Dh staying overnight?

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jensma
  • 1 Post By Dolly Lama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2013, 05:16 AM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is anyone else dh not staying overnight when baby is born?

Dh can't because of Rylan. She requires special care overnight and we don't feel comfortable with anyone else doing that. I'm a little nervous about being alone with baby!

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
August 16th, 2013, 05:43 AM
Veteran
Honestly, haven't thought about it! I would assume he won't stay overnight, but go home and sleep while he can. It will also depend on if I can get a private room, or sharing too. If I am sharing, no way will he stay overnight.
August 16th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Mine hasn't stayed overnight since our first was born - I would prefer him to be at home with our other kids Also, I am almost certain I will have a roomie so that would be weird if he stayed lol. He will be up at the hospital as much as possible with our other kids to spend time with Guy. I am hoping to be discharged ASAP - there is a mandatory class we have to take (the period of purple crying - which I just took there three years ago before being discharged after Kara was born, but they will not let me skip it - grrrrrrr) but as soon as we have done that the midwife said she would discharge me. So depending on when I give birth and when the class is, I could be discharged within a few hours of delivering if I want to be!!

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
August 16th, 2013, 08:20 AM
manda622's Avatar First Time Mommy-To-Be
Mine's staying, but this is our first, so we don't have to worry about childcare or anything...

BFP: 1/31/2013
First OB Visit: 02/19/2013
Dating Ultrasound: 02/20/2013 Got to see the baby move! HB 170!
Level 2 Ultrasound: 4/24/2013 It's a boy! HB 148!

August 16th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
After the baby is born he will go home. Its been that way since at least #3 and I don't mind it too much. Its only 1 night. With my last one I was there for a week and THAT sucked. Our kids would probably do fine without him but I would rather have him go home and tell them about the baby and everything and then come back to bring me home.

*Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!*
August 16th, 2013, 09:28 AM
MamaLaurie's Avatar Veteran
My hubby always stays the night with me. We are lucky to have Grandma so close and she usually takes all the kids for a good week or so. It's really nice, but it also feels good to get them all back home again.
August 16th, 2013, 03:01 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
i'm thinking i'm going to have mine stay at home with ours at night. my kids are 2 & 1, so its just much easier if they sleep at home in their own space and while i'm sure my mom would stay with them, its just as easy for daddy to stay with them. the REAL reason is that he makes me IN.SANE. in the hospital griping about how he's tired and he's not helpful at all...he just snores and pisses me off as i get up to feed the baby and get woken by my nurse and the nursery nurses. and then he has the nerve to tell me he's tired. so he can stay home with them and at least then he can take a shower, get dressed, eat, and keep them happy. we'll work on getting babysitters during the day or he can bring them to the hospital for a little while. i don't want to be alone the whole time but i can certainly manage the overnight thing!!

the only reason i'd have him stay is if for some reason i go into labor late at night or something.
Dolly Lama likes this.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
August 16th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd rather him be home with the kids - his snoring and whatever else would get on my nerves. Besides that, how could he really help me? Open up my gown and pull out a boob?
iCathy likes this.
August 17th, 2013, 01:51 AM
bevyvuska's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to bevyvuska
I think he'll go home. Since I know I will be in for at least 2 nights, just better he does that. Grandma would gladly take care of Colin, just think having Daddy home would be better. Since I have done a couple serious hospital stays in the not so distant past, I want them to make sure Colin knows this is nothing like those!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search