A new view

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 4 Post By 321abc
  • 2 Post By Keakie
  • 2 Post By 321abc
  • 1 Post By mirdeemrlvs
  • 2 Post By TaraJo29
  • 1 Post By ValyntineG

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2013, 09:36 AM
321abc
Yesterday I was soooo frustrated! Literally at my breaking point. I bawled like a baby for a good thirty minutes. This has been a much more complicated pregnancy than my last and more painful. I was just past ready for her to be born. I've prayed about it a lot and decided that as long as it's safe for baby and I, I am going to let her decide when it is time even if I have a favorable cervix at my next appointment.
I will be 39 weeks tomorrow but I've always thought tomorrow was my due date. Even if she doesn't come then, that's fine! I can handle this. It's important to me that she be as healthy as she can be and I really want to find out if I can do this on my own. The odds of me having an induction without pain meds are pretty slim. And I DO NOT want an epidural this time. I want my body to just do its thing.

We are women! God created us to have children. We CAN do this. Every last one of us.
August 23rd, 2013, 09:42 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I'm glad that you're feeling more confident and empowered today. I think it's perfectly normal to have moments/hours/days/weeks where you feel overwhelmed and "done" and ready for LO to be here already. You're right, though - you CAN do this, and your baby girl WILL make her appearance when the time is right. I promise you won't be pregnant forever!

I hope you feeling refreshed helps you to power through the last little bit of time and have the birth you want.
TaraJo29 and 321abc like this.

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
August 23rd, 2013, 10:12 AM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my mood changes by the minute. My due date is tomorrow and I have an appointment this morning. If my dr. offered for me to be induced today I'd have a hard time saying no. Most likely we will schedule induction for next week. I'm struggling really hard with my emotions.

August 23rd, 2013, 10:32 AM
321abc
I just keep reminding myself that I've been pregnant since the end of December. What's another week or so? It's another week that I get to give my undivided attention to my 20 month old and another week I get to have a baby in my womb (this is probably my last)
It is more important to me to have a natural labor than it is to get her here early just because I'm tired of being pregnant.
Dolly Lama and MamaLaurie like this.
August 23rd, 2013, 10:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My mood changes daily too - I am not quite ready for Guy to come yet though. I am still waiting on the play yard and co-sleeper (won't be here until the end of next week). I know that once I hit full term I will be super anxious to meet him though I can certainly understand your frustration and struggle - I hope to go naturally this time too. I have had to have pitocin in 4 of my five births so far (the only one pitocin free was a partial placental abruption which was actually more intense and painful than my augmented labors) and needed help with pain management because of it. I would love to let my body just do its own thing this time

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
August 23rd, 2013, 11:00 AM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberlyw View Post
My mood changes daily too - I am not quite ready for Guy to come yet though. I am still waiting on the play yard and co-sleeper (won't be here until the end of next week). I know that once I hit full term I will be super anxious to meet him though I can certainly understand your frustration and struggle - I hope to go naturally this time too. I have had to have pitocin in 4 of my five births so far (the only one pitocin free was a partial placental abruption which was actually more intense and painful than my augmented labors) and needed help with pain management because of it. I would love to let my body just do its own thing this time
It's almost like I have no faith that my body can do it on it's own (on time anyway)

ds#1- took a laxative and walked literally ALL night- exhausted myself, but he was born (6 days past due)
dd#1- two WEEKS late and had to be induced
dd#2- 4 days past due, membrane stripped, short labor.... only one that was natural.
dd#3- they induced one week early due to dd#2 being stuck and 9lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skye10 View Post
I just keep reminding myself that I've been pregnant since the end of December. What's another week or so? It's another week that I get to give my undivided attention to my 20 month old and another week I get to have a baby in my womb (this is probably my last)
It is more important to me to have a natural labor than it is to get her here early just because I'm tired of being pregnant.
I agree about natural labor, I just have a hard time believing it will actually happen on it's own and I am worried about having a 9lb er again. My daughter got stuck coming out.
321abc likes this.

