Meeting Miah!

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree123Likes

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2013, 03:13 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've lurked here because a friend of mine is a part of this DDC but when I saw this thread, I had to comment.

I think you are a fool if you allow your doctor to induce your labor without a medical reason. My labor with my son was induced for medical reasons however the induction failed which then forced me to undergo a c-section. Besides the fact that more than a year and a half later I still have pain and other issues from my c-section, my son was born with permanent brain damage because of problems during the c-section. He has cerebral palsy among many other problems. There is a REASON why babies aren't normally born at 38 or 39 weeks and there is a REASON why your body goes into labor. Because before that point neither our babies or our bodies are ready for birth!

Your "excuse" of being 'done' is the most vile, immature comment I've heard. If you are too selfish to wait another 11 days you are in for a really shocking life as a mother. A mother never has the chance to be selfish because they are too busy doing what's best for their CHILD, NOT THEMSELVES.

And btw, your cervix being unfavorable? Yeah, it's because your baby isn't ready to be born yet!!
August 24th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope that you realize and understand that everybody that has presented you with facts and stories that aren't all positive aren't doing it because they want to upset you or degrade you. It's just that these women have seen or been through what you're planning to go through and they don't want to see you or your child suffer.

When you tried for this baby, you DID sign up for the whole she-bang. You signed up for the discomfort, the pain, the peeing all night, the kicks. You signed up to put somebody before yourself for the rest of their or your life. You signed up to be miserable for the sake of the human you're creating. You signed up to be a mother. Motherhood starts with pregnancy. Every choice you make, every food you eat, every medication you take can have an effect on your child. Do we ALWAYS consider every single one of these things? No. But the major things, like have drugs placed into your cervix that can cause your uterus to rupture, leading to a life or death emergency for YOUR BABY, should be considered and weighed very, very carefully. Your own comfort should never be the "pro" that outweighs the potential cons.

Just know that, while I absolutely wish you the best and hope that in the end, you are able to look back and feel confident that you made the right decision for your child, the reason why people aren't supportive is because you just don't know what you're getting yourself into and won't consider that the choice your making MIGHT not be the right one.

August 24th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Grlsshp9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSouthMommy View Post
I've lurked here because a friend of mine is a part of this DDC but when I saw this thread, I had to comment.

I think you are a fool if you allow your doctor to induce your labor without a medical reason. My labor with my son was induced for medical reasons however the induction failed which then forced me to undergo a c-section. Besides the fact that more than a year and a half later I still have pain and other issues from my c-section, my son was born with permanent brain damage because of problems during the c-section. He has cerebral palsy among many other problems. There is a REASON why babies aren't normally born at 38 or 39 weeks and there is a REASON why your body goes into labor. Because before that point neither our babies or our bodies are ready for birth!

Your "excuse" of being 'done' is the most vile, immature comment I've heard. If you are too selfish to wait another 11 days you are in for a really shocking life as a mother. A mother never has the chance to be selfish because they are too busy doing what's best for their CHILD, NOT THEMSELVES.

And btw, your cervix being unfavorable? Yeah, it's because your baby isn't ready to be born yet!!
First off, no one asked for your negative *** comments! You are not a part of this DDC so your two cents are not needed. I think if my doctor had an issue with me being induced or thought it was risky he would have said NO, but he didnt, he said yes (: Every single one of my friends were induced at 39 weeks and their babies are just fine, and so are they. I dont care if it is going to be painful. Everyone thinks by telling me their little stories that ill change my mind, no. I want to be induced, my baby is term, and Im uncomfortable! Yall are acting like im the only ******* person to ever be electively induced! Get off of my back, and leave me alone. I dont even know why im still in the bull **** club, I thought i could join and get advice and find some comfort but I've never been so uncomfortable, and so attacked. This always happens to me, and I dont think its fair..I've been so nice about people trying to change my mind because like ive said this is the 3rd time I've had people give me their opinions and it always ends up like this. Is it because I'm young? No one else gets treated this way, and im fed up. Id rather be alone with my thoughts and questions then treated like ****.

