So I fell...

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mrspinky

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2013, 05:35 PM
Veteran
It's one of those things you NEVER want to do. Nothing too serious, but still shocked the crap out of me.

My parents called and asked if I wanted to come over for dinner (yesterday). Since DH was doing a photoshoot for a bakery's website, I said sure. I drive over and it starts to rain. By the time I get to my parents' driveway, it's POURING. My dad opened up the garage door so I could just run in and.....I was wearing flip flops. Who knew their garage was so slick?!? Jumped out of the car, half ran into the garage and BAM! Slipped and fell! I'm so thankful that I didn't fall forwards into my mom's car (then it would've been really bad). My dad freaked out (he was waiting for me to come in) and kept asking me if the baby was okay. I was in shock and just started to cry. My foot hurt like hell. My parents came to help me up and ice my foot. I called the OB, they said to just monitor for contractions/abnormal discharge and bleeding. So far, everything is fine, my foot/toe is a little swollen. I've kept it elevated and have been icing it on and off since last night.

Ladies....BE CAREFUL especially since we're so far along!
August 1st, 2013, 06:30 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Falling while pregnant is scary, especially while this far along! Sorry about the foot injury, but I'm glad to hear that the baby is okay.
August 1st, 2013, 06:55 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh no!!! Glad you and baby are seemingly okay. That's NO fun!!!

August 1st, 2013, 07:33 PM
Heidijens1's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm glad baby is ok. That would be really scary, I hope your foot feels better soon.
August 1st, 2013, 09:51 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
Oh no! I would have freaked out too. Glad you are ok! I am such a klutz I keep waiting for something to happen. I have tried to be extra careful when I am doing something that might involve falling over.

I was almost knocked over by one of our dogs. So gotta watch out for them!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
August 2nd, 2013, 12:11 AM
bevyvuska's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to bevyvuska
Glad everything is ok. I still have my split chin healing from the fall I took a couple weeks ago. Gotta be careful, especially since our center of gravity is outta wack.

We have all tile & wood in our house and my son tends to not dry his feet before coming in after the pool, so I REALLY have to watch it since I go barefoot all the time.

August 2nd, 2013, 04:24 AM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you are OK! That's scary. Geez, if I fell on cement at this point I'd be afraid I'd dislocate a hip!!

[/url]

August 2nd, 2013, 07:39 AM
321abc
Goodness! It's so scary to fall pregnant! I haven't fallen big pregnant but did fall in my second trimester and it scared me to tears as well. Hope you are ok!
August 2nd, 2013, 10:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad you are okay! I have slipped but not fallen and THAT scares me. It was good that your parents were there to take care of you afterwards, its always comforting to know that people care.

*Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!*
August 2nd, 2013, 11:28 AM
mommyof2boys0207's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you and baby are okay!
DD- Savannah - June 30th, 2011
DS- Jameson - September 18th, 2013
August 2nd, 2013, 11:53 AM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you fell. I to have had falls in my pregnancies. I remember with my 5th I was hosting my own baby shower and I wanted to bring my dogs outside and tie them up so they weren't in the house barking because we were all outside. I put them on leash, I had many people coming outside with me NOT ONE HELPED the 2 dogs went running from behind between my legs and my arms went backwards with their leash and bam right on my belly. Not one asked if I was ok. they kept talking among each other. Sucked. I fell with my 7th onto the coffee table. We have glass and cast iron table. OUCH! I hate the unknown and my legs have given out many times. Glad I was able to sit, I still have a few weeks left. I fear falling.
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

August 2nd, 2013, 08:37 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevyvuska View Post
Glad everything is ok. I still have my split chin healing from the fall I took a couple weeks ago. Gotta be careful, especially since our center of gravity is outta wack.

We have all tile & wood in our house and my son tends to not dry his feet before coming in after the pool, so I REALLY have to watch it since I go barefoot all the time.
Yikes! You need to be super careful!!!

Thanks ladies!!!

It's been 2 days after my fall and my toe is still super sore when walking, but thankfully it's not broken and hopefully the pain will go away soon. Again, I'm just glad that it's not more serious.

I'm being extra careful these next 5.5 weeks!
bevyvuska likes this.
August 2nd, 2013, 11:23 PM
TayAnd2Angels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad you and baby are ok!

August 3rd, 2013, 03:44 AM
Badass
Glad that baby seems to be all good, still a pain that your foot is sore! My ankle gave out the other day when I put barely any weight on it and gave me a heart attack, I'm so clumsy normally it's so hard to stay focused!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search