I wish pregnant women could get away with murder sometimes...

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By My3His1

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2013, 06:40 PM
Badass
I've been living happily in my house now for 2 years, we have never had a party here and never play loud music as we are respectful people.

At the beginning of the month a new bunch of people moved into the house that is in front of ours and since that day there is music playing 24/7, people drinking Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday night (so we get Tuesdays off) and constant yelling coming from the house. Yes, students with absolutely NO concern for anyone else have moved in and it is driving me absolutely insane.

I could handle it if they didn't play music during the day so that I could sleep at least then but it is every single morning and every single night. Noise control where I live are pathetic, they turn up to the house, tell them to turn it down and that is it, end of story. I've tried everything to get them to be nice, I even wrote them a letter explaining they live next to a heavily pregnant woman and still no change. I currently have the TV up so loud it is hard to concentrate on what I'm typing and I can STILL hear the bass of their stereo over top of that...

Thankfully my partner is in the information business so with him losing out on sleep and him having to put up with a constantly crying over-tired pregnant whale he has managed to find the owner of the houses number and is going to give them hell tonight.

OH! Not to mention we live right next to a kindergarten and a primary school and our neighbours smash alcohol bottles outside their house so it's actually endangering CHILDREN too.

Sorry, I just wanted to let that out because my entire body was screaming for me to either go next door and go mental at them or to give in and have a smoke to calm down. My blood pressure is already through the roof without this stuff!
August 22nd, 2013, 06:59 PM
Cccbb61013's Avatar Veteran
I would've called the police the first night & every night thereafter they bothered me. I'd also find out who the landlord is & let them know about it too. A year ago we moved into a nice, quiet neighborhood with a wide, freshly paved street. That during the school year a******e parent & bus drivers seem to think is a NASCAR speedway. One day I counted 8 buses come up my street & that was after I started counting. We are about 3-4 very large sized blocks from an elementary school on a random side street. The only reason people take it is because it's wide & paved. I emailed the director of the busing company & voiced my concerns. He was nice & asked for bus #s, but did manage to make a snide comment about the parents picking up the kids are the most dangerous drivers. I know! They fly up & down my street! Last year I used to purposely back out of my driveway & drive slowly in front of these jerk parents & they would get so mad. This year, being this far pregnant, who knows what I'll do, but it won't be pretty!

Edit::::I'm lurking from oct DDC. Your story got my BP up as well, that I didn't even bother to introduce myself!

Last edited by Cccbb61013; August 22nd, 2013 at 07:02 PM.
August 22nd, 2013, 07:01 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Loud, inconsiderate neighbors are the worst! The people who lived underneath us in our former apartment were similar - TV was ALWAYS blaring, then they would shout OVER the TV at each other when they wanted to talk, they slammed doors... There were times where it sounded like they were moving furniture at 11:00 pm. They would smoke directly outside of our apartment so my living room smelled like cigarettes all the time (and they were heavy smokers, too - more than once per hour), even though they had a back door and a patio area that was totally separate from our doors, they would choose to do it in front of the entryway to both of our apartments instead. They'd also leave their butts all over the sidewalk and entryway. They babysat 2-3 little kids on a regular basis, and leave them unattended in the apartment while they went out to smoke (and when I say "little kids" I mean they were all 6 or younger), and the kids would scream and bang into walls constantly. I mean, I used to smoke - I get that you need to go somewhere - but I never left butts everywhere and would never do it directly outside of someone else's house (and they knew I was pregnant, too). I complained to management and they called them once, but nothing really changed.

Do you have a homeowner's association or anything you could speak to? I think talking to the owners would be a good start, too.

In the meantime, I'm sorry. That just sucks.

