~ September 2013 DDC MOTW: bevyvuska ~

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bevyvuska
  • 1 Post By Anitha

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith

Good morning ladies! Please welcome one our next two fabulous Mommies of the Week, bevyvuska!

Name? Beverly

Where are you from? California - Born & raised Northern California Girl. Mainly around the Bay Area (San Jose, Morgan Hill) but lived in Trinadad (by Eureka) when I was little & LOVED it. Also spent the last 12 years in Placerville, but am not back to the rat race.

How many weeks along are you now? 37 weeks 2 days

Team blue, pink or green? BLUE!

Tell us 3 things that we might not have already known about you! (Fun facts, interests, hobbies, etc.)

1) I was homeschooled for the last 3 years of High School & actually started community college when I was 15.

2) I am a total movie buff. My DVD collection is kinda ridiculous.

3) I love to cook & experiment. I have a large collection of cookbooks, but I never cook by recipe (unless baking). I use them for inspiration & tweak things constantly.

At our wedding 17 years ago (Oct 26)

Us with my mom and "baby" brother

Phoebe with 1 week old Colin

Dash and Phoebe

Colin - Kindergarten

One of my favorite pictures of Jason & I. This was in England in 2006

Go ahead, ladies! Ask her anything!

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
August 19th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
You cook like I do!

Is your ds excited about having a little brother?

Did you home school for any other years, or just those three years? If so, what made you switch from public school to home school?

How old are your puppies?

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
August 19th, 2013, 07:24 AM
manda622's Avatar First Time Mommy-To-Be
That's how I cook too!

Do you like that you were home schooled, or do you feel like you missed out? I don't think we will go that route, but I am interested in the possibility of home schooling...

What's your favorite movie? Or if it's too hard to pick- top 5?

How did you and DH meet?

BFP: 1/31/2013
First OB Visit: 02/19/2013
Dating Ultrasound: 02/20/2013 Got to see the baby move! HB 170!
Level 2 Ultrasound: 4/24/2013 It's a boy! HB 148!

August 19th, 2013, 07:38 AM
AIK112018's Avatar Elizabeth
I was homeschooled too!

Do you have a name for your baby yet?

How did you announce your pregnancy to your son?

Your dogs are adorable! Have they reacted to your pregnancy at all? My cat wont leave my belly alone
August 19th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Is your son super excited about getting a baby brother?

You mentioned going to England, do you travel often?

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
August 19th, 2013, 10:19 AM
bevyvuska's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to bevyvuska
Is your ds excited about having a little brother? Yes - he calls him Brother or Our Baby right now. He actually said the other day that when his brother gets here, he will be soo busy because he will do everything.

Did you home school for any other years, or just those three years? If so, what made you switch from public school to home school? There was 9.5 yrs between me & my brother. When they decided homeschool was the best thing for him, they decided it would be for me as well. Even though I wouldn't change a thing, since I met a couple of my best friends through the Homeschool route, I still think it was kind of a dumb idea to take me out of "regular" school for the last 3 years of HS.

How old are your puppies? Dash is about 5-6yrs old & Phoebe is now almost 12.

August 19th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Do you like that you were home schooled, or do you feel like you missed out? I don't think we will go that route, but I am interested in the possibility of home schooling... I think they have improved the options available for homeschooling, as well as increasing the social aspect with Charter schools or groups that get together for activities, sports or field trips. So I think if you're inclined to do it, just make sure you find out about all the groups in your area. For me, since it was literally the last 3 years of HS, I didn't like it. I tried to keep up with some of my friends from school & go to games, but it was difficult. Missed out on the social things that happen in those last years, Prom, homecoming, etc. I lucked out in that when I started at the community college, for their HS program, one of my best friends from school graduated & started the following year, since he was 2 yrs ahead of me.

What's your favorite movie? Or if it's too hard to pick- top 5?

It is hard to pick a favorite since I have eclectic taste.
The original Star Wars trilogy
The Princess Bride
Gone with the Wind
Gigi
Fiddler on the Roof

How did you and DH meet? We actually met online, kind of pre-internet. We started chatting on a local BBS (Bulletin board system) & became good friends. We met about a month after we started talking (Jan 93). Neither of us were looking for anything more. Though the minute he walked in, there was a voice in my head that said he's the man you're going to marry. Freaked me out. NOT what I wanted right then. We actually went out a few times, then went our separate ways for about a year & then a friend of his got us back together & we have been together ever since.
manda622 likes this.

August 19th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Do you have a name for your baby yet? Nope. We have been paring down the list so we will have some ideas on Friday. Figuring he'll get his name the same way our son did, after we have held him for a bit & what seems to feel right.

How did you announce your pregnancy to your son? My mom & brother happened to be over at the same time, so we all sat outside by the pool & Jason held him & told him that Mommy was going to be having a baby & that he was going to be a big brother. His reaction was priceless!! His jaw kinda dropped & he said REALLY!?!?! When asked if he wanted a brother or sister, he said either was fine with him. Then when J set him down, he said "Finally!!"

Your dogs are adorable! Have they reacted to your pregnancy at all? My cat wont leave my belly alone Thanks! Actually neither has acted much different. Phoebe knows something is going on with me, since she keeps watch wherever I go. She did that after my accident also. She didn't have much reaction when I was pregnant with Colin either, but after he came, she was his guardian & adored him from day 1. Our cat Wiley likes to lay on the belly, but he's not quite doing what our cat Mercury did when I was pregnant with Colin. Mercury would come & specifically lay & purr on the belly. Though he made it clear he was there for the baby bump NOT me. Before this he'd face me & looked for rubs, but when he was doing that he would face away & look at me funny if I pet him while he did this.

August 19th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Is your son super excited about getting a baby brother? Yes, though since my C-section is scheduled for Friday, he is getting a little nervous about what it will really be like. Though he is wanting to help & be involved as much as he can.

You mentioned going to England, do you travel often? Wish we could. Unfortunately England was the only trip we took out of the country together. We went for 3 weeks to visit an old friend of Jason's he hadn't seen in 15 years. Colin was actually conceived on that trip. Before that, the only world traveling was done by DH for business & 1 boys trip with his best friend since 1st grade to Switzerland, Germany & the Netherlands. I had been to Costa Rica as a teenager on a church choir trip, only other traveling was seeing almost all the continental US states as a kid with my family. Unfortunately, finances & life hasn't let us do as much as we would have liked.

August 19th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Veteran
Cute photos!
If you could take your family anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
How old is your DS now? What is his favourite subject in school?
Would you consider home schooling your LOs?
August 19th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Cute photos! Thanks!

If you could take your family anywhere in the world, where would you choose?We would love to go tour Ireland. It would be nice to see the places where DH's family came from.

How old is your DS now? What is his favourite subject in school? DS is 6 & just started 1st grade. He likes everything, but is really good in Math & Reading.

Would you consider home schooling your LOs? No, it's not for me. We keep his brain stimulated when he find some of the school work too easy. I need to work & can't be a SAHM for a whole lot longer. I enjoy the time with my boy (soon to be boys) but I am really missing having something outside of home.

August 20th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The ladies beat me to most of the questions I'd have asked. Just wanted to say, enjoyed getting to know more about you and your family
bevyvuska likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search