37 week appt.

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Dolly Lama
  • 1 Post By mirdeemrlvs
  • 1 Post By H_Hplus1
  • 1 Post By mirdeemrlvs
  • 1 Post By TaraJo29

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2013, 05:36 PM
mommyof4plus's Avatar Veteran
Location: Where the grass grows and there's lots of rain & trees
So I showered this morning before my appt. and used the restroom... something didn't feel right, like she was really low, I felt all kinds of pressure, and after using the restroom (I swear I whipped well) a big drop of clear liquid fell on my foot and I was checking everything out trying to figure out where it came from... so I was starting to think... maybe my water broke.. maybe today will be the day...

Nope, no such luck. I don't know if I was leaking milk or from somewhere else.. Idk lol... anyways, the dr. checked my cervix and it is closed, long and firm... he said that is one reason why I'm not a good candidate for having a vaginal birth. I have 2 more appt's left... the last one will be the day before my C-section on the 27th...

It still seems soo far away! I don't know if I can take it lol...

I have this inner energy to go on a cleaning spree.. and get my school projects done... but I remind myself that if I go all crazy cleaning now, I'll have to do it all over again in a week.... because everything will be dirty again... so I'm talking myself into waiting until I finish my last 4 shifts of work... my last 2 12 hour shifts are next Tuesday and Wednesday... I took off close to a week before delivery so I can let loose with all the crazy cleaning and projects I want and need to do before baby comes... trying to save some energy right now.

I know some of you are like "wow, you are getting close"... so why does it feel like a millennium ? LOL
August 15th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think the closer we get, the days can stretch on even longer for some reason. It's like the first and second trimesters flew by, and this one is dragging on in slow motion.

I would like to know where you found your inner energy to go on a cleaning spree...I want to do it, but have absolutely no energy at all.

Quote:
a big drop of clear liquid fell on my foot and I was checking everything out trying to figure out where it came from... so I was starting to think... maybe my water broke.. maybe today will be the day...
Awww man, what a tease!!
mommyof4plus likes this.
August 15th, 2013, 01:19 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have 9 days left, and it feels like an ETERNITY!!! I really really hope and pray I don't go past due like all 3/4 of my children. Only one was induced a week early.
mommyof4plus likes this.

August 15th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, I can't believe some of you are so close to the end already!!! That is so exciting!

And yeah, the days seem to stretch out and last longer the closer we get:/

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
August 15th, 2013, 04:00 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
days are going long! your almost there. 12 more days mama I wish I had a *birthday* in sight for my little one.
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

August 15th, 2013, 07:08 PM
H_Hplus1's Avatar Supermom to 6
The 18th of September feels like an eternity!! I will be living vicariously through most of you ladies...lol So start popping them out
mommyof4plus likes this.

Jace Allan 7 lb 3 oz, 20 1/2 "

My other beautiful children and precious baby Grandson!!
August 15th, 2013, 07:12 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Hplus1 View Post
The 18th of September feels like an eternity!! I will be living vicariously through most of you ladies...lol So start popping them out
* raising my hand. I volunteer!!!!!
mommyof4plus likes this.

August 18th, 2013, 02:38 AM
mommyof4plus's Avatar Veteran
Location: Where the grass grows and there's lots of rain & trees
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolly Lama View Post
I think the closer we get, the days can stretch on even longer for some reason. It's like the first and second trimesters flew by, and this one is dragging on in slow motion.

I would like to know where you found your inner energy to go on a cleaning spree...I want to do it, but have absolutely no energy at all.

Awww man, what a tease!!
I guess I just got lucky... I just read today that some women have absolutely no energy, whereas others get a spurt of energy.. mainly for nesting purposes.. can't explain it.. it's a good things too because just have too much to do before baby comes!
August 18th, 2013, 08:52 AM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no idea what your situation is, so I'm not saying you shouldn't have a c-section. But just because your cervix is long and closed right now does NOT mean you aren't a good candidate for vaginal birth. That's bogus. It could be long and closed now and soft and effaced in a week or 2. Unless he was saying you're not a good candidate for induction *while your cervix is still long, closed, and firm.* That's true. You shouldn't attempt an induction on an unripe cervix like that. But not a good candidate for vaginal birth? No.

The End.

Anyway, glad you are so close to seeing your babe! I think they are all going to start popping soon and then I won't be able to keep up!
shana1979 likes this.

[/url]

August 19th, 2013, 08:15 AM
manda622's Avatar First Time Mommy-To-Be
It's crazy, exciting, and scary how close to the end we all are! My due date is still a ways off, but seeing everyone else in our group so close and/or already having babies makes things sooooooo real!

BFP: 1/31/2013
First OB Visit: 02/19/2013
Dating Ultrasound: 02/20/2013 Got to see the baby move! HB 170!
Level 2 Ultrasound: 4/24/2013 It's a boy! HB 148!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search