32wks - high risk dr appt went weird

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By 321abc
  • 2 Post By Anitha
  • 1 Post By jensma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2013, 09:20 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Yay for 32 weeks today!!!

High risk dr appt was seriously a rollercoaster this morning...first off I thought we were only doing u/s to check baby size, blood flow, etc. but first surprise was nurse telling me I now have to do about a 20 min NST each appt (now weekly) so they hook me up to the monitor...and...CANT FIND THE BABY'S HB! Yes I start to freak out - frantically trying to recall if i'd felt her move that morning (couldn't remember feeling her kick much), and the nurse is looking worried, calls for another nurse, they shut the door so now i'm literally about to break down when the 2nd nurse finds the HB (thank god!) and now my BP is probably through the roof but everything is otherwise fine.

Then I do the u/s...baby's good, still precisely 55% which makes high risk dr happy, and now 4lbs 6oz big . I find out that we won't do sizing every scan, even though I will have a weekly scan, so next appt will be just the NST & a quick scan to check blood flow through the UC, etc.

But then the bad news, after months (literally) of being head down...baby is now transverse and high risk dr is telling me to prepare myself for possibility of C-section (!!!) which he knows I want desperately to avoid...and he says there's still time for her to move back...but if she doesn't he won't let OB attempt an external version b/c it's too risky (I guess because of the blood thinners or possibly because of the prior SCH and potential to reopen bleeding?) SIGH, definitely wasn't what I was hoping to hear.

I know we have some smart mamas in here who know more about getting babies to turn than I do...any safe/natural things I can try to do to encourage her to go back to head down? Any idea when she'll be likely to big to move...i'm thinking I have literally until 36 weeks when OB plans to schedule induction (or now possibly C-section) but I think I want to fight the C-section literally until day I go to hospital

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
July 30th, 2013, 10:49 AM
321abc
My son decided to flip flop to transverse at 36 or 37 weeks! They told me to get on me knees and rock back and forth toget him to move. They weren't confident though especially at that gestation... But he turned by 38 weeks!!
There is also a chiropractic technique you might google it
L-SBB likes this.
July 30th, 2013, 11:22 AM
321abc
Hands and knees I mean, sorry!
July 30th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The chiropractic technique is called the Websters technique. What is entails is basically adjustment of your hip to align it (when the baby is not head down facing back, your pelvis is most likely out of alignment) and then pressing and releasing a ligament low on your belly.pelvic area to loosen it up and allow baby the space to encourage him/her to turn head down. It is not painful and it is said to be quite effective on a lot of women. If you cannot find a chiropractor in your area who is not certified in this, (you have to specifically ask them before you set up the appointment) you can still go to any chiro to get your hips aligned and that in itself 'may' help baby into a more favorable position.

Check out spinningbabies.com and pour into that website to do the stuff they suggest. Couple of excercises they mention are as follows:
1) Get on your hands and knees on the floor and crawl about for a abt 10 -15 mins
2)Get on your hand and knees and arch out your lower back(like a cat) and hold for a few secs and then relax. Repeat as often as you comfortably can.
3)Get on your hands and knees OR bend over the back of a couch or something at that height to help you bend so that your torso makes a right angle with your legs, and rock/sway your hips for as long as you comfortably can
4)This is the best one: Get on a couch and get to the following position, your knees should be on the couch and your hands and elbows should be on the floor. A head rush kind of feeling is nornal. Don't do this for too long just a few minutes at a time as long as you dont feel too uncomfortable in that upside down kind of position. Have DH nearby to help you back up on the couch or to climb down to the floor.
5)Music at the lower part of your pelvis and ice on the top of your belly (since your baby is transverse, put the ice on the side her head is - the general instruction is for breech babies)

Good luck You still have a lot of time. Get that baby turning
L-SBB and kimberlyw like this.

July 30th, 2013, 11:29 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
check out spinning babies. i have friends who have used it with success.
L-SBB likes this.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
July 30th, 2013, 12:53 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
that's scary about the hb. Glad everything is okay!! I don't know why dr's have to scare women so easily with threatening c/s.. your baby has lots of time to move! Hope everything goes well for you!!

July 30th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
How scary about the heartbeat! Glad it was resolved pretty quickly!

Sorry that she's turned transverse. There is still a good amount of time for her to turn back. I obviously have no BTDT with spinningbabies but I've heard it highly recommended. Pelvic rocking is supposed to help encourage the head down position too - it's a really gentle prenatal yoga pose - but I don't know how effective it actually is for encouraging turning.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
July 30th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The only thing I knew of to suggest was spinningbabies.com like Anitha posted about.

I am sorry the appt was such a ride for you! Hopefully next week will bring better news of a baby head down

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
July 30th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Super Mommy
Turn baby turn!
July 30th, 2013, 07:22 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
Oh man! Hope you can get baby to spin back!

At my app. today it took the nurse a little while to find the HB. I had JUST felt her moving so I just grit my teeth and tried to remain patient.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
July 30th, 2013, 08:21 PM
ValyntineG's Avatar Based on a True Story
Spinning babies is amaze balls. Seriously. Sebastian was in some really weird positions during pregnancy and the moves on that site really helped get him where he needed to be.

claire1979 is my siggy hero

www.etsy.com/shop/68cents
Go there. Buy stuff.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search