35 week OB app with u/s!

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2013, 04:48 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
So I have been wanting an u/s forever and I finally got one.. only because I was measuring ahead. But I still got one so I was excited!

Well.. didn't get to see ANYTHING! She is BREECH and facing my back. So we got to see her pretty little spine and her booty

GOOD news is that she weighs 6lbs. 1oz and is in the 51st percentile.. tech said it was great and she was right on track... so yay! My fluid level was good too.. so no idea why I am measuring ahead. I am short, so maybe its just making her stick out.

Tech did freak me out at one point asking if I had just ate.. and asked several times if I was feeling movement. I have been.. she had just been making my stomach look like something off Alien while I was in the lobby. So she poked on her and she moved some.. so the tech said it was fine. Poor thing is all squished in there.. its not like she can do cartwheels. I think too since she is facing my back I am not going to feel as much as I would if she was facing forward.

I am not happy about her being breech. I am going to try some things off of Spinning Babies to try and get her to flip. I want to avoid a c-section if possible. I will be disappointed.. but whatever happens happens.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
August 15th, 2013, 06:03 PM
H_Hplus1's Avatar Supermom to 6
I totally know how you feel. This baby is transverse and they wont turn him due to my age and 3 previous abdominal surgeries. My U/S today showed feet covering his face so not much better than a bottom...lol.

Jace Allan 7 lb 3 oz, 20 1/2 "

My other beautiful children and precious baby Grandson!!
August 15th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How disappointing that you only got to see her spine and little baby booty! It's great to hear that everything else looks good though - hopefully Spinning Babies works and she flips on down.
August 15th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Heidijens1's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm glad everything loked good except her position. I hope she turns for you.
August 15th, 2013, 09:21 PM
mommyof2boys0207's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope baby girl turns her little booty the right way
DD- Savannah - June 30th, 2011
DS- Jameson - September 18th, 2013
August 16th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am glad they saw no reason for them to be concerned about you measuring ahead Hopefully she will flip head down soon! Are they going to do a repeat u/s to make sure of her position in the next week or so? Did they talk to you about external cephalic version to turn baby? I hope it all works out Kelli!!

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
August 16th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I hope Spinning Babies helps too! I'm glad you've got confirmation that she's growing just fine and your fluid levels look good - it must just be a height-related thing that you've been measuring ahead. I'm not much taller than you (I've been marked down as 5'2 1/2" and 5'3" - I just round up usually ) but my torso is actually a little long in comparison to my legs - and I *still* feel like she doesn't have much room.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
August 16th, 2013, 09:47 AM
manda622's Avatar First Time Mommy-To-Be
They haven't said anything to me about his position, but he was transverse on my last uls (29 weeks) and I THINK he's in the same position. Making me nervous, I don't want a c-section either! Hopefully they flip for us!

BFP: 1/31/2013
First OB Visit: 02/19/2013
Dating Ultrasound: 02/20/2013 Got to see the baby move! HB 170!
Level 2 Ultrasound: 4/24/2013 It's a boy! HB 148!

August 16th, 2013, 09:52 AM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You've still got time. Hopefully she flips for you!!

August 16th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Veteran
Ah we're in the same boat. Mine is also breech and I've been doing some spinning babies stuff....no progress yet! I've scheduled my c-section already (for the 6th) and they said they check right before we go in anyways and I still see my dr. every week so we'll see if anything happens.

Hope our babies turn for all of us!
August 16th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Veteran
Ah we're in the same boat. Mine is also breech and I've been doing some spinning babies stuff....no progress yet! I've scheduled my c-section already (for the 6th) and they said they check right before we go in anyways and I still see my dr. every week so we'll see if anything happens.

Hope our babies turn for all of us!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search