Name help--anyone else still nameless?!

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By babybatax2
  • 2 Post By littlecatlady
  • 1 Post By kelbert
  • 2 Post By 4sweet
  • 1 Post By MamaLaurie
  • 1 Post By Steph604
  • 1 Post By Heidijens1

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2013, 07:48 AM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our baby is still nameless! Anyone else?! I feel so not ready because she doesn't have a name and she"ll be here soon!!!

I had mentioned before dh likes Skylar. I hate it. I like Everley and he hates that! I have no idea what to name baby. I've read a million different names and nothing seems right! Rylan and Dakota were way easier to name!
AIK112018 and mommyof4plus like this.

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
August 11th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Super Mommy
We are still nameless too!
DH "doesn't like to rush into things like this"..hello...I am 37 weeks tomorrow!!!!

I do however believe that one will come to you after the baby is born. We were the same with DS and we did get him named shortly after he was born.

We struggle to agree on names, but we have come up with a list of names we both don't mind...as in aren't in love with but both of us could live with. KWIM? maybe try that?
August 11th, 2013, 11:01 AM
bevyvuska's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to bevyvuska
Hubby just says, "Well so far his name is Baby #2" Names are hard & we always had a hard time with boy names. We are very picky & so far we have a small maybe list. No J,B or C names, nothing really popular, nothing spelled weird, nothing that won't culturally go with the VERY Irish last name we have. (We both REALLY like Dmitry or Dimitri but have a hard time with it going with a MC last name) Also, no names that are already used by friends or families children. So we have definitely limited things.

Though that is what we had with Colin. For his about a week before he was born my hubby conceded & put Colin back on the maybe list, since he had vetoed it before. Then after he was born (about an hour or so) we agreed, he looked like a Colin.

So don't despair, it'll come. I personally don't think I could settle completely on one name until after they are born. Since it might be lovely, but might not actually fit them.

OH, we have decided (95% sure) that his middle name will be John or Jonathan after DH's grandfather.
The royal baby got MY grandfather's name. George Alexander.

August 11th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Veteran
Don't stress! I know two babies who were born in the last month who were nameless. My nephew didn't have a name for nearly a week! His momma thought that his dad would concede after seeing her go through the birth. Knowing dad so well and for so many years, I wasn't terribly surprised that he didn't have a name for several days

We were actually considering waiting on naming ours until after she was born because we wanted her name to fit, despite the fact that we both loved the same name. Dad, who I talk to about everything, asked me if we picked out a name. When I told him our plan he said (so elegantly) "It doesn't matter what she looks like after birth kid. All babies come out looking like a wrinkley potato".
kelbert and Halyanne like this.
August 11th, 2013, 12:00 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
If DH hadn't picked a name I liked we would probably be int he same position. We couldn't agree on anything! I will say that I actually like both names Good luck with the decision... its a tough one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecatlady View Post
When I told him our plan he said (so elegantly) "It doesn't matter what she looks like after birth kid. All babies come out looking like a wrinkley potato".
Your dad sounds so much like mine! Haha.
littlecatlady likes this.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
August 11th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecatlady View Post
he said (so elegantly) "It doesn't matter what she looks like after birth kid. All babies come out looking like a wrinkley potato".
Oh my word! I laughed so hard at this!

We've been tossing some names around here and there. We did decided the middle name would be James, after my father inlaw. I love the name Ryan, but hubby likes it but doesn't want to use it. Since I live in South Africa, hubbys family is Afrikaans, his brothers name is Riaan, pronounced Ri-on. Which he says is way too close to Ryan. So the other name we like is Colin. And I brought up the name Alex. I have loved that name forever, but honestly didn't think hubby would go for it. His sisters son is named Adam James and I thought Alex James would be too close. However, I think I have convinced him a bit more on the name. Using Alex James, his initials would be AJM. Hubbys first name starts with an A, my middle name starts with a J and we share M for last name. I really like the combination initials of using an A first name.

But we will see! Just over 5 weeks to go.
August 11th, 2013, 03:59 PM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
See I was secretly hoping dh would go with my name after seeing me birth a baby! He's so stubborn though!!! Lol

I'm so glad I'm not alone though!!!!

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
August 11th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halyanne View Post

We've been tossing some names around here and there. We did decided the middle name would be James, after my father inlaw. I love the name Ryan, but hubby likes it but doesn't want to use it. Since I live in South Africa, hubbys family is Afrikaans, his brothers name is Riaan, pronounced Ri-on. Which he says is way too close to Ryan. So the other name we like is Colin. And I brought up the name Alex. I have loved that name forever, but honestly didn't think hubby would go for it. His sisters son is named Adam James and I thought Alex James would be too close. However, I think I have convinced him a bit more on the name. Using Alex James, his initials would be AJM. Hubbys first name starts with an A, my middle name starts with a J and we share M for last name. I really like the combination initials of using an A first name.

