The insomnia is KILLING me!

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By iCathy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2013, 05:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Last night DH and I went and traded in our Chevy Traverse for a Ford Expedition so the kids would have more room with the baby seat being added. At the dealership I started having BH with some pretty intense cramping down low (just above my pubic bone). They were coming every 3-5 minutes. This went on for a few hours - until I went to bed just before 11pm. The BH calmed down, but I could NOT sleep. I tossed and turned and stared at the walls all night long. About 2:30am I went downstairs and switched my laundry to the dryer (I forgot about a load I put in before bed). I also took some Benedryl and tried to go back to sleep. I woke up for good just before 6am. I went downstairs and folded the clothes, picked up some blankets in the living room left out last night, and did the dishes from last night. I haven't been able to keep down much food - I feel super nauseous probably because of lack of sleep. Also I have had 2 BM this morning which is odd because I usually only have one every other day - sorry I know that was TMI. I am beginning to wonder if we have caught yet another stomach bug:/ UGH! On top of all this, I have to get ready to leave in 2 hrs for my u/s so they can check on Guy's kidney. Tonight we have open house at the high school and middle school for my two oldest kids, so going to bed early isn't going to happen. I really wish I could fall asleep. I have never had insomnia so badly before!

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
August 21st, 2013, 06:13 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Ugh, I'm so sorry! That sounds miserable! I've been pretty lucky when it comes to sleep - it's certainly not as peaceful as it was pre-pregnancy and some nights suck (I think last night I got up to pee 5 times) but I generally get a decent rest. I know how awful I feel when I don't, though. Stinks you had a night like that right before such a busy day. I hope tonight you get a little more rest!

Good luck at your u/s too!

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
August 21st, 2013, 08:38 AM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yuck. I'm sorry you're so exhausted. I have had some serious insomnia lately, too (peeing 3-4 times a night, too hot, achy hips, restless, etc, etc). But it sounds like all those BH could have been doing something to your cervix if they were achy and lasted that long! Maybe that and the bm changes mean it won't be long? When do you usually deliver?

Hope you can get some sleep tonight!

[/url]

August 21st, 2013, 10:13 AM
MamaLaurie's Avatar Veteran
I've been having trouble too. It's been hot, my hips ache, and I'm peeing all the time. I just keep telling myself to get used to it, because this is what it will be like once baby comes. At least then we won't be up all night peeing. Hope you can catch a nap today and get some sleep tonight.
August 21st, 2013, 11:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My last two boys (my 4yo and 13 yo) were both born at 36 weeks 6 days. Maybe it won't be too long away - I am thinking in 2-3 weeks honestly

I will update about the u/s tonight - right now my phone is exploding with calls:/ It wasn't the greatest of news, but not the worst....

August 21st, 2013, 12:34 PM
iCathy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
(((hugs))) I get you about the insomnia! I'm so freakin' tired ALL.THE.TIME! I can't concentrate at work, I'm anxious driving my kids around because I'm so tired. I'm grumpy. If I'm going to be this tired, I want to have a good excuse, like a NEWBORN!
kimberlyw likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my sweet siggy!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 22nd, 2013, 05:53 AM
manda622's Avatar First Time Mommy-To-Be
Mine was pretty bad last week, but this week I've been able to sleep pretty well. Well, as well as can be expected. lol. I'm so sorry you had such a bad night right before a busy day like that. It's sooooo frustrating to watch the clock in the middle of the night knowing that all that opportunity for needed rest is just slipping away.

BFP: 1/31/2013
First OB Visit: 02/19/2013
Dating Ultrasound: 02/20/2013 Got to see the baby move! HB 170!
Level 2 Ultrasound: 4/24/2013 It's a boy! HB 148!

August 22nd, 2013, 07:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, last night I made up for it lol! I was in bed and asleep around 10pm. My 13yo got up with the younger kids this morning and got them cinnamon toast, put on cartoons, and played with them to let me sleep in until 9:15am!!! That is SUPER late for me lol! IT was awesome!

August 22nd, 2013, 07:29 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
ugh that is miserable. my kids are finally sleeping and i find myself getting up like 2 & 3 times a night. i was up at 5:30 to pee, then coudln't go back to sleep, my husband got up for work.then both kids started making noise and we were all up at 7:20 for the day...but yeah i never really went back to sleep after 5:30. this crap sucks. big time.

congrats on the new ride, i know lots of people love their expeditions.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search