35 week appt and breech baby

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 2 Post By babybatax2
  • 2 Post By TaraJo29
  • 1 Post By MoreThanEnough
  • 1 Post By My3His1
  • 1 Post By mrspinky
  • 1 Post By L-SBB
  • 1 Post By Jessmom
  • 1 Post By ValyntineG
  • 2 Post By Jessmom
  • 1 Post By kimberlyw

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Veteran
So I had my 35 week appt this afternoon. She did the culture for GBS and checked my cervix. I had mentioned that I think I lost a little bit of something while wiping last weekend and she confirmed that she felt that I lost a little bit of my mucus plug. We swore that the baby was head down and all things pointed to it, until she rolled the ultrasound machine in to do a confirmation....so all along, the lump on the right side of my belly was actually her head (probably). She discussed the external version as an option, but also going ahead with the c-section.

So if I have a c-section, it's no big deal. It is what it is. However, has any of the BTDT mommies done an external version (I don't think I plan on it) or done spinning babies/exercises that have turned the baby? Curious mind(s) want to know!
August 8th, 2013, 06:31 PM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I delivered Dakota breech! :-) and maybe baby will still turn! They have a mind of their own!!
Keakie and mrspinky like this.

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
August 8th, 2013, 06:48 PM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Were you planning to have a c-section apart from the breech thing? If so, I would probably lean toward letting breech babies lie.

If you would only be doing a c-section for the breech issue I would definitely consider the external version. 1) I would visit spinningbabies.com stat and start doing some exercises that could help the baby turn around. 2) I'd give that a week and then I would talk to them about external version.

I would much rather try the version and have a go at vaginal birth than have a c-section when you otherwise might not have to. C-section recovery is not fun and vaginal birth is healthier than having surgery all around... unless the baby can't be turned or turns back to breech. Then I would not attempt a vaginal birth and go for the c-section.

Just my 2 cents.
Keakie and mrspinky like this.

[/url]

August 8th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It is possible to deliver the baby vaginally even if it's a breech baby. Another method to turn baby is go to the chiropractor and get adjusted as that can cause baby to turn.
mrspinky likes this.
August 9th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Veteran
I just had my 34 weeks appointment and baby is transverse breech. I'll be going to the chiropractor and acupuncturist like crazy the next couple weeks. Also doing the breech exercises from spinning babies. If she hasn't turned by my 36 week appointment, my midwife will refer me to an OB for an external version.

Breech births are still possible and safe as long as the baby is not transverse. Baby can come out head, butt, or feet first
MoreThanEnough likes this.
DS ~ October 2007
August 9th, 2013, 07:50 AM
321abc
My son was transverse at 37 weeks or around there. He turned by my 39 week induction. It's less likely for transverse babies to turn than full breech and my baby weighed 7.5 lbs so he wasn't tiny.
If mine can turn, yours can too. I only did pelvic tilts, no chiropractor or version
August 9th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by skye10 View Post
My son was transverse at 37 weeks or around there. He turned by my 39 week induction. It's less likely for transverse babies to turn than full breech and my baby weighed 7.5 lbs so he wasn't tiny.
If mine can turn, yours can too. I only did pelvic tilts, no chiropractor or version
You're giving me faith!!!! THANK YOU! Haha.

I've started with some exercises from spinning babies! I'm keeping my !!
321abc likes this.
August 9th, 2013, 10:54 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
i'm in same boat with you, baby went to transverse at 32week and is now frank breech at 33wk appt...there's still time for her to turn on her own but both doctors are now discussing C-section with me (I have to be induced at 38 weeks for medical reasons and hospital will not induce in breech position)...unfortunately I don't think my high risk OB will allow me to try external version (I wanted to know more about this too) so i'm doing some of the recommended positions at spinning babies website and hoping for the best as I really want to avoid C-section if at all possible.
mrspinky likes this.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
August 9th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Super Mommy
Just popping in from August ddc. I am having an external version tomorrow morning. My baby has been head down for ever and on Tuesday decided to flip. My dr is not optimistic that he can flip it but will try tomorrow. I want to avoid a section at all costs. I am a good candidate for this as I have had 3 normal deliveries already. I will be updating my post in August ddc tomorrow.
321abc likes this.

Last edited by Jessmom; August 9th, 2013 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Didn't finish.
August 9th, 2013, 06:22 PM
ValyntineG's Avatar Based on a True Story
Spinning babies helped me get Sebastian head down when he was transverse at almost 38 weeks. It only took a couple days!
mrspinky likes this.

claire1979 is my siggy hero

www.etsy.com/shop/68cents
Go there. Buy stuff.

August 9th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi- I've been lurking in this board for ever. (I introduced myself back at the beginning). I'm in the same position- I've has 2 previous, uncomplicated vaginal deliveries and this baby at the 35 week appt was confirmed breech.
I will be getting checked in 2 weeks and if he/she is still breech will be getting an ECV. If it doesn't work and elective c section for me. I will NOT be delivering a breech baby - my obstetrician won't let me deliver breech and unless the baby comes in a hurry before my section date I don't want it for safety reasons. Whilst I appreciate that in most cases it is fine to deliver breech, especially if you've delivered vaginally before, I'd rather not take the risk and have a nice, safe, elective c section.
August 9th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't know much about the external version but if it were me personally, I wouldn't schedule a c-section at all. I would want to wait for my body to go into labor and then, if baby still hasn't turned, I would consent to a c-section. Plenty of babies wait until labor to get into position, so I would just always feel like I didn't give baby the best chance, KWIM?

August 11th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Super Mommy
I had my external version today it was quick and painful but very successful. I am 38+3. Baby is estimated by ultrasound to be 8lbs3oz. I would guess 30-40 seconds. Well worth it.
mrspinky and My3His1 like this.
August 16th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Veteran
Just had my 36w appt on Wednesday and everything is doing well. She's still head up. We scheduled a c-section anyways (September 6!!!!) and just discussed that I'll still keep up with the exercises to try to flip her, but if it doesn't work we're okay with it. We talked about possibly doing a version again, but the NP said at this point, they'd have to do it soon because she's already really big and there seems to be very little space left....hehe.
August 16th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I must've missed this thread a while back....

Anyway, I hope she still flips for you, but if not it sounds like you are at peace with a c-section It doesn't matter how they get here anyway, as long as they are healthy when they do!
mrspinky likes this.

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search