So done - bit of a rant

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Veteran
A couple days away from 38 weeks and I am done done done. I'm sick of having insomnia, out of control emotions, incrssant crying, headaches, one foot swollen so bad by 9am every day the skin looks like it will crack, random sciatic pain, a baby that gets more posterior by the day, and a to do list that seems to get longer YET still having to go to work, get in my hours, sleep in my left side, exercise and deal with my in-laws. I'm so tired right now I'm actually scared to go into labor because I would be a wreck. My mid wife's attitude ("that's just the third trimester...") is not helping.
August 19th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I'm sorry you're having such a tough time. Out of curiosity, have you had the swelling in your foot evaluated? Swelling in and of itself isn't necessarily a big deal (medically, speaking - I know it's hugely uncomfortable - my feet and sometimes ankles have been looking like elephant toes by the end of the day) but swelling on only one side can sometimes be indicative of something more serious.

In any case, not much longer, mama! I'm sorry you're feeling dismissed by your caregiver too. That's never fun.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
August 19th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Veteran
I mention it every appointment
August 19th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry! I totally understand being so close to the end and feeling like you don't have the energy to actually go through labor and delivery. Hopefully you can get some relaxation/sleep and feel better before the big day hits!

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
August 19th, 2013, 08:22 AM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What does she say about the swollen foot? That sounds a little excessive.

If your midwife is not a CNM (Certified Nurse Midwife), I would make an appointment with an OB and ask about it. Unlike CPMs, CNMs have a master's degree and are RNs, so they are more trained in medicine. I would get a second opinion on the foot.

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. I don't think it's "just the 3rd trimester." For some women it's rougher going than others, but not everyone is quite that miserable. I've never worked in the 3rd trimester... I can't imagine that. I think the best thing you can do if you possibly can is quit work or cut down on your hours big time. You need to rest. Like you said, you do not want to go into labor when you're already exhausted. Toward the end, it's a good idea to try to get extra sleep. Stay active, but if you feel drained, try to lay down frequently because your body may *delay* labor if you don't have the energy, and if it does, you do not want to be exhausted before it even gets going.

You need some time to relax. You might have to be a bit inconvenient for other people (i.e. your boss, co-workers, whatever) in order to get the rest you really need right now.

Hang in there!

BTW, with my first pregnancy I was SOO sick of laying on my left side but since all the baby books say that's "best" I refused to sleep any other way. PLEASE feel free to sleep on your right side!!! Don't put yourself through that if that's part of your sleeping problem. I think the left side thing is emphasized too much and makes mamas paranoid. It's already hard enough to sleep. We don't need to worry about our baby suffocating to death because we are sleeping on our right side. (Gimme a break.) If you shouldn't be sleeping a certain way, you will probably be pretty darn uncomfortable (like on your back). I say definitely feel free to switch from left to right during the night. If I couldn't roll over frequently all night long, from one side to the other, I would NOT sleep. Oh, my aching bones. lol

Just thought I'd throw that in in case it's preventing sleep for you...

[/url]

August 19th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Heidijens1's Avatar Super Mommy
Aww.. It is so hard at the end. I hope your baby comes soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search