Alyssa arrival and prayers please........... long

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2013, 01:27 AM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was planned to be induced September 1 and things went to crap. They called me to let me know they werent going to do the induction as there wasnt a bed for Alyssa for when she was born. Anyways, I get called in to do an NST and I bring up the chaos and run around I have been through and the constant UTis and the contractions and pressure. Well Aug 23 I went in for a severe bladder infection to be told I was at a 0 station 1-2cm dilated and 50% effaced. Well when I got there for my NST Sept 1, I was checked cus I was contracting without a good tracing.. which could indicate one of both or both, labor or distress. Well baby was at a +2, 2cm dilated and 100% effaced, she wasnt tolerating the NST the dr who check me called NEO and MADE a bed for her and said she is being sectioned asap. I got put off by a mad rush of people to be sectioned. I had her September 1 1101 via section. OMG was I terrified. She was brought to me and I was in heaven. At first I cried just cus I seen her dx was true not cus I was scared but that I was scared of her quality and wanted to protect her. Well she suckled and I got asked to feed her. I said ok, bottle. She ate the whole thing like a champ. Big girl considering she was born with downs and sucking is hard. Anyways, I got told if she continued in a couple days she could come home. Thats when they took her to NICU to monitor her, check her over and all that. I go to see her when my husband woke and we get told shes not eating from a bottle so tube feed in nose. OK I figured that... Monday goes by and she is looking swollen.. I get told thats normal and that she will go down cus of the section. So me knowing nothing about downs and sections chalked it up and beleived it. I go back and forth a few times to see her, in pain. I slept in on Tuesday and went to see her, to be told they moved her to the nicu downstairs cus they needed her spot and cus she is holding down her milk via tube and happy she can be a bit alone. an alarm went off and I started to watch things cus I do not go for a special needs baby, NEWBORN going downstairs, btdt and know this nicu is strictly 1 nurse for 6 babies, not one on one like upstairs. She is swollen even more and purply, hands feet are cold and I told my husband, she looks different. The nurse said cus she is getting bigger. YES she is GAINING. I thought babies loose weight? they said not all... ummm ALL my other boys did, why is she the exception. I notice her belly is large. I MEAN grapefruit size. the nurse brushed me off and I asked to speak to a dr to only be told he back in the morning. So I didnt leave till I couldnt hold my eyes open. Im in pain during all this. I notice the swelling and could not sleep. We move onto Wednesday when I go see her and get told she FINALLY poop. Ummmm I was told she poo at birth, oh ummm hmm nope and closes her book. I grab it and look, someone scribbled maybe?? ***, maybe.? I ask to speak to a dr again and I got told we will send him to your room upstairs. I said ok. I wait for my sister to come and we go visit her. She is still swollen and very limp. Oh thats ok she says, no its not. i pick her up and get yelled at. i said shes my baby i deal with spit up its ok. Well she spits up on my sister then exploded out her mouth. enough for a pepsi can of something, it was thick green bile loooking shes choking. i call the nurse and she stops puking. she say thats her milk. I started reaming the nurse out to talk to a dr and she said shes fine. and puts her back in the cot. i go upstairs and call my husband. get down here now. by the time he got here and went to see her befor i could get back down, she had her stomach pump and was being shipped out for emergency surgery. Needless to say we are at BC Childrens waiting for surgery. She may have Hirshsprungs disease, spelling wrong. its where the nerves in teh bowels are deformed etc.. i will come back and update it all correct. We are here and she is doing well. they scoop the poop out, pump herb elly.. and put iv and fluids in her. she is back to lean baby, pink, happy, SUCKING cus they said she is unable. I am about to sue them. I am getting a lawyer, cus while I was speaking to the nicu nurse at the other hospital, she said down syndrome babies they dont like to deal with. Really, and you took her on and didnt allow me at the other hospital. I said she was dieing in my arms. Well maybe we dont know that. Ummmm YA! I ask the nurses here and they said it seem that way cus her lungs collapse and she had apnea sessions and more. so ya she was. I ask for prayers for her as we are here, waiting for her biopsy and surgery. I want her home. we also get the echo to determine when she gets that heart surgery done. I got told by this hospital that it was good i got downstairs right in time and pushed cus it wouldnt of turn out good. I got to ride in the infant transport to and I am so glad. I am in so much pain and up. I cant sleep. im so mad, upset.

Alyssa (middle name undecided)
born Sept 1, 1101pm (38 +2)
weight 6 8
length 18.5 inch
apgar 8 then 9
came into the world crying, screaming and oh so cute.

