How are we all feeling?

Forum: September 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Maenfayne
  • 1 Post By manda622

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To September 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2013, 02:29 AM
Maenfayne's Avatar Veteran
For the mommas still waiting for our little ones to come, how are you feeling?

I've been exhausted during the day, as I can't seem to get any rest at night. However, afternoon naps seem to work alright. I can lay in bed all super comfy and nap for 4 hours. Yet, if I skip a nap and try to sleep at night instead.... I toss and turn and get up a million times. What in the world? Even now it's 1:25 AM and I can't for the life of me get comfortable in bed. So I'm up instead. I get the urge to walk, but our house is so teeny tiny I basically just pace around the living room. Then there are the back cramps that come in waves, which usually start in the evening and last through the night. Combine those with BH and viola! You get why I'm not sleeping lol Last night my back cramps and BH were so strong I thought we would be heading in to the hospital. Yet they didn't get regular and tapered off after a few hours.

I'm sure you ladies are experiencing fun things such as this. Spill it
manda622 and AshleighR like this.

10.03.13 8lbs 11oz 21 inches
Excuse my typos, there is either a baby on my boob or sleeping in my arms

Thank you *sharon* for my adorable siggy

September 15th, 2013, 02:56 AM
Badass
I'll break down how things are going with me

Mood: My moods have been terrible this entire week, I'll be over the moon one second and happy with life and then my partner will say one little thing to me and all of a sudden I wish I had never even met him (huge over-reaction on my part!). I go between being super happy that it is almost time for me to meet my baby and then the next I'm absolutely terrified!

Body: I'm able to get comfortable a lot easier then I was last week, however since my baby is still breech they haven't dropped so I'll be in my perfect position and next second I'm arching my back as far as it goes to get the baby's head out of my ribcage. If that wasn't annoying enough they seem to be very fond of kicking down into my cervix when they are stretching out, so I'll be mid conversation and then all of a sudden shouting out in pain. Rolling over in bed at night is absolute agony and I feel like I'm constantly needing to pee too now. Braxton Hicks have been near constant over the past 4 days as well (I have only been able pick up on it since I had the fetal monitor hooked up on Thursday). Oh! And I sweat like a pig at night, it's horrible!

Sleep: When I finally manage to get in my super comfy spot (my partner knows not to spoon me as I get too hot) I either need to get up in an hour to pee or I wake up in a panic every 2 hours or so because my body doesn't seem to realise that the baby is still IN me! I'm lucky to get 4-6 hours sleep at night recently, it's an interesting experience.

I'm also noticing a huge decrease in energy lately, I just can't be bothered doing anything which is pretty bad considering I am still yet to finish folding and putting away the last of Baby's newborn clothes and all of their 0-3m clothing!

Ugh, it's pretty crap at the moment!
September 15th, 2013, 08:09 AM
AIK112018's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Still preggo. Anxious to meet my little one!
I try not to complain but my hip/pelvis is hurting so bad!! I hate spd. I can't function.
Nausea is back in the mornings. Contracting on and off but nothing consistent, just a tease.

I don't think I would be as anxious as I am if everybody would stop asking me every hour of the day if I am in labor yet. LOL
September 15th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Veteran
I am super uncomfortable. I am so tired of peeing every hour. Seriously. The baby has dropped, a week now, so you can imagine all the lovely pressure I am feeling down there. The only good thing is when I am walking, I am not running out of breath as much anymore.

I am super tired. And I totally agree with you Maenfayne about the whole nap thing. My problem at night a lot is I have restless leg syndrome. This I have had before I got pregnant. So the feeling of electrical impulses shooting up and down my legs sucks. I am so thankful for our recliner. I like to start off in bed with hubby, but usually after an hour or so, I am in the living room in the recliner. It gives me so much back support and I bring a pillow to put under my knees.

During the day I am usually pretty good. Last week though has been the worst so far with regards to pain. I've been pretty much camped out in my chair watching tv. There has been a couple times where I just don't feel like doing anything and hubby has to fetch some dinner.

I am counting down days now. 8 more to go. Planned c-section on the 23rd at 39 weeks.
September 15th, 2013, 01:05 PM
I had tons of false labor! I read online that it often occurs at the same time. It was common for me to have contractions 5-10 minutes apart from about 8:30 till midnight at least 3 times a week. Sometimes they didn't even stop with a shower but would eventually go away and I would fall asleep. It was SO frustrating!! I wish I could tell you how long that went on until real labor but, I ended up being induced
So I'm not help there.
Several of my friends said they had tons of false labor with subsequent pregnancies
September 16th, 2013, 07:27 AM
manda622's Avatar First Time Mommy-To-Be
I have to play the amniotic fluid or pee game like 5 times a day. My bladder is embarrassingly leaky- I had issues with it before pregnancy because I have interstitial cystitis, but this is ridiculous. Also lots of BH, and off and on back cramps. Friday night I had diarrhea and stomach cramping and I thought maybe it was early labor, but I think it was just too many tacos for dinner! LMAO. And then yesterday I felt "off" all day, lots of pelvic pressure, a general over all achey-ness in my body, tired, hungry and super thirsty. I carbo-loaded, napped, and chugged water all day. I told hubs before bed that I wouldn't be surprised if I woke up in labor- but nope! LOL. This end of pregnancy guessing game is fun, isn't it?

ETA: I have terrible edema in my feet and in my lower abdomen. It's super uncomfy, especially the abdomen after sitting all day at work- its on the lower part of my belly so it's jammed between my upper belly and my lap all day. Yuck. Also, I have a UTI but am on day 4 of antibiotics and symptoms are easing up. Fun fun fun.
AshleighR likes this.

BFP: 1/31/2013
First OB Visit: 02/19/2013
Dating Ultrasound: 02/20/2013 Got to see the baby move! HB 170!
Level 2 Ultrasound: 4/24/2013 It's a boy! HB 148!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search