sex to induce?

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Sk8ermaiden
  • 1 Post By kimberlyw
  • 1 Post By Grlsshp9
  • 1 Post By AIK112018

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Grlsshp9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Has this worked for anyone in previous pregnancies, or have you known anyone that this worked on? I'm really thinking your body has to already be ready for this to work, but im willing to give this pain a go if it means I could go into labor! Sex is so uncomfortable at this point in my pregnancy..

August 16th, 2013, 07:55 PM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it really does help, but not like magic or anything. It ripens your cervix and stimulates contractions. It's common to get really crampy afterward. Hopefully one time the cramps won't quit! The more ready you are to begin with, the more it may push it over the edge, ya know?

[/url]

August 16th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Yeah! I would hope it would help, but ive had sex with him and it never made me crampy or anything it just hurt really bad, maybe since im further along it would help..

August 16th, 2013, 09:35 PM
amyhk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Let's just say I had sex at 37 weeks 4 days and then he was born 37 weeks 5 days.

August 17th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyhk View Post
Let's just say I had sex at 37 weeks 4 days and then he was born 37 weeks 5 days.
I would cry happy tears if that happened. Haha I want her out!

August 17th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No, it doesn't work until your body is ready, otherwise babies would never go overdue, lol! The number one thing it helps with is effacement, because semen is a prostiglandin.

And like my 50-year-old, super Christian midwife called out the door after me at 41 weeks in my last pregnancy..."Preferably with orgasm!!" I nearly died. Orgasms release Oxytocin, the natural Pitocin.

But yeah, like walking, pumping, pineapple, spicy food, etc...nothing will work until baby is ready to come. I speak from loooots of experience.
TnPhotoMama81 and sophielee like this.

August 17th, 2013, 08:54 AM
MamaLaurie's Avatar Veteran
Never worked for me! I did go into labor twice within hours of eating spicy Mexican food, though. The last time even that didn't work for me.
August 17th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Like the other ladies said, the semen helps with effacement, but I wouldn't think it would bring on labor. DH and I have a very active sex life throughout pregnancy, and it won't do anything to bring on labor unless you are already ready for labor GL though!
TnPhotoMama81 likes this.

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
August 17th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Thanks ladies, just wondering.

August 17th, 2013, 10:25 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
It has never worked for me either but it is worth a try like anything it won't help really unless your body is ready.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
August 18th, 2013, 03:52 AM
mommyof4plus's Avatar Veteran
Location: Where the grass grows and there's lots of rain & trees
Nope..

I believe what leads to labor can be a few things...

your placenta is too old and decided it's time... possibly decrease in amniotic fluid which tells your body its time... these effect hormones and baby comes out...

Of course we know other things can cause early labor too...

But sex never worked for me
August 18th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Heidijens1's Avatar Super Mommy
4 bbaies before this one and it hasn't worked for any of them. But neither has walking, using the swings at the park, eating pineapple, have mebranes swept ( when I was at a 4 at 37 weeks!!)
Sometimes we just have to wait for our bodies/ baby to be ready.
August 18th, 2013, 09:19 AM
I'm anxious but i can wait. I was just wondering if anyone has experienced this.
AIK112018 likes this.

August 19th, 2013, 08:01 AM
AIK112018's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
it worked for me in my first pregnancy but it wasnt intentional. I went into labor WHILE we were dtd. RRLT worked for me with my second pregnancy... but it didnt happen right away... i drank it everyday for a week before i went into labor. Semen contains prostaglandins which ripen the cervix. Orgasm can trigger contractions.

Relaxation can help. Stress can supress the flow of oxytocin. Sometimes reading a good book, going out to dinner or taking a warm bath can be the best things to bring on labor.

Walking bouncing/rocking on a birthing ball. Gravity can help the baby descend into the pelvis. Any pressure they put on the cervix can help make changes.

Raspberry leaf tea will help tone your uterus and make contractions before, during and after labor more effective. you can buy this at health food stores (i found some at a local grocery store). Drink 1-2 cups a days starting any time in pregnancy. You can drink more cups as your pregnancy reaches term. Just keep up with drinking water too.

nipple stimulation releases oxytocin which can help induce labor as well....

But DITTO to everyone else, none of this will help unless baby is ready to come out...
Grlsshp9 likes this.
August 19th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Yeah, we dtd last night, and this is my third day using a stability ball. Nick did some accupressure on me last night but i dont really believe in that, I kind of just had him do it to see if he would, lol! Not too much longer to go. I'm hoping the full moon will break my water!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search