How leaky are you?

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Dolly Lama
  • 1 Post By Sk8ermaiden
  • 1 Post By kaylacaroline
  • 1 Post By kaylacaroline
  • 1 Post By Keakie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
How is everyone doing in the leaking department?

In the evenings/mornings I usually wear a big t-shirt without a bra, simply because it's more comfortable. For the last couple of weeks, though, I've been noticing that I'm feeling *damp* almost constantly when I don't have a bra on. It's not usually enough to actually leave any wet spots on my t-shirts (although that has happened a few times too) but it's enough that I feel moisture whenever the fabric touches me. I used to only feel it once in awhile, but it's all. the. time. now.

How about you ladies?

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
August 14th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Grlsshp9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't leaked at all yet..

August 14th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No leaking for me yet. I can squeeze stuff out though. Just a bit.
August 14th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am not leaking involuntarily, but I think I can squeeze out some if I tried...I felt the tingly-boob-let-down sensation a few times and I'd look down almost expecting to soak my shirt (because thats what happened while I was lactating for DD) but nothing leaks out :shrug: B FWIW It was exactly the same with my first pregnancy as well....

August 14th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No leaking over here - not even anything if I squeeze. I promise that I'm not jealous at all!
Grlsshp9 likes this.
August 14th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Well, now I just feel like a freak.

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

August 14th, 2013, 07:42 PM
mommyof4plus's Avatar Veteran
Location: Where the grass grows and there's lots of rain & trees
Only occasionally.. I'll have a wet spot or feel that damp feeling you described. I love squeezing some out for my husband to see... he gets grossed out

I always go braless when I can... I hate wearing bras!
August 14th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Badass
It happens to me every now and again but it isn't too often. It's more when I'm getting undressed for bed that I notice it may be a little damp. My poor partner is a boobs person so he isn't so keen on having to be gentle with them JUST in case they leak again (he found out the hard way last week).
August 14th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll take the freak heat off you. I'm already pumping and storing colostrum.

But I don't really leak. I do get the slightly damp feeling occasionally though.
Keakie likes this.

August 14th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Veteran
No leaking here yet
August 14th, 2013, 09:54 PM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was getting the damp feeling now and then, and also getting the little tell-tale crusties from dried on colostrum. But now I have noticed a bona fide drop of liquid colostrum (very yellow!) a few times when I'm getting in the shower or what have you. !! Pretty exciting, IMO. lol

(I have tried expressing a little a few times, BTW, and it now comes out VERY easily. Apparently my bb's are ready to go over here. hehe)

[/url]

August 14th, 2013, 10:03 PM
kaylacaroline's Avatar Veteran
Don't feel like a freak Kayla.... I soaked my comforter this morning.

I honestly can't believe how much I leak. I have mean hot flashes at night so I sleep nude. Dh has complained about getting "wet". I have actually soaked through many a shirt. Which turn into hard spots when the milk dries. I am trying to take it as a good sign, that I'll have goof milk production. My bestfriend thinks its a sign that I'll go early. Lets hope!
Keakie likes this.

August 14th, 2013, 10:06 PM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylacaroline View Post
Don't feel like a freak Kayla.... I soaked my comforter this morning.

I honestly can't believe how much I leak. I have mean hot flashes at night so I sleep nude. Dh has complained about getting "wet". I have actually soaked through many a shirt. Which turn into hard spots when the milk dries. I am trying to take it as a good sign, that I'll have goof milk production. My bestfriend thinks its a sign that I'll go early. Lets hope!
Wow, that is serious leakage, sister!!! I wonder if you are going to have 2 milk faucets once your milk actually comes in?!

[/url]

August 14th, 2013, 10:12 PM
kaylacaroline's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraJo29 View Post
Wow, that is serious leakage, sister!!! I wonder if you are going to have 2 milk faucets once your milk actually comes in?!
ROFLMAO. I know right? Its quite ridiculous to be honest. The slightest bit of pressure and boom, soaked. I walk around the house with two big spots on my shirt. Already invested in nipple pads. Lol
TaraJo29 likes this.

August 15th, 2013, 05:41 AM
bevyvuska's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to bevyvuska
No leaking but it is there if I try. I am soaking my shirts just from the sweat lately. TMI I know. It has been so hot that going without a bra I just drip sweat around there. NOT something that normally happens with me. Sucks though I am just as hot with a bra, just not as drippy.

August 15th, 2013, 07:43 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
um i wouldn't say i leak but there is action happening. i had a dream i pumped like 4oz of milk though before baby was born. ahhahaa

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
August 15th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If any squeezing of the nipples happens I leak (ie: foreplay lol), but no leaking unprovoked. With my first I leaked a lot during pregnancy, but it happened less and less with each subsequent pregnancy.

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
August 16th, 2013, 09:53 AM
manda622's Avatar First Time Mommy-To-Be
Nothing here. Makes me nervous- should I be nervous? I think I'm most anxious about breastfeeding, because I REALLY want it to work out.

BFP: 1/31/2013
First OB Visit: 02/19/2013
Dating Ultrasound: 02/20/2013 Got to see the baby move! HB 170!
Level 2 Ultrasound: 4/24/2013 It's a boy! HB 148!

August 16th, 2013, 10:23 AM
I wouldn't let it worry you. It sounds like it's more normal than not to have no involuntary leaking. What I'm leaking isn't even true milk at this point, since that doesn't come in until shortly after the baby's birth - it looks like a mix of light colostrum and clear liquid that I'm assuming is just random proteins/fluids.
manda622 likes this.

August 16th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's colostrum, same as will be here after the baby is born and until milk comes in.

At some hospitals, if they know your baby will be NICU or have feeding issues (cleft palate, twins, mom with hard to control diabetes), they recommend moms pump and store starting after 34 weeks so that that can be fed to the baby instead of formula.

I would not have been able to express anything with my first though, I am pretty sure.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search