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
August 22nd, 2013, 11:02 PM
Veteran
Ugh! I hate 'undergrad season'! My academic life goes from being super peaceful and quiet to being full of obnoxious drunks. Hope someone can help you out!
August 23rd, 2013, 02:53 AM
Badass
Cccbb61013:

We have decided not to play nice any more with them so only time will tell if it works. My partner called their landlord the second he got home, he's absolutely sick of them as it's affecting his work not getting enough sleep now. Good on you for driving slow and annoying them, I know I wouldn't hesitate to do the same! Our street is super tight (can barely fit ONE car down at a time) and has speed bumps and everything because of the old boy racers and a dance school opened up a few months ago so all the parent's park down our street making it **** near impossible to get home some days and we have even been parked in a few times! Unfortunately our city council didn't pay much attention to our complaints about that

Also, I've been known to lurk on the October DDC as well since I'm at the end of September

Keakie:

Wow, sounds like everyone has had a run in with horrible neighbours at some point or another, but your ones sounds horrible! Bet you were glad to get out of that place! It's just sad because me and my partner love our house because it is so central where we live and will come in handy with this little one (as I said, we have a kindergarten AND primary school down the road) so it's sad when other people can just come in and completely ruin the whole experience!

There isn't a homeowner's association here, but my partner talked to the landlords of the house and they seemed to be equally concerned about the broken glass out front (my partner also dropped the "my partner is due to give birth next month" for extra sympathy) so only time will tell whether they sort it or not.

littlecatlady:

Yeah, we have had a few seasons of students come and go but the others at least had basic rules that me and my partner could abide by (such as only drinking and partying on Friday and Saturday night) because my partner has a Monday-Friday job. These ones are rude, they are noisy, they are messy and they NEVER seem to sleep. They started drinking at 12pm today (Friday for me) and are still going now at almost 9pm... I'm so tired all the time without their help this is so annoying!
August 23rd, 2013, 08:22 AM
Veteran
Probably a good thing pregnant women can't get away with murder, or I'd be a widow now LOL

Sorry your neighbors suck. I once had neighbors that never supervised their kids and let them play ding dong ditch all over the complex late at night and early in the morning. So annoying! Thankfully I wasn't pregnant at the time or I would have flipped my lid. I hope the landlord takes care of them. As annoying as they are now, it will be even worse if they are keeping a baby from sleep :/
mommyof4plus likes this.
DS ~ October 2007
August 23rd, 2013, 08:27 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Quote:
Originally Posted by My3His1 View Post
it will be even worse if they are keeping a baby from sleep :/
I was thinking that too.

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
August 23rd, 2013, 10:14 AM
Veteran
Man your neighbors sound horrible! I don't want to kill people, but wild life.. That is another story! We have 2 wild geese hanging around the pine trees in the park/open field, next to our house, 50m away from bedroom windows, "worshiping" the sun every morning for 2-5 hours, and sometimes all day. They are extremely loud. I get woken up quite often from them. Going to suck going into summer here, and the sun comes up at 5am. Then besides the wild geese, there is murder of crows. They are also flipping loud and also hang out in the pine trees outside our house.

For people, there is the neighbor who has for the last 3 years always renovating something. So the sounds of drills, saws, sanders, etc most afternoons, precludes an afternoon nap. Then there are the kids next door, on the trampoline every afternoon its not raining for a couple hours. That sound gets very annoying and irritating. One of those on you last nerve type of noises. At least though, most evenings from 7pm on the neighborhood is quite quiet. I was just whining to my husband and best friend the other day, that I wish for just one quiet day noise free day. Just one, its all I ask! My baby better be able to sleep through all the noise or I will be in a load of trouble.
August 23rd, 2013, 01:32 PM
Veteran
Remember babies cry at all hours of the day and night. Especially at 400 am when every partier has just settled down to sleep.. Sometimes they are only settled down by getting fresh air outside at 400 am.

Seriously though, I feel for you. I was just discussing something similar with my mom last night. We were reminiscing about all the stuff we put up with at our house. basketball games across the street at all hours, the odd police car stopped at the neighbours house at 2 am with the sirens blaring because they left the squad car to chse kids through the neighbourhood etc.

I hope you get some resolution soon. Sleep depriation is not pretty, especially with a baby on the way.
August 23rd, 2013, 05:10 PM
mommyof4plus's Avatar Veteran
Location: Where the grass grows and there's lots of rain & trees
I'd call the police every day! Bug them enough to drive them crazy enough to make your neighbors life a living hell. I would probably also waltz up to their house and complain every single night. Being a person who has worked nights for years, I've found it vital to have a floor fan... when turned up on high it blocks out a ton of noise! Butt heads!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search