Plans for childcare during labor??

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dolly Lama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Has everyone had a chance to plan for childcare (if you have other kiddos) while in labor? Our plans so far are to stay at home as long as possible with the kids and then go to the hospital while our oldest two watch the other kids (there are neighbors who can help out too if they need something). As soon as Guy makes his arrival, DH will go home and get the kids so they can meet their brother. I only plan on a 24 hr hospital stay, so DH will not be spending the night with me. He will stay with the kids and have them up at the hospital as much as possible until they release me

The only snag in my plan is that if something were to happen early, my boys aren't here right now. Plan B is that our BIL and SIL (who live 1 1/2 hrs away) will come watch my 3 younger kids. Also, Josh is still doing some traveling for work (he will be gone most of this week). BUT, all that said, I am not really worried about it because things have gone so smoothly with this little one

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
July 30th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Super Mommy
my sister is on call

I can just drop them off with her, or if it is while they are in school, she works in their school so will just take them home.

I was induced with my last 2. My son had a sleepover and she took him to school. I never told him the baby was coming, I didn't want to worry him. Then DH picked him up fron school with a big brother shirt and brought him to the hospital. it was really cute.
July 30th, 2013, 09:45 AM
MamaLaurie's Avatar Veteran
Our kiddos will be staying with Grandma and Grandpa.
July 30th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Super Mommy
My In-laws live next door so DS will likely have a sleep over there the first night. After that, DH might bring him home to sleep but he will go to Oma's during the day until I get home. My parents are 20 mins away and some of DH's sisters are super close to so we have lots of options.
July 30th, 2013, 11:19 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
My husband will also be traveling but hopefully not past next week. He originally said up to 37 which made me a little nervous. not bad, but a little. My mom is planning on watching the kids i think. i guess i should double check.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
July 30th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My mom is coming from India on Sep 14th. I am due on the 29th...if I go into labor before my mom gets here, I will be calling a good friend of mine to help watch Lekha while we are in the hospital...Not that worried...but a little bit nervous though

July 30th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is one of these times where I'm so glad to have older kids - they can stay home alone while all of this is going on. If I had to depend on other people, I'd be royally screwed.
kimberlyw likes this.
July 30th, 2013, 12:44 PM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will stay home as long as possible, then depending on the time either dropping the girls off with my parents or bringing them with us. Ry can't be left anyone overnight because of her medical needs.

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
July 30th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
This is a huge source of anxiety for me.

The "plan" is to have either one of both of our mom's up here, so that when I go into labor, DH and I can just head to the hospital. I can't wait around much, definitely not more than 1-2 hours and all of our family is 10 hours away. We haven't made many friends up here yet and the one family we've gotten close with has 2 young kids.

Worst case scenario, we take the kids with us, which we've already cleared with my OB group but I am not sure how that would work in the middle of the night, which is when it's happened for me both other times.

July 30th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am not 100% sure what we will do. My grandparents live about 15-20 minutes away but don't always hear their phones ring. My MIL lives 5 mins away but she works at teh hospital from 2-midnight and her schedule is weird. One SIL is married and lives about 5 mins away but she has little kids but would help if we needed her to. ANother SIL goes to school in a town 2 hours away but I am not sure when it starts up again so if she is around she can be called in. So, yeah, kinda of know what we are gonig to do but its not 100% set yet.

*Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!*
July 30th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh good grief!! I totally didn't even think about how school starting would affect my plans!! Now I guess I need to figure out what to do if I go into labor during the school week while the kids are all at school - honestly we will probably just pull them out for the day though......I really don't know.

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
July 30th, 2013, 07:28 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
No kids to find a babysitter for.. BUT we have 3 dogs. So we need to figure out who can take care of them while we are gone. Potty time and feeding. Probably DH's mom.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
July 30th, 2013, 08:18 PM
ValyntineG's Avatar Based on a True Story
Oh lord. It'll depend on so much stuff.

My niece is in town... Presumably until Eisley is born. So she would stay with the kids during labor/delivery. Once the fun part's over, I imagine we're going to split them all up between grandparents. The problem is that my in laws are super unreliable and/or incapable.

claire1979 is my siggy hero

www.etsy.com/shop/68cents
Go there. Buy stuff.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search