Meeting Miah!

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree123Likes

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2013, 02:05 PM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlsshp9 View Post
He won't let me go past my due date..
Oh ok, that's what I thought you meant from your post....just didn't want to go assuming...lol
August 23rd, 2013, 04:26 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A little about my first induction...(two weeks past due)

I had to lay in bed for 12 hours with the suppository to soften my cervix. Couldn't even get out of bed to use the bathroom. I had to use a bed pan. I was miserable, couldn't sleep.

Then.. they start the Pitocin and I was still in bed hooked up to IV's, monitors, etc.. the Pitocin contractions were very very painful. 5 hours later she was born. Thankfully!

My next child, dd#2, I went into labor being 4 days past due and had my membranes stripped. I stayed at home laboring on my own for 4 hours and barely made it to the hospital. I was already 8 cm. They broke my water, quickly progressed to 10cm, two pushes and she was born. I have to say that was my best birth. Next daughter was induced a week early- not fun either, but atleast I didn't have to do the 12 hours of lying in bed thing-
Grlsshp9 likes this.

August 23rd, 2013, 04:33 PM
Grlsshp9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah labor is a tough thing, but I'm willing to go through the induction, im actually excited about it..It would be great to go into labor before Tuesday but if not then I'm fine with that.

August 23rd, 2013, 05:03 PM
mommyof4plus's Avatar Veteran
Location: Where the grass grows and there's lots of rain & trees
Quote:
My cervix still is not dilated, I had a whole essay written out for my doctor as to why I should be induced thinking he would say no today, and surprisingly he said yes! I go in Tuesday night at 8:30 p.m. and he is going to start me on some prostaglandin stuff to ripen my cervix and hopefully dilate it, and Wednesday morning he is going to check me, if I am still not dilated he will give me more medicine, and he said if I am not making any changes by Wednesday night/ Thursday morning we might have to do a c section, which I really do not want..so I pray my cervix starts acting right. BUT we will be meeting Miah next week, hopefully Wednesday!!!! SO EXCITING!!!

Oh and he checked my cervix and I am bleeding now, I called the nurse and she said it's normal, but I haven't seen blood in 10 months so it's freaking me out. lol
Sounds like you and I will be having ours the same day, except I'll likely beat you to it because I go in for C-section Tuesday morning. Maybe you'll get lucky and go into labor before than, we can always hope
Grlsshp9 likes this.
August 23rd, 2013, 05:24 PM
MamaLaurie's Avatar Veteran
Best of luck to you and Miah. Hope you have a great experience.
August 23rd, 2013, 05:36 PM
We are going to have a few babies rolling out this coming up week! That's going to be exciting!! & thank you mamalaurie, I am very excited to meet her!
mommyof4plus likes this.

August 23rd, 2013, 06:10 PM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I have been through this 3 times on this DDC, I know you mean well but I know what I want, I have googled it, and talked to my doctor about it, and I have heard a thousand other opinions, this is what I want. & If I have to have a c section it's not the end of the world, just a harder recovery..I would have had to been induced anyways because my cervix isn't favorable, so regardless, it would have been this coming up week or next week, I just took sooner rather than later!
Didn't know I was opening a can of worms there. I must have missed the other threads.

However, I must say at risk of annoying you further (which was not my intention - just telling you what I would hope someone would tell me) that I'm even more skeptical that you know your stuff on this since you said: "I would have had to been induced anyways because my cervix isn't favorable, so regardless, it would have been this coming up week or next week.."

The fact that your cervix isn't favorable right now does not in any way mean you'd end up with an induction/not go into labor on your own in the next week and a half. It just doesn't work like that. Maybe you'd go into spontaneous labor on your own 10 or 11 days from now, maybe you wouldn't. How ripe your cervix is today tells you nothing... ironically, except that it's not a good idea to attempt induction with a very unripe cervix. Cervadil doesn't necessarily hurt anything and the point is to ripen your cervix, but if your cervix is still very unripe going in and the cervadil doesn't work wonders, it's not a good idea to force labor with pitocin unless you have a medical reason that the baby needs to be out. Have you heard of the Bishop's Score? You should find out what your score is before you get induced as this is the way doctors (are supposed to anyway) assess whether induction is likely to be successful. Your doctor will let you do what you want for the most part because it's no skin off his teeth. He will get the baby out for you one way or another, but you're the one who will have to deal with any complications or c-section. I know you have googled and all but some of us have gone through several deliveries first-hand (in my case I've had an epidural delivery, 2 unmedicated births, and 2 inductions... 1 of which was miserable but turned out OK and 1 that caused a cord prolapse and I had an emergency c-section). So I would hope you would at least say "thanks for the thoughts"
jensma, Dolly Lama and Heidijens1 like this.

[/url]

August 23rd, 2013, 06:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Mariah, I wish you good luck and a smooth delivery. Excited for you! KUP

August 23rd, 2013, 06:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck!

Are you doing anything at home to try to ripen your cervix prior to the induction? That might be helpful! Things like EPO and sex are great to help your cervix soften up!
Keakie likes this.

August 23rd, 2013, 07:05 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Yeah labor is a tough thing, but I'm willing to go through the induction, im actually excited about it..It would be great to go into labor before Tuesday but if not then I'm fine with that.
I hope its a good birth for you and baby.

