Transverse baby at 36 weeks

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Heidijens1
  • 1 Post By 321abc

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2013, 07:31 PM
jewelsgurl23's Avatar Abby and Amber's Momma
well amber decided that its cool to be transverse. she has been head down since 23 weeks but today she decided that she didn't like that position and is transverse according to my doctor. my doctor said if she doesn't move i will have to have a c-section. any ways to get her to move back head down? my bp was very high today also. im just keep praying and asking god to have her move back to head down positon.

thanks for reading

August 23rd, 2013, 08:29 PM
Heidijens1's Avatar Super Mommy
try spinningbabies.com There sre soon good ideas on there.
Keakie likes this.
August 23rd, 2013, 08:29 PM
321abc
My son was transverse around that time I got down on my hands and knees and rocked back and forth and he turned before I was induced at 39 weeks. It can happen!
There's also I chiropractic method but I can't think what it's called
Keakie likes this.
August 24th, 2013, 07:39 AM
jewelsgurl23's Avatar Abby and Amber's Momma
thanks ladies for all the help. im going to try the hands and knees and im praying that she moves back head down.

August 24th, 2013, 12:46 PM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope it works out! Transverse sounds uncomfortable for both of you! At least you have a couple weeks or more for her to turn. Even though it's stressful to worry about, they often turn around by the time it's go-time. I had a baby who was breech around 36 weeks and it was beginning to get nerve-wracking but as soon as there was serious talk about what to do and trying a version, she was head down at my next appointment! Phew!

Hey, which reminds me, if you don't want a c-section and baby still hasn't turned head down, could you request that they at least try an external version (the doc uses ultrasound to see what he's doing and tries to manually turn the baby head down). It *seems* like it would be easier to get a transverse baby to turn than one that is completely breech. Worth asking about if it comes down to it...

KUP!

[/url]

August 24th, 2013, 01:02 PM
321abc
I don't know about getting a transverse baby to turn by a version but I was told it is less likely for a transverse baby to turn on it's own than a breech baby.
But there is hope, it can happen cause mine turned
August 25th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Veteran
Find a chiropractor that is certified in the Webster technique. My baby was transverse, but after a couple weeks of chiropractic care, she is now head down. Also, the exercises on spinningbabies.com can help, as well as acupuncture and/or moxibustion. There is also the option for an external version by the OB. Good luck!
DS ~ October 2007

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search