Stretching or Contractions??

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By Dolly Lama
  • 3 Post By mirdeemrlvs
  • 3 Post By Dolly Lama
  • 2 Post By manda622
  • 1 Post By My3His1
  • 1 Post By Kai452
  • 1 Post By rebecca0217

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Super Mommy
holy heck, this baby likes to stretch all the time. they are so painful. most of the time I can't tell the difference between a full on stretch and a contraction!
Or maybe its even constipation pains too....

feelign dumb b/c this is my 3rd ;\

Last edited by stacyag; August 19th, 2013 at 10:26 AM.
August 19th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Don't feel too badly because this is my 3rd and I have trouble telling too at times. As you know, depending on which way they're moving, it can be quite uncomfortable. Plus, I don't know about anyone else, but I have a sensitive/irritable uterus - when my midwife presses my belly everything immediately tightens up, so maybe when the baby is stretching, the same thing happens? There's not much that is pleasant at this point in pregnancy, is there?
stacyag likes this.
August 19th, 2013, 11:48 AM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is my 5th and I still get confused about which pain is what... I think every pregnancy is different and none of us are experts! Unless I am concentrating on what I am feeling, I get mixed up... but, I think they kind of run together. Like, as soon as I have a contraction, I instantly have to go pee. Or, if I get up to go pee, I usually have a contraction... So, idk... lol

August 19th, 2013, 01:25 PM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Usually real contractions will feel more like achy or crampy in my experience. But sometimes one pain (like even bm pain, or stretching pain) can actually bring on a contraction at the same time. It's like it irritates your uterus or something. So that could be why you have a hard time telling the difference. Sometimes even when my bladder is really full and then I go pee, just the action of peeing and my bladder shrinking quickly brings on a contraction. lol

Weird stuff.

[/url]

August 19th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Sometimes even when my bladder is really full and then I go pee, just the action of peeing and my bladder shrinking quickly brings on a contraction. lol
I thought for sure that I *had* to be the only one! As you said, it almost seems like anything even remotely irritating seems to bring on a contraction...if they were actually doing anything besides being annoying, this baby should just fall out when the time comes. lol
August 20th, 2013, 12:52 AM
Veteran
My baby is stretching like crazy a lot, and man it hurts like hell. I still haven't had much in the contraction department, or they are so mild I am not noticing. I've had very occasional BH but usually I felt them when I am a little stressed or haven't had water in awhile.
August 20th, 2013, 06:15 AM
manda622's Avatar First Time Mommy-To-Be
I'm pretty sure I've had BH and gas pains simultaneously. Freaked the hell outta me the first time it happened because I thought maybe it was a real contraction. I'm a ftm and trying to figure out what is what is really confusing. But, I know plenty of moms who have had multiple pregnancies who still have trouble figuring out what is what. There's just too much going on in our bodies and I think every pregnancy is different!
stacyag and My3His1 like this.

BFP: 1/31/2013
First OB Visit: 02/19/2013
Dating Ultrasound: 02/20/2013 Got to see the baby move! HB 170!
Level 2 Ultrasound: 4/24/2013 It's a boy! HB 148!

August 20th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by manda622 View Post
I'm pretty sure I've had BH and gas pains simultaneously. Freaked the hell outta me the first time it happened because I thought maybe it was a real contraction. I'm a ftm and trying to figure out what is what is really confusing. But, I know plenty of moms who have had multiple pregnancies who still have trouble figuring out what is what. There's just too much going on in our bodies and I think every pregnancy is different!
OMG I had the worst gas EVER a few nights ago and it was giving me contractions on top of the gas pains. Terrible!

I also get contractions when I pee if I wait too long to go and get too full. lol
manda622 likes this.
DS ~ October 2007
August 23rd, 2013, 12:22 PM
Veteran
I'm glad it's not just me. I have no idea what I'm feeling, I just know it's uncomfortable as hell.
stacyag likes this.
August 23rd, 2013, 12:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Its amazing how often that happens. She likes to stretch and move and sometimes it really hurts and my belly gets hard...wouldn't be surprised if her doing all that moving causes contractions. The nice thing is though that I doubt any of us will confuse the baby stretching with real labor
Dolly Lama likes this.

*Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!*
August 23rd, 2013, 03:26 PM
No chance of confusion there!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search