August 23rd, 2013, 11:37 PM
iCathy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecatlady View Post
I'm certainly not going to rag on you. I know you're done
I hope it goes well for you and you don't need surgery. Can't wait to see pictures of your little princess!!! I'm be hoping for a quick and easy delivery for you! KUP!
^^^^this! Can't wait to see pics! I know she will be gorgeous!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my sweet siggy!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 24th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Thanks for all of the non negative comments! Im glad some people are happy for me instead of constantly trying to rub facts in my face..

I have tried sex to ripen my cervix but nothing else, i dont really have money to spend on primrose oil and whatever else. I was going to try a pineapple, but that's a long shot I think.

August 24th, 2013, 09:18 AM
liz bevan's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to liz bevan Send a message via MSN to liz bevan
My first labour was induced as well and I wouldn't wish that on any one
I had one contraction on top of another with no breaks
We had to have an emrg csection last time
This time it was planned and I am greatful. I wouldn't have been able emotional do a vbac due to my loss

Maybe next time

Thank you so much for the awesome siggie Claire
Our joys will be greater
Our love will be deeper
Our lives will be fuller
Because we shared your moment
August 24th, 2013, 09:38 AM
That would be a horrible thing to go through, i couldnt imagine.

August 24th, 2013, 01:01 PM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't rush things. Baby will come when ready.

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
August 24th, 2013, 02:51 PM
ValyntineG's Avatar Based on a True Story
"Rubbing facts in your face?"

Seriously?

You know... I've stayed out of this thread in an attempt to be respectful, but you just earned yourself a virtual spanking. How old are you again? 19? If I were you, I would open up my ears and at least TRY to take into account what these women are telling you. They are adults that have been through this before and/or thoroughly researched their options... Two things which you have not done.

If you want to continue with this smug little attitude, fine. But I truly hope you don't ever have to watch your baby struggle to breathe in an incubator because you were impatient and selfish.

You think you're miserable now? Try recovering from childbirth with a baby in the NICU. I've done it twice now. It's the most horrible experience ever. The fact that you would risk that just blows my mind. Even if baby does come home with you, the post partum period is uncomfortable, painful and very stressful. Grow up.

I know you have your mind set on what you're doing, but I will not sit her idly while you sling your crappy, teenaged attitude at these women that are just trying to help you. You're on a public forum, sweetheart. If you don't want "facts" then go squeal about how excited you are to induce your birth for no reason with someone else.

Good luck.

I'm off to the NICU to see my daughter who's birth was a product of a medically necessary induction.

claire1979 is my siggy hero

www.etsy.com/shop/68cents
Go there. Buy stuff.

August 24th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy

August 24th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Super Mommy
I know how much the last few weeks of pregnancy can suck. Im due the same day as you and Im ***** done. I have a four year old, im exhausted, and Im sick of these constant contractions Im having.

But getting induced for no medical reason is an extremely bad decision. Can you really not just wait 11 more days until your due date at least to see what happens? Its a matter of DAYS at this point! Getting induced increases your risk of c-section by 50%!!!! Having a c-section is major surgery.... it actually doubles your risk of dying compared to a vaginal birth. There are a million more risks that go along with c-sections, many of them to your baby. Even just simple things like your baby's increased risk of asthma- How would you feel if you baby develop's asthma and you have to sit by watching your baby struggle to breath knowing that your impatience possibly led to that?

Again your body, your baby.... but the women (including myself) on this thread that are posting things you dont like, are trying to help you from making a really bad decision- not just trying to be mean.

*Thanks so much Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!*
06/12 11/12

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 24th, 2013, 03:41 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
sorry i can't kiss your butt and tell you i hope for the best for you either because you are being selfish. i DO hope that your birth isn't traumatic for your baby's sake. the fact is that a LOT of people have had bad inductions in this group, myself included, and we don't want to see that happen to you. Just because your dr says its okay doesn't mean its the best decision. We're not saying not to do it because we're jealous or don't want you to have your baby, its because it could be dangerous to her and cause a medical emergency for one or both of you. Everyone is uncomfortable at this stage, that is just part of being pregnant. Which btw is supposed to last on average 40 weeks. I'd take being pregnant for another week over the recovery of a c-section or 3rd degree tears because my body wasn't ready to give birth on its own. and if you're not dilated, your body isn't ready to deliver. sorry. your attitude just stinks and i'm sorry you're being so immature to so many people who are just wanting you to have a good results. Saying "i don't care, i'm over this" is only thinking of yourself, not your baby or her safety.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
August 24th, 2013, 03:57 PM
321abc
I wish the entire US would make it illegal to induce before at least 40 weeks so things like this could be avoided. I wish I wouldn't have chose an induction at 39 weeks with my last pregnancy. It was totally my choice and my doctor didn't push it at all but he also wasn't clear about the risks. I was in labor for 21 Ish hours. My son was healthy for the most part but struggle with his bilirubin levels for 2 months! I also had a 2nd degree tear and was sore for a very long time.
I hear many more stories of regret than I do stories of butterfly and rainbow inductions. (Both are possible though)
Heck, I know how bad it hurts and I even considered it this time
Because I'm tired and uncomfortable but, now I'm determined to go as long as my OB thinks is safe and hopefully I won't have to be induced at all.

You have obviously made up your mind but be thankful that people who don't know you from Adam care enough to explain to you the pain you are about to willingly go though
Closed Topic

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search