Love your pics- the maternity ones came out great!

OK, I'm bad at coming up with questions, hopefully I don't ask any repeats!

How many children do you and DH want to have?

Did you always want to be an English teacher?

Favorite books/authors?

Do you have any favorite tv shows?

I have to agree with the Twilight hate- Bella is such a bad role model! But, I did enjoy her novel The Host. Have you read that one, if so what is your opinion vs the Twilight series?

BFP: 1/31/2013
First OB Visit: 02/19/2013
Dating Ultrasound: 02/20/2013 Got to see the baby move! HB 170!
Level 2 Ultrasound: 4/24/2013 It's a boy! HB 148!

July 30th, 2013, 09:32 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
ok, so first off if i had to make out with my husband for 6 hours we probably would have ended up doing more than that, mall or not! haha

Do you read Jennifer Weiner? I like her stuff too. I am a mindless reader as well.

so i need to know, did you ready 50 shades of grey?

How excited are you about having a boy?? What do your girls think? are you thinking it will be different than your girls?

Do you have a nursery set up? If so, let's see pictures!

And yeah you still look good in that bikini!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
July 30th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Whoa 6 hrs !! You guys rock ! It seriously sucks that they didn't just give the tickets to all the couples that lasted that far :/

Thanks!

Love all your pics. The pic of you as a little girl reminds me of child artist Billi Bruno who played Gracie in 'According to Jim' - cute

Hmmm... Haven't heard of that one before.

1)Do you love, like, tolerate or hate being pregnant? I love it, but would love it so much more without all the rules we have to follow.

2)If you could move to anywhere else in the country where would you?

Honestly, I probably wouldn't move anywhere. Our town is not too small but not too big. I teach at the high school that I graduated from, and I feel like I just fit there. Not sure I'd want to give that up.

3)If you both could have any other professions what would they be?

This is another one I wouldn't change. I love my job, and so does Donovan. He would like to join the K-9 unit eventually though.

July 30th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Beautiful family! Love your pics- the maternity ones came out great!

Thank you!

How many children do you and DH want to have?

This is it. 3 is a good number for us.

Did you always want to be an English teacher?

Nope! I was actually pre-med until my junior year of college. I wanted to be an OB. I got a job at a doctor's office and was appalled by the hours they had to keep. I decided I wanted a family more than I wanted that career. From there I decided I wanted to become a high school guidance counselor. I asked a teacher friend of mine how to go about doing that. She told me I should go into teaching first and said that English was a safe bet since they always need English teachers. I ended up loving it, and now I have no plans to become a counselor.

Favorite books/authors?

I did answer this one... Sophie Kinsella for nonsense chick lit., JK Rowling for fantasy, and Harper Lee for classics. I also love Shakespeare, and I'm pretty good at breaking it down for my students to understand.

Do you have any favorite tv shows?

DH and I are currently hooked on Big Brother. As a couple we also like to watch The First 48, Storage Wars, Auction Hunters, and anything of HGTV. When it's just me, I like Grey's Anatomy and Keeping up with the Kardashians. I realize that last one is total garbage, but I don't care. I mean, once they has a contest to see which sister had the sweetest smelling vag after drinking pineapple juice all day. I'm sorry, but that's just good entertainment right there.

I have to agree with the Twilight hate- Bella is such a bad role model! But, I did enjoy her novel The Host. Have you read that one, if so what is your opinion vs the Twilight series?

I haven't but a ton of my kids have, and they all say it's way better than Twilight.

July 31st, 2013, 12:03 AM
ok, so first off if i had to make out with my husband for 6 hours we probably would have ended up doing more than that, mall or not! haha

You would show us up, for sure!

Do you read Jennifer Weiner? I like her stuff too. I am a mindless reader as well.

I've read a few by her, but never really got into them.

I read like 75 pages of it before I gave up. For one thing, the writing was TERRIBLE. If that b said. "Oh my" one more time I was going to jump into the book and grab one of Christian's whips to smack her across the face with. Add in the fact that it's actually Twilight fan fiction, and I just couldn't hang. I'll probably see the movie though.

How excited are you about having a boy?? What do your girls think? are you thinking it will be different than your girls?

I'm excited, but to be totally honest, the whole penis thing kinda freaks me out. When I watch A Baby Story and they pull the baby boys out, they always have these ginormous, bright red testicles. Scares the bejeezus out of me. Taylee wanted a boy, so she is over the moon. Rylan seriously has no clue what is happening.

Do you have a nursery set up? If so, let's see pictures!

It's a work in progress. I ordered the bedding from Etsy and it shipped out already, so I should have it soon. Here are the pics I have so far:

These are curtains my mom and I made. They wanted $300 for the same set on Etsy. I bought a cheapie pair of navy blue ones from Target and we sewed the white fabric. The wall color looks funky in this pic, but we painted it a true teal.

This is the photo that the Etsy seller put together for me, so that is not my crib. That is my bedding though, so it's got his monogram on the bumper and his name on the pillow, which will sit on the glider.

I really love it. I'll post pics of the whole nursery when it's put together.

And yeah you still look good in that bikini!

Wow! Thank you!

August 1st, 2013, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TayAnd2Angels View Post

I read like 75 pages of it before I gave up. For one thing, the writing was TERRIBLE. If that b said. "Oh my" one more time I was going to jump into the book and grab one of Christian's whips to smack her across the face with. Add in the fact that it's actually Twilight fan fiction, and I just couldn't hang. I'll probably see the movie though.

I'm excited, but to be totally honest, the whole penis thing kinda freaks me out. When I watch A Baby Story and they pull the baby boys out, they always have these ginormous, bright red testicles. Scares the bejeezus out of me. Taylee wanted a boy, so she is over the moon. Rylan seriously has no clue what is happening.

Yeah i was OVER the writing, but i read all 3. IDK how they'll ever make it into a movie, but i'm looking forward to it. hopefully its before i'm 80.

I laughed SO HARD over that testicles comment. It is "different" for sure. Then there's the whole circ'ing issue too if that's happening. i felt like the worst mom for like a day...but i got over that Probably good i had a boy first.

So, how do YOU feel about having 3 pretty close together? Your youngest is about the same age as mine i think. Do people look at your crazy like they do at me??

August 1st, 2013, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensma View Post
Yeah i was OVER the writing, but i read all 3. IDK how they'll ever make it into a movie, but i'm looking forward to it. hopefully its before i'm 80.

I laughed SO HARD over that testicles comment. It is "different" for sure. Then there's the whole circ'ing issue too if that's happening. i felt like the worst mom for like a day...but i got over that Probably good i had a boy first.

So, how do YOU feel about having 3 pretty close together? Your youngest is about the same age as mine i think. Do people look at your crazy like they do at me??
Oh man... I'm terrified for circumcision day!

I'm nervous about them being so close together. People do look at me like I'm nuts when they find out. Doesn't help that Rylan has recently taken to pushing Taylee off of my lap if she ever crawls up there. All of a sudden Rylan is so territorial of me, so that is gonna be interesting.

August 2nd, 2013, 08:18 AM
yep mine are like that too! i'm okay because right now i have 2 arms, 2 legs, and 2 kids. but they're just going to have to learn to share. my kids are all such mama's babies.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search