August 24th, 2013, 04:24 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlsshp9 View Post
I dont even know why im still in the bull **** club, I thought i could join and get advice and find some comfort but I've never been so uncomfortable, and so attacked.
You are being given advice. You just don't want to hear it. THAT'S why your "age" comes into play, because your immaturity shows through in your response to anyone that doesn't agree with you.

I wish you the best of luck and I am praying for the health and safety of your child.

Btw, you must not be very familiar with JM. With the exception of private boards, everyone is welcome to post comments anywhere.
August 24th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Maria, are you not reading the words that these women are writing to you? No one is picking on you because you're young. These women are trying to *help you* avoid a terrible experience and ensure that your baby is as healthy as she can possibly be before she makes her appearance. Frankly, from what you've shared about your doctor here, I'm not sure how he has a medical license because what he's advocating is unnecessarily risky to you and your baby. The fact that "every one of your friends has been induced at 39 weeks", presumably without medical cause, is not only horrible medical practice, but it's irrelevant because the risks exist regardless. These women have *lived* those situations.

Your age has been mentioned because of the way you've responded to every gentle suggestion and bit of information that anyone has given you for the last several months. You *haven't* done your homework (which has been glaringly obvious in every post you've made about inducing ASAP for the past couple of months) and that's why everyone is concerned that you don't really know what you're getting yourself into.

You say that you wanted to join to get advice and find comfort. You've been given wonderful advice, and it's been given graciously and gently up until this point. I'm sorry that most of the women here are not willing to blindly tell you what you're doing is no big deal, or try to turn it into some kind of women's empowerment thing (which, as a sidenote: frankly, the idea that your body isn't capable of birthing a baby and you need the big, strong medical community to take care of it for you is the most anti-woman statement I've seen in ages). I'm sorry that most women aren't willing to tell you what you want to hear regardless of the facts. That's not support - that's *** kissing.

If it "always happens" to you, perhaps that's a sign that you should develop a little humility and consider accepting that you DON'T know everything.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!

Last edited by Keakie; August 24th, 2013 at 04:37 PM.
August 24th, 2013, 04:43 PM
babybatax2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Once you decide to become a mother, you give up being uncomfortable and everything else to do what's right for your child. If there is no medical reason to be induced, I don't understand why you would do it. I am uncomfortable also, I chase my kids all day, I'm exhausted, my hips are killing me, but I have another 5 weeks to go! As much as I want baby out, it is not what is best for her!

Every day counts even if you are full term!

Good luck! I hope your baby does well and is healthy!

07/2007 03/2011 01/2012
August 24th, 2013, 04:47 PM
beckiethedoula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've probably written 4 responses to this nonsense and then deleted them. I really only have one thing to say about this:

You will probably be fine. Your baby will probably be fine. I hope to the gods that you learn a little selflessness for the sake of that little girl. Your life isn't supposed to be about you anymore, sweetheart. If you continue thinking of only *your* comfort and happiness your sweet baby is going to pay for it.

Bottom line: It's not about you anymore so you should probably get used to it.

August 24th, 2013, 04:50 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
at this point everyone knows you're going to go through with it. i wish we could save our words because they're wasted, but we couldn't. its too hard to sit idly by and watch someone put their CHILD in a potentially bad situation. it is your attitude more than anything that so many people are turned off by. if you could just say thanks for the concern then that would be fine, but you can't. you're defensive and downright snotty about it. it's an attitude of an immature person. i do REALLY hope miah is okay, and i don't doubt that she'll probably be healthy at 39 weeks, its just that by saying you don't care about what anyone else thinks you're tired and you're done, you're saying that you also don't care to wait until your baby is ready to be born, which just frustrates a lot of people, especially on a pregnancy and BIRTH board. You're not always going to hear what you want.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!

Last edited by jensma; August 24th, 2013 at 04:53 PM.
August 24th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Grlsshp9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my goodness!!! Gentle advice? GO BACK AND READ. I'm done with this, keep commenting, I don't care nor will I continue to read.

August 24th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Closing this tread.

Those who have violated the TOS will be warned.

Sorry ladies.

Closed Topic

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search