My son is Collin James... It's a great name
August 11th, 2013, 06:41 PM
AIK112018's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nameless baby here too!

DH said "The name has to be perfect, she will be living with it for the rest of her life"

.... we have discussed well over 150 names. possibly more than 200.

I've gotten so annoyed with it that he cant pick a single one. So I've given up for now.

I figured I would just make a list of names that I LIKE and then wait until after the baby is born... then it might be easier to persuade him to pick a name. hehe.
August 11th, 2013, 07:32 PM
bevyvuska's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to bevyvuska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halyanne View Post

LOVE Colin. Good choice. Also love Alex, that is one that is in almost every generation of my family.

August 11th, 2013, 11:34 PM
Veteran
They are all nice names! I'm sire you will all settle on one shortly after birth if not sooner
August 12th, 2013, 10:15 AM
4sweet's Avatar Super Mommy
We are without a name as well. We need something that fits with our other boy names and is not popular.
mommyof4plus and lexiandolive like this.

Julian 9/30/06
Logan 12/29/09
Callan 11/4/11
August 12th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Veteran
39 weeks today and still nameless as well. We need to come up with a boy and girl name too. Nothing that both of us like.

With my first kid we had names picked out until I was 41 weeks and we ended up switching at the last minute. If he came out on time he would have had a different name!
August 12th, 2013, 09:25 PM
MamaLaurie's Avatar Veteran
Nameless here too! Dh won't even discuss names with me. I'm guessing he's leaving it up to me. We went through a huge list of names when we found out we were having a boy. There were a couple I really liked but he didn't say too much. Usually he will let me have my way if I really love the name.
mommyof4plus likes this.
August 13th, 2013, 09:20 PM
mommyof4plus's Avatar Veteran
Location: Where the grass grows and there's lots of rain & trees
Have you considered family names and ways to twist them? 3 of my daughters were named after family members with a twist.. including this one... I have a harder time with girl names then boy names...

For example, first daughter is Rachelle Sarah Lynn... named after my sisters Rachel and Sarah (Sarah's first and middle name).

My second daughter is Shaylee Lauren.... She was named after her aunt Sharon... who everyone calls Aunt Shay... I was having a dilemma over her name and offered a reward in a forum to whoever named my child... and ppl were throwing out names left and right... finally someone mentioned Shaylee.. and it automatically made me think of her aunt Shay.. who was her daddy's aunt btw.. and for that reason he was all for it...

This one we are naming Hope because we had several miscarriages before conceiving her, and had hope that this one would take... not to mention that she has a sister named Faith... so the names fit.. honestly... I don't care for her middle names.. Darla and Mae.. however, my husband's cousin Darla recently died from breast cancer.. and we wanted to honor her. We were going to go with Darlene.. however didn't want to leave his grandma out.. who's middle name is Mae...
August 13th, 2013, 09:28 PM
mommyof4plus's Avatar Veteran
Location: Where the grass grows and there's lots of rain & trees
Quote:
Originally Posted by babybatax2 View Post
Our baby is still nameless! Anyone else?! I feel so not ready because she doesn't have a name and she"ll be here soon!!!

I had mentioned before dh likes Skylar. I hate it. I like Everley and he hates that! I have no idea what to name baby. I've read a million different names and nothing seems right! Rylan and Dakota were way easier to name!
You can always compromise and go with Skylar Everley .. that's what we did with our first.. I wanted to name my son Ryan.. but daddy wanted to name him Coby... so now he's Coby Ryan...

Wait... did I read that right... you are expecting a girl?? All those names were boys names I thought... lol...

I guess popular names these days can fit any gender... like I know of 3 Jaylins... 2 are girls, one is a boy
August 13th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Super Mommy
We still dont know if its a boy....im freaking out! Hopefully its a girl! lol
mommyof4plus likes this.

*Thanks so much Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!*
06/12 11/12

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 14th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Heidijens1's Avatar Super Mommy
We still don't have a name. I think we agreed on a middle name last night, but still no first name. I want this baby to have my grandpa's name but it doesn't seem right as a first name so still no first name. BTW the middle name will be Keith.
mommyof4plus likes this.
August 17th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi sorry I'm just lurking, I'm from the Jan Ddc when nothing is going on there I see what's going on elsewhere.
4sweet. I read your other boys names Logan and callan and 2 names if you are having a boy these 2 names came into my head, Declan and jaxon.and the girls name that came to mind was Anna or Emma, no idea why lol.

[/url]
August 17th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Still nameless 4sweet? How about Dawson, Levi, Kashton, Lakai, Nikao, or Teague?

Last edited by MoreThanEnough; August 17th, 2013 at 04:25 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search