Last edited by mirdeemrlvs; August 23rd, 2013 at 11:03 AM.
August 23rd, 2013, 11:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
^^I have a hard time trusting my body too. With all my labors I start off feeling nauseous/vomiting and dilate to about 4cm. At that point I have regular contractions (according to monitors), but I feel no pain. Because of the worry that I will labor for days and deliver in a parking lot or car the docs usually augment with pitocin to speed things up once I hit 4-5cm. With my last one I was induced at 39 weeks because of high blood pressure. I am pretty sure I am already dilating, but I really just want to go on my own even if it means not feeling anything until I need to push haha! I wish I could have a "normal" labor though....maybe this time will be the one for me

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
August 23rd, 2013, 11:09 AM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
aww, I totally understand the mood swings. I bawl at the drop of a hat. Some days I have a ton of energy and some days I literally feel like I can do nothing except lay on the couch. Some days I'm panicking about the delivery and some days I'm confident.

You can definitely do this. Waiting is so hard!! I'm 38 weeks today so now every day I'm thinking "maybe today." Oy. It makes time drag so bad. But letting your body go into labor on its own, if you can, usually makes the process SO much easier. And, you're right, you have a better chance of going med-free, too, if that's what you want to do.

Now let's go for a jog and eat some spicy tacos!!! lol
321abc and Keakie like this.

[/url]

August 23rd, 2013, 11:14 AM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
sidenote: Interesting, Kim! Now you are getting my hopes up with your nausea thing. lol I have had some nausea coming and going the last couple days (which is really weird for me). Pretty sure it's hormonal because I don't seem to be sick at all. I wondered if it could be an early sign that labor will start relatively soon... please oh please.

[/url]

August 23rd, 2013, 11:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have been emotional too. Yesterday I felt like baby is never going to come out. I am only 37 weeks so I really shouldn't feel that way, but I am just really anxious to meet her. I feel like my body is not mine anymore...I can't cuddle with my kids easily cuz they seem to be all elbows and knees, esp my youngest. I just want to be able to hold them without the belly!! I am also nervous about her timing, hoping that she comes at a time when babysitters are quickly available and that the MW on call is not one of the 2 I don't really know. I worry about the older kids missing me, I worry about things getting complicated like last time. I worry about some ********* getting me sick right before labor starts...I worry about our hunt for a bigger vehicle and I pray that one of DH's projects takes off soon. I am terrible at waiting...not to mention, even though its such a low priorty, there are these consignment sales coming up in September 2 weekends in a row and if she comes on her due date I know I won't be able to go to the first one and the 2nd might not work either depending on her health....silly I know. ANyways, I think we all get a little nuts and bipolar like the last few weeks just sitting here waiting for our bodies to be ready to push these little ppl out!!!

*Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!*
August 23rd, 2013, 04:46 PM
Veteran
I totally agree on the moody thing... I cried three times yesterday! Twice at a tv show, and once because I COULD NOT get my almost 2 yr old to go down for her nap, and she was screaming and kicking, and I couldn't do anything to stop it.

I am super excited to hit 37 weeks on Sunday, because it means I am officially in the "hot zone" where I can have my home birth if I go into labor! I am rooting for early rather than late... but have been told that since it is my first, I will likely go late. Oh well. Here's hoping that the next few weeks and days bring lots of little ones to this group, even though it isn't September yet.

August 23rd, 2013, 04:49 PM
ValyntineG's Avatar Based on a True Story
Love reading stuff like this
321abc likes this.

claire1979 is my siggy hero

www.etsy.com/shop/68cents
Go there. Buy stuff.

August 23rd, 2013, 05:06 PM
mommyof4plus's Avatar Veteran
Location: Where the grass grows and there's lots of rain & trees
I think the last month is sooo hard! Hugs ((()))) before you know it, you'll be leaving the hospital with your little one. You're almost there!
August 24th, 2013, 08:31 AM
321abc
Just trying not to think about it! I have an appointment on Wednesday and I'll be 39.4 hoping to talk him into waiting to induce until the following Monday since my due date is on a Saturday. Hopefully she will come on her own!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search