I will post pics when I get home as I am in the lounge stealing computer. Im so mad to
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

September 5th, 2013, 06:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
OMG Annick That is so scary! I would definitely be speaking with a lawyer!!!

I hope little Alyssa is doing well now *HUGS* <3

Lots of T&P's for you both!

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
September 5th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Oh, mama. I would definitely talk to a lawyer - that sounds like total negligence on the part of the first hospital and it makes me angry that they put your LO's health at risk so flippantly.

I'll be praying for you and for her improvement. She is beautiful, by the way!

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
September 5th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Veteran
How scary! I hope that she does not suffer any long term or lifelong effects due to their blatant negligence. Lots of prayers are being sent your way! <3
DS ~ October 2007
September 5th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh my goodness! Thoughts and prayers for you and your little one!

*Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!*
September 5th, 2013, 10:55 AM
manda622's Avatar First Time Mommy-To-Be
Praying for you and your beautiful baby girl! I can't believe the negligence of the first hospital- definitely talk to a lawyer. The way the NICU nurses were so dismissive of your concerns is appalling.

BFP: 1/31/2013
First OB Visit: 02/19/2013
Dating Ultrasound: 02/20/2013 Got to see the baby move! HB 170!
Level 2 Ultrasound: 4/24/2013 It's a boy! HB 148!

September 5th, 2013, 11:20 AM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh wow. That is so much to deal with. Fighting for the life of your baby while trying to heal and take in the fact that she is here, etc... I pray for your comfort and wisdom and the healing of your precious bundle. I pray she gets the loving care that she needs and you healing super quick. I pray for your strength and the strength of dh and family. May the LORD be with you. In Jesus' name.

September 5th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm lurking. But I wanted to send hugs and healing thouhts yours and your babys way. Poor thing. I would sue the hospital too.

September 7th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I have everyone I can think.of praying for Alyssa.

September 7th, 2013, 10:04 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
I am so sorry you had to deal with all of that... totally unacceptable. I would probably be contacting a lawyer as well. How could they be so careless and dismissive.

Prayers sent your way for baby Alyssa, you and your family. Be strong baby girl!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
September 7th, 2013, 10:18 PM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lurking here. Just wanting to say good job for fighting for your baby! I agree you should seek a lawyer. That is NOT the way a hospital should handle itself. Congrats on your beautiful baby!
September 9th, 2013, 07:18 AM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lurking, just wanted to say I'm so sorry you have been given such a rough run around! It aounds like it started before birth! I really hope that you get proper care for your little beauty soon and get things figured out! Also!!! Get that lawyer

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
September 9th, 2013, 11:05 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Hi, lurking here, but I remember you from the few times you posted on Large Families.

Congrats on your baby girl!!

I just want to offer thoughts and prayers for you and your baby girl. I definitely think you should contact an attorney to see what your options are.
#12 is on the way
September 24th, 2013, 05:05 AM
HeatherLyn429's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherLyn429
Lurking here. I lost my nephew in 2011 at 6 weeks due to a toxic colon from undiagnosed hirschprungs disease. You saved her life by being pro active and advocating for her. My nephew also didn't have his first bowel movement for 4 days (often the first sign of this disorder) and no one picked up on it. He had other symptoms also, which we know now after the fact, but he was in the hospital for 4 weeks after his birth (he was born at 36w but had issues with eating and other things) andnot a single doctor or nursed picked up on it. His mom didn't know to question the nurses and doctors. If it had been found early and he could've had surgery, he'd still be here. So so grateful you pushed those doctors and nurses.
Congrats on your baby girl
and introducing my new baby princess Penelope Kate born 3/18/14 5:35am 9lbs 5oz 22"
September 24th, 2013, 05:31 AM
mama2ladybugs's Avatar Super Mommy
Lurking from Oct. DDC. I am SO sorry you went through all that!! My prayers go out for you and your little girl that she gets better!!

Thank you Babydoll213 for my beautiful siggy

WTTC #3 Fall 2017
September 30th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
*lurking from jan. 2014 ddc*

I am so sorry you are going through this, but glad to see you stood your ground and got the doctors and nurses looking and finding the problem.. Praying for a full recovery of your little girl and yourself and that your precious bundle of joy is home soon..

BTW love the name.. Im also an Alyssa..

thank you PrincessMom08 for my siggy.

October 9th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i know Im not apart of this group but I always browse the nb baby due date clubs. I would definitly talk to a lawyer. Good luck and so many prayers for your